Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935-1936 Ford pickup tech for the masses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jan 18, 2008.

1. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

very cool thanks for the info.
    Bill

2. Austin Spencer

Austin Spencer
    from Las Vegas

Very helpful...thanks.

3. decayed40

decayed40

not to jack the thread but i have a really nice original radiator apron from my 36 p/u that i never used if anyone is in need? pm me , i just seen mention earlier in this thread tht reminded me:)

4. my35

my35

Congratulations on an excellent thread. I have learn't things about my '35 Pickup that I never new.

One thing that I need some help with is the front catch for the hood sides.

The rear bracket is part of the cowel, but I have no bracket etc. to lock in the front.

I know that '37 and '38 have a bracket attached to the grill surround, but there does not appear to be any such bracket for the '35 or '36.

Any help (with a photo) would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Aussie Bob (my35)

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

The bracket for the front is on the radiator on 35-36.

6. my35

my35

Thanks Roothawg, I didn't get a radiator with the truck so I didn't know how the hood sides were latched. I guess that there is no reproduction part available, so I will have to make something to suit.

Cheers

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Some of the guys were talking about his on our social group board. I think someone may be reproducing the radiator with the correct latch mounts on it.

8. case12

case12

Is the '36 door indent designed in at the front bottom of the door and on both sides (ie, it looks like the door was opened to far and got bent by the fenders)? We were going to flaten the indents with the door, thinking they were dents from usage.....but if that is the way they are supposed to be?

See indention in picture - it is on both driver and passenger door. I thought it was not supposed to be there?

Thanks, Casey

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  9. shop teacher

shop teacher

I hope so- I thought that the kids bent our cab at school !!!!! Bill

10. Roothawg

Roothawg

It is part of the bodyline. Leave them.

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Here is the tech on it.

12. case12

case12

Yes, I was reading the thread and saw your description. That is how I started wondering about those "dents". I see a lot of street rod '36 trucks without those indentions, and can only presume they thought the same thing I did and flattened them out. Now that I know, I plan on leaving them there. :) Thanks for the great info! Casey

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

The 35 cabs don't have them, so some may be 35's but they have a flatter A post.

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

The belt line crease stays, but are you talking about the dent on the bottom edge of your door, that most probably IS from contacting the front fender.

Attached Files:

15. case12

case12

OK. I think I just got thoroughly confused. But that's OK. So, the crease at the bottom of the door (on both sides) that you have highlighted is indeed a dent and should be repaired? Sorry if I got everyone completely confused :). I missed the nuance of what and where the crease was..... Thanks, Casey

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yep. What Jeem said.

17. draginsteel

draginsteel

Thanks for the tech!

18. Hi guys- I have been killing myself looking for a nice 35 p/u grill to repair mine but so far, no luck. I do have a line on a a few 35 grill and sheetmetal parts if you guys are interested I will pass along the info of where I found them. I am not at all involved in the sale of these parts.....I just did the research and found them! Why not pass along the info to my fellow Hambers! I only need a nice bottom section of the grill but am not willing to pay big$$$$$ for an entire grill.

FOUND-
    -35 P/U grill....rusted, complete, some bent bars, some cracks, really expensive but you have to take what you can find!
    -35 P/U grill, no bars left, pretty nasty, bottom is pretty nice. Fairly expensive.
    -35 P/U inner front fender sheetmetal. Looks complete but need work.

Please let me know if any of you have a 35 P/U grill I can buy.

I have the pics and prices......just PM me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  19. Here is pic of the bumper cut-out in the fender of my 35 p/u
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  20. 36rustrod

36rustrod

I have a 36 that i am building right now. it started out as a tow truck but i took the cab, grille, hood and inner fenders and have tracked down some front fenders a chassis and bed sides. Does anyone have parts that i am missing? do the inner fenders from a 1 ton work on a 1/2 ton? also, the windshield on my truck was screwed into the cab but has the crank and hinges for the frame. does anyone have a frame?

21. noboD

noboD

Roothawg, thanks for this info. I've always liked the '35'36 trucks, never really knew the differances. Now if I could just remember them.

22. 36rustrod

36rustrod

does anyone know the dimensions for the wood that goes between the cab and the frame on the 36 pickup?

23. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Man Thanks For Info!

Does anybody reproduce replacement door skins for 35 & 36 doors???

24. Howells Sheetmetal has a large selection of replacement sheetmetal for 35+ Ford trucks including door skins.
    Link- http://www.fordor.com/

There are some more suppliers that I will have to look up and post later.

25. rdg51

rdg51

Thanks for the tech. I have a 36. I am looking for parts to fix frame rails--mine is rusted out just before the dog leg up to the right rear end--inner crossmember as well. Fabrication and welding skills are OK, but prefer to have the part already made. Are these parts available without buying a whole frame (new or used--still a hassle cost of shipping) Thanks.

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

These frames like to rust out right there because crud gets stuck in between the rail and the back leg of the x-member....I have to deal with this issue on the passenger side. I'm going to fab a piece outta similar steel and have my lil' buddy weld it in for me.

27. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm not sure that anyone repops repair panels for the frame kick ups. It's not that hard to trace out a cardboard template and then transfer that to some flat plate. The inside piece could be a little trickier but if you box that area anyway, it would be a mute point.

28. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Thanks for all information on our trucks. Keep on truckin!

29. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

GoesLikeStink:
    Thanks Alot!!! Just what I was looking for!