Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How to steal a car "legally"?? (warning)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crackerass54, Aug 1, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Pretty expensive piece of ass ;)

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

We have similar problems here in Tucson, I won't say who. Rhymes with "Bary's Towing".

3. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Sh*t, I din`t think this stuff still went on. I knew I was lucky when I got pulled over in Texas, @ 4 am with $10K in cash, and let go. I figured with the cash, and Mass plates I was all done. I got a written warning, and was sent on my way.

Glad you got your car back. Those A-holes should pay. There are real crimes going on out there, they should be dealing with.

4. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

absolute corruption at its best..

My solution..everyone who got their car illegally impounded by these ass hats gets one shot at the fuckheads with a base ball bat, if thers anything left of the dirtbags after they get done taking turns on them with a louisville slugger, incarcerate them in the prison most known for sodomy of their inmates..and if they are cops..no protection or isolation from the general populace..

sorry i but these types deserve every bit of this and than some, and i feel that some of these large profile Hot Rod thefts that never get found, are pulled off by "protected" rings, or have a dirty "Official" behind it, and backing them up.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I really hope you get a good lawyer and get a hold of DATE LINE on TV . Man they love to do that kind of stuff on TOWING COMPANIES & DIRTY COP !!!
    Just remember not to smoke too close to the towing companies office & towing rigs with a 5 gallon jug of gas and a big cigar lit real good !

I really hate Dirty Cops & a F**kin' theif !
    Just remember this , " don't get mad .....GET EVEN ! "

RetroJim

7. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

Yeah, no joke. Most of them in town are bad, but they take the cake.

Add me to the group that knew this was about towing companies when I read the title

8. Years ago a local police dept. sent me a letter stating that my 69 GTO was in inpound for back parking ticket fines. When I pay the fines I will get it back. They had my license plate number right but I had a 58 Impala. So I called them back and asked if I paid the 200 bucks I could drive it home they said yes. i go to pick it up and they asked to see the car registeration, but it said 58 Chev. Now they say the GTO isn't mine. I tell them they said it was, but I lost out on a 200 buck muscle car.

9. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Man! Does this stink!!! John Stossell needs to get on this, that is, IF there's any serious investigative reporting in this country anymore. Or, has the damn media sold out completely???

10. Don't kid yourself, Junior, with the stereotypes there. This shit happens ALL ACROSS the country, every day.

11. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

It's good to hear you got the car back. Along the way, it's my guess that your lawyer, and the fact you knew who the tow company was all came together. I know what I would do if what happened to me. I would find out who the owner of the tow company was and we would have a discussion. People like this are inherently cowards and when they know (that you know) where they live, things tend to work out real quick.

12. I'm glad it all worked out in the end, but I'd be concerned about living in a state that puts a warrant out for ya for an unpaid "inspection" ticket. Here in Maryland they just suspend your registration or won't allow it to be renewed until you take care of the citation and pay the fine.

13. Brahm

Brahm

Something very similar happened to me in San Diego, back when I had the supercharged motor in the '69. I was parked out in front of JBA/ESI watching a couple guys race (didn't race myself and this was before the big crack down on street racing and all the new laws). Cops came in chased everyone out.. no big deal JBA, and ESI are machine shops and a performance shop my friends worked there and we had permission to be in the lot. We wait around for everyone to scatter the normal thing to do as the cops usually go after those who are racing or those who rip out like they have something to hide...and hang out in the lot with my friend whom work there, at some point I hop in the car just to sit in it. Cop comes up behind me asks me for my info, I hand it over. Wondering what the big deal is.. 1) I wasn't racing 2) I wasn't driving 3) I was on private property of which I had permission to be on. Next thing I know the cop Out of the Goodness of his heart was not taking me to jail, but impounding my car for driving on a Suspended License, and writing me up for the same. We called the owner of the property verified I had permission to be there.. Nope he refused, we said let us push the car around back into the gated area of the lot.. nope, have a friend drive it home? nope... Officer refused said he had to impound it.. Now lets be clear.. 1) The officers never saw me drive the car, as far as they knew it was rolled out from behind the shop, or just at the shop. 2) ...and most importantly..my licenses wasn't suspended. After many attempts to come to reasonable terms with the officers and keep my cool. I ended up getting impounded for driving on a street I never drove on, with a suspended license that wasn't suspended. ...next day I go to pick the car up...sorry we can't release it to your license is suspended you'll have to come back Monday. Now I'm sweating balls this was only a few weeks after I dropped this motor in the car which took me almost 3 years to save up for and build, and a guy I know had his car impounded in Hemet, CA a few months back and motor was magically gone when he went to pick the car up....

Monday comes and I go to get my car, they refuse to let it go still because my license was suspended.. (which it wasn't), but after a lot of fighting and a 1000$ or so later they let it go but my buddy had to drive it out of the lot, glad I got the car out but I was still facing charges.. in the end I lawyer'd up and was able to get everything dropped, but it still cost well over 1000$ between the impound fees which I was UNABLE to reclaim, and the lawyer fees...all for having a car parked in a parking lot.

14. smarg

smarg

I guess us Texas boys should watch out thanks for the info.

15. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Got a full tank of diesel siphoned from my truck when it was towed after I went to jail. I filled it up the morning I got popped, had about 18 miles on the tank when it was towed, had about 4 gallons left when I picked it up the next day. This is when diesel was $4.79/gallon, and the truck holds 35 gallons. I was pissed, but there was nothing I could really do because I didn't have my receipt. Oh well, they didn't make off with anything else I had (tools, GPS, phone, cash, etc)

Glad you got your situation sorted out, and thanks for the heads up.

16. anytimes cops,tow trucks get the chance to seize your car they possible will make it happen.Many cops are rated on not how many bad guys or dope they take off the street but by how much they make in seized property!....look for the DVD "siezed by the law".These guys love to go after collector type cars........one of the many reasons I dont trust or like cops,and now they are asking for your SS number,its none of their damn biz.! JMO

17. Zumo

Zumo

So was it Dallas County? That is shitty but I beleive it.

18. rowdy

rowdy

i read that this happened in texas, not in the south. i see you are in germany, you may not understand that these are 2 different places. I live in tennessee, the south, texas is different.

19. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

One of the best quotes I've heard....."Louisiana is the crazy old uncle in the attic of American politics." Thank Huey P. Long for the legacy....slide

20. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

I was gonna post this.

I got beat to it, and by a chick at that.

I love this place. :D

There are perks to living out here in BFE. The cops are all so Barney Fife, and the tow truck guys (both of them) are such toothless good-old-boys, that we don't have much trouble with this stuff around here.

It helps that folks around here don't resort to lawyers to fix stuff like this, if you catch my meaning.

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm sure he meant geographiclly, not according to the Cival War.:) And either way, Texas is, and was, a southern state.

22. godspeedbear

godspeedbear
    from golden

Illinois law:rolleyes:........If you build a ...'50 fleetline put a sub frame underneath, put a newer engine in it......
    And don't have it inspected by the state police (with will reissue a new title 'custom title')
    and get stopped (cop havin' a bad day) sees that it's modified, can and will impound the car.
    If the car doesn't look like '50, he can impound it.

Hasn't happened to me, but I know a guy that had a '56 chev p/u that was nova subframed, was impounded, towed to Springfield, and he had to prove that he bought the subframe legally.......He never got the truck back (he couldn't produce a receipt, bought the subframe out of a junkyard).

It a law under Speciality custructed / custom vechile titling..

23. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

I hope you didn't blow your chance, sounds like another episode of Overhaulin, you sure Chip Foose and that Chris guy weren't messin with you? :D

Just kidding, it's crazy out there.

24. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

want to hear something funny? I just got arrested wednesday for the EXACT same warrant, you know the guy on cops trying to tell his side of the story" I didn't do any thing, I paid that G%$ damn it" YA that was me. good times!

25. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Yes..sir
    "_ary's Towing"

..scums of the desert...

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

remember on alot of the old chevs there is no vin plate. the block # is the vin# thats cool if you still have the stock engine, but if not no #s

27. S.F.

S.F.

Did you ever think you were on Overhaulin for a minute?

28. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

NO. ha, I always tell my buddy if chip foose stole my car I think i'd f%^$k him up,but no I didn't.

29. DUDE whenever thats a issue go to your local DMV and they will give the car a assigned VIN number plate,Ive done that more than once,

30. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Ha. I'd let him steal it and ebay it for something I REALLY wanted. Foose can really screw something up.

slack likes this.