Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Car City in Cartersville Georgia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GEORGIADAWG, Sep 21, 2009.

1. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

I live about 3 miles from it and i know a lot of you know about it and might not of been able to make it here and check it out so i went and got some pics. These are from the front yard. There are about 4,000 back in the woods that you have to pay $12 for a tour.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

3. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

4. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

5. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I've got to get there this fall... someone on here told me they've got a hood I've been looking for.

Anyone from the Georgia area up for a road trip in October?

-Brad

7. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Wow... I've never heard of this place and I'm a native... but I'm from the eastern side of Atlanta.

-W

8. chopped

chopped

I was there a couple years ago, guy wasn't selling much of anything. Maybe it's changed. The old shop area out front was interesting, but it was free then.

9. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

12 bucks a head to see his over priced rusted cars? That guy obviously does NOT want to sell much looking at his prices. Thanks for the heads up. Someone needs to tell this knucklehead that he can't take this shit with him!

10. screwball

screwball

kinda like taking a kid to a candy store charging him to get in but never having enough $$$ to buy anything. Better yet it looks like he allows you to take pics. Do some of the artsie type people will pay for and go into bissness with him selling them at the office.

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I've never been in that place..why would I pay to see HIS JUNK ? I've been by there everytime I go to Pigeon Forge and Maryville Tennessee.

12. Brad,

I'll gladly ride shotgun!

PS- are you ready for Hershey yet?

13. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

yeah the shop and all the areas i tool pics of is free. It's the 4,ooo or so cars way back in the woods is what he charges to see
    that's how i feel too which is why i have never seen that back lot cars
    prices are all over the place, some of the stuff he is way to proud of and the other i didn't see a price, and i haven't asked

14. onedge

onedge

we went in early 90's did not pay to go thru it all either. 40 sedan delivery @ 10K! I figured they would all be scrapped by now.

15. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

Called him about a grill for a 62 nova said he had it drove over there and then he wouldn't sell it said I had to buy the whole car.

16. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

yeah i have heard they are a little screwy in the way they do bussness and price cars

17. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

If you want to buy anything talk to Thomas he sells cars there and helps the owner out. Dean is the owner and he thinks he's got more money than God. Dean has lost his mind at times and sometimes he'll just about give it away. It don't cost to go in the main building just out in the back behind the fence. It's a good place but some of his stuff is just junk. If you wanted some good pics of old junk cars you can get them there. I dig this place. Most of the stuff you can fix is to high priced. Like I said talk to Thomas if you want to buy anything.

18. That way I get the whole back seat...:cool:
    Pick a day.

19. Been there, done that, ain't goin' back. The guy really don't wanna sell anything, he'd rather let 'em rust down (which they're just about finished with). Went to buy some Buick drums:
    "Found some drums over there, how much?" , agreed on price. Had my tools, offered to pull 'em, he says naw he'll pull 'em...tomorrow. OK, his stuff, whatever. Called the next afternoon, he hadn't pulled 'em. Waited a few days, called back, hadn't pulled 'em, "been busy" (doin' what??, looks like nothing has moved around there in years). Waited a few more days, gave a ring... "Hey man, ya happened to get them drums pulled?" ..... "ah, I'm not gonna sell 'em"....WTF!! Click Even if he did wanna sell something now, I ain't givin' a dollar to anybody that'll do folks that way.
    Save yer gas boys....IMO.

20. Not quite- Rich is in for the ride as well (post #14)!

21. aceuh

aceuh

I've never been there when they were open but I have stopped by a time or two... Like the rest of you guys I figured that he really doesn't want to sell anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this is a link to their "site" http://www.classiccarsrotting.com/

22. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

I agree with you on that he can't take any of it with him when he is gone. I have been stationed out here in CA for a year now, and the last time I went to Old Car City was about 2 years ago. I didn't take pictures then but the first time I went there in 2006 I did. My pictures are the same as yours of the cars in his yard, and that covered area, where that old Stude sedan is the same and he has all of those parts out there, alot of them are still in the original boxes and they have been sitting under there for 10 years or more. It's a cool place but it is almost as if all of it is sitting there wasting away.

23. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

I was up there a few years back with my sons, looking for a project. They had a cool '59 Ford Ranch Wagon with a six and a three on the tree. Price was steep!!!!! (5K). But it was running and driving. The red Plymouth sedan looks like the one we checked out. Had a later 318 Poly transplanted? And really bad paint? One I really liked was a '59 Galaxie 500 2 door hardtop needing a motor and trans. Car looked sharp, interior looked good - but way beyond my (lack of) skills. Also had a nice running and driving '58 Ford sedan. We almost bit on that one.

We didn't pay to go in and check it out. Probably because we were looking for a project. It was fun, though. (edited - we didn't go way back. Just toured the shop and the front area)

Didn't know it was there. We saw it while we were headed back to a WMA with fishing rods and a 22 for plinking. Saw a cool old forge way back in the WMA along a stocked trout stream.

I still think that '59 Galaxie 2 door was cool looking. Way beyond the size of my wallet and size of my garage.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  24. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Stay away!The old man is a dick and will not do what he says.Let him die off and then go to the auction to get reasonable prices