Register now to get rid of these ads!

air bag a 68 mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bills49merc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. bills49merc

bills49merc

I am looking into air ride for my 68 merc wagon has any body ever used airbagit.com they seem to have decent prices

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I recently did a '68 Mercury. Didn't use airbagit, but everything was pretty straight forward. Not exaclty HAMB friendly though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd call Mike (kustombuilder here on the HAMB) and get a nice Air Lift Digital Crafter pack. Good prices great service. Everything you'll need.

3. Old Gold

Old Gold

We'redoing a 67 Fairlane at our shop right now. Ordered everything from them. Great prices.

4. badsco

badsco

I would go higher quality parts personally. I have bagged a number of rides, and have used the Canadian distributor of airbagit in the past, but there are a lot better quality parts out there for sure.
    I got a few DOA bags that split on first air-up, and was SOL dealing with them on it.
    I like the Slam specialties bags and Viair compressors and have had 0 issues with any of the installs using them. I use suicidedoors.com for all my air ride now. They carry only high end parts and the prices are comparable I find, though there are a number of online distributors that carry these brands

You really do get what you pay for here. As a graduated mini-trucker, honestly, in that community everyone stays away from airbagit and its derivatives - look thru the S10forum.com - 99% of mini trucks are bagged, they know what works and what doesnt

5. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

same way i was thinkin got nothin but junk from aim ,airbagit ,ect there all the same company lots of names because of bad rep for selling junk

6. coigna

coigna

x3 to the above...

...based on personal experience, and lots of forum readings....

avoid AIM/airbagit/chassistech/etc. (lots of infestations of that co.)

suicidedoors.com has good quality stuff, Air Ride Technologies, FBI, and AVS too. Prolly more out there, but these are my favs. Everyone has their own taste in air stuff, but just don't get the cheap junk AIM sells.

7. coigna

coigna

same thing in fullsizechevy.com

8. lowmater_tn

lowmater_tn

rat rodder bagged here (mini trucker at heart still lol)
    hit up my best friend great prices and fast shipping....www.streetnshow.com...

9. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM AIM/CHASSIS TECH AIR BAG PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS A REASON THE PARTS ARE CHEAP!!!!!!!!

Sorry for screaming..... its just that I have been doing air ride for over 15 years, and I can safely say they sell junk air ride parts.

10. spragg

spragg

I just got the parts to bag my caddy from suicidedoors.com. Have ordered from them in the past and will order from them again.