Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question for The Air Ride expert guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GEORGIADAWG, Sep 11, 2009.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is an intro board on the HAMB for the simple courtesy of introducing yourself to people instead of just barging in. Imagine you are with your friends at a party, in the garage, or just in a conversation and some stranger that nobody knows about comes in and just decides to join the conversation. Not so great huh? The HAMB isn't the only place that has an intro board either so its not like some sort of unique requirement.

It's your opportunity to show some respect and let people get to know you and have a good first impression.

This place has gotten so big it's almost corporate and so people just diddy-bop in here and treat it like a public toilet. Back in the HAMB 1.0 days, you'd get flamed for just coming in and adding your unsolicited $.02, hijacking a thread, or O/T bullshit.

The result was either you realized that it was you that stepped in it and you just sucked it up, or you cried about having your precious mangina torn and you went away and sulked over at the RRT or OSR about what a bunch of assholes those guys at the HAMB are.

I am an Alliance Member because I care about the HAMB and I put my money where my mouth is to keep it going, not some FNG barging in and treating it like I have some sort of entitlement to it.

Show some respect for this place or get out.

(If what I have said pisses you off, then good, it probably applies in part or in entirety to you, and you know it.)

2. flynstone

flynstone

hard to describe i know, but i think if you have done this set up you know what im asking

3. GEORGIADAWG

GEORGIADAWG

no your grammer is way off and it doesn't make sense in what you asked.

4. I'll take a stab here... the bags look odd when extended one way or the other from their "ride" height. At ride height it should be set for the correct bag angle/placement, etc, and when in the up/down positions it will look a little funny normally as the suspension does not allow the bags to travel in a normal arc for their ballooned shapes. Thats natural. Just make sure it is not so far out that it breaks a seal or creates a contact/bind in the suspension. Your ride height position is the important one. Check out ridetech's forums for some info about shock angles/placement for info.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. flynstone

flynstone

yep my grammar aint good same for my spellin...shoulda stayed in school like my mamma said............anyhow here is a pic,, just note that my drawin aint no better ps whats the red line under some of my words??

Attached Files:

6. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

Education in its broadest sense is any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character or physical ability of an individual. In its technical sense education is the process by which society deliberately transmits its accumulated knowledge, skills and values from one generation to another.

Thank You all for this. This thread is why you cant believe everything that you read.

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

What the hell are you talking about?

8. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

That is the definition education!!

Its why MOST people come on the HAMB...i thought.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's what you get for thinking. :eek: A bunch of wikipedia links in the definition of a word? Not quite. Maybe try and help the guy with his problem. I'm all for proper grammar and spelling. Posting random definitions, not so much.

One thing to look at is the the top and bottom of the bag should be parallel at ride height. The less they deviate from this the better. Is the drawing just at aired out and full? What do they look like at ride height?

10. flynstone

flynstone

well unfortunately ride height on this bomb due to clearance is full air..im going to make a spacer on the bottom of the bag so i can let some air out at ride height..so at ride height it should be parallel... thanks for the reply

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Try to keep them as close to parallel at all times. But it is more important at ride height for the spring to function best.

12. coigna

coigna

Hahahaha... MAN this is the funniest thread I've read on any forum in a while. Thanks HAMBers... keep it rollin!

I love running bags, and my .02 won't add more than the wisdom shed on here already (I agree re: having the right pressure, shocks, positioning, linkage etc.), or clear up any of the grammatical befuddlement. LoL

I love this place.

13. lowmater_tn

lowmater_tn

love my bags i ride sweetly and i dont have shocks or sway bar...bigger bag you can use the better ride quality at spring ratio...bag on bar rides better than anything bag on axle is rougher than most just depends on the time you put in the setup and such...if anyone needs any advice help tech etc...dont be affraid to hit me up ...

14. sawzall

sawzall

georgia dawg

I've never paid anyone else.. but have done jobs similar to what your asking..

in my area at this time i think a reputable shop would start an estimate around 5K for something like your truck..

depending on your wants you can easily invest 1-3K in parts..

the owner of this probably had about 1200 in parts..

up
    [​IMG]
    down

[​IMG]