Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Mobtown Greaseball right around the corner (9/19/09)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paulie9fingers, Jul 20, 2009.

1. onearmbandit

onearmbandit

I'll be driving down to Baltimore from Ct for the Mobtown GreaseBall to pinstripe cars.
    I'll be hitting up a few shops along the way, but I might have more time on the way back if you need striping.
    Let me know if you'd like to set up an appointment with me at the show or after... 973 670 5238 - cel
    There will be cars there I striped including Mike Szuba from Jalopyrama bitchin blue '32 coupe
    Thanks, Charlie - One Arm Bandit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 24 hours to go and the weather forecast is still lookin' good :D

3. Anyone from the Easten Shore is welcome to meet us @ Holly's on Kent Island at 0700.

4. I'll be there with the '46, lookin forward to it.

Dave

5. There is currently a huge watermain break on Dundalk ave that is flooding houses and streets for blocks. I'm not sure how close to the show location it is, trying to get a cross street.

Update:
    Anyone planning on going across the Key Bridge tomorrow may encounter problems, the break is near the Logan village shopping center, the Dunhaven rd area.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  6. All,

I'm watchin the TV and the water from the break has hit Sollers Point Road where the Greaseball is to be held. Many guys are going to the pre-party tonite, so stay tuned on what is decided for tomorrow.

Murph:cool:

7. Watching Balt. channels also. This is a massive water disaster just blocks from the site of the show tomorrow. Hope it has no effect on the show but I believe it will. For those of you outside the Balt. viewing area, check your cable channels and the internet news sites. This is an ugly, still developing situation that will have long term effects for a lot of people.

8. .... it's actually at the other end of Sollers Point Road, but if you cross the Key Bridge that would be the best route, you can still use other exits beyond that one or go through the Harbor Tunnel. That still doesn't mean that they will have power or water tomorrow, so we'll see but I think the show will go as planned.

9. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

10. The Moose Lodge just told me that they still have power and water and as far as they have been told, the show is still a go ! You may just have to adjust your route if you were planning on coming in that way because I'm sure Dundalk Ave at 695 will be closed tomorrow.

The Show is still on !!!!

11. SCR8PINHRD

SCR8PINHRD
    from delta pa

looks like the flood is about 12 blocks from the moose lodge.... hope things work out.

12. All,

Just got word at 7:59pm....THE SHOW IS STILL ON FOR TOMORROW.

Murph:cool:

13. chuckbob

chuckbob

I just now read a notice from our company's security group that the water main break has been contained. Also the Karb Kings site has posted that all systems are GO for tomorrows show.

14. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The pre party was pretty hip............met a bunch of HAMBers there...........hanging in the parking lot

15. I had to go to a viewing for a friends father and then take care of some car stuff, sorry I had to miss the pre-party. See yall in the morning :D

16. Back to the top for folks getting ready to head in that direction. Be safe, stay alert. I'm sure there will be a lot of police activity in the area as well as utility vehicles and just other distractions also.....Don.

17. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

Thought I was going to make it today but my plans changed this morning.Everyone have a great day...

Steve

18. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

Im waiting on the Mrs. to get all pretty.. then im heading up.. Hope to meet a bunch of you guys down there

19. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was a ball. We had our MARYLAND HAMBers tent setup. Chris Grimes did BBQ for everyone who stopped and said hello. Skatefink and his wife helped out all day. Got to meet a bunch of local HAMB guys. It was a neat show. I forgot my camera. Maybe someone will post some pics

20. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

DAMN!!!! What a day. Thanks to John & Judy for the shade and drinks and Chris....DAMN!!!.........one HELL of a job with the BBQ. It was great to see and meet so many people from the HAMB and one more time, thanks to Ryan for bringing us all together. What a freakin' day!

Oh yea, and a super big thanks to Gasser57 and several HAMBERs for getting us hooked up with "IZZY." Not the fanciest car there but she represented well.

21. scarylarry

scarylarry

Great location, perfect weather, good to see everyone.

22. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Larry...........I think you left something there???

23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry, you missed your chance to be a trophy whore.....one of the bigger ones :eek:

always nice to see you

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  24. 68moparmike

68moparmike
    from DELAWARE

it was a good turn out im beat i was the big guy with the top hat on

Attached Files:

25. 'Had a great time at the show today. Congrats to the Karb Kings for putting on a terrific event. It was a long day - 3 1/2+hrs each way, but the old '46 Ply coupe ran great down and back.

Dave
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '46 Plymouth Business Coupe - hopped up Dodge flat 6 power
    '39 Plymouth Business Coupe - same set up

26. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

It was a Great show! Thank you Karb Kings for another great one! Good to see Actiongirl again!

I was the fat guy(with the 54 chebby) hanging with the big guy with the top hat on!:D

27. Pat D

Pat D
    from Joppa, MD

Pics? I got a few ...sorry I didn't check in here before going or I'd have looked you guys up. Nobody bought our truck, I tried the hard sell, musta priced it too low. Got a lot of pics taken of it, though ...
    [​IMG]
    The rest are just a sample of the scene that suited my fancy. Sweet show, enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait til next year.

28. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Thanks Pat...alota cool stuff..

29. We had a blast, it was really nice meeting a bunch of the names on here (that's my '62 Galaxie in the background of the 5th Picture :D), it was a very long day.

30. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

Good seeing you friday and saturday john. Sorry I didn't make it to the tent to meet everyone else. I was a little pre-occupied nursing a hangover and trying to figure out how to get on stage to propose to my girlfriend.

Attached Files: