Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you seen my old custom '49 Ford coupe???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Sep 16, 2009.

1. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

Thanks for the new pics Monster. These rule! I'm going to keep my eyes out and spread the word. Lets all pitch in and try to help my Dad find his dream wheels again!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i keep coming back to this post,,,i just love the car,,,,
    you guys should build another one, , ,
    it would be a really cool father/son project,,,,
    the car just kicks major ass,,,,,,

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

That car rules, I hope it's still out there and I hope it surfaces again.

4. roddinron

roddinron

Love those pictures, sure hope you find it. Also love the big smile on the lady's face, your grandma?

5. The_Monster

The_Monster

Not my grandma, my MOM! Shes smiling cause she just married a car nut!!! :D

6. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

BadAss shoebox!!! Hope you guys find it, awesome pics!

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I think this is it.

Its up north at a shop called Badridge Custom Creations. He might be willing to sell it, as the shop isnt doing so well.

Attached Files:

• car.JPG
      car.JPG
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
    • car2.JPG
      car2.JPG
      File size:
      46 KB
      Views:
  8. Rikster

Rikster

Nope... this one is sectioned. and has the doors still all the way down to the rockers.
    Also trunk is quite different.

9. The_Monster

The_Monster

well.. hummmmm
    damn close!!

course the bobbed doors arent right, but then I "guess" they could of cut off the lower half that was welded to the body and replaced it with an original wing window door. The radiused wheel wells and trunk look pretty damn close, but Im not sure the trunk hinged like that. Again, I guess that could of been changed. hummmm

Is it channeled 4"? I guess they could of sectioned it later too, as Rikster pointed out. Do you have any more pictures of it???

Thanks alot! This is the closest yet! Hard to tell for sure. If its NOT the car, its almost scary how close these two unusual customs are to each other!!!

More pictures would be very helpful. Could I ask you to take some more, in and out, that is... if youre close and its not an inconvienance to you.

Thanks for posting!!!

Hell, if we couldnt find the original, and this one isnt it, this one might be a good start at getting it to the point my dad had it in originally and finish the build!

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Here are some more, as requested.

These are all i have. Sorry i cant be of some more help.

These are where i got the photos. He may be of more help

www.myspace.com/kevinroach

Attached Files:

11. The_Monster

The_Monster

Well, I just sent the guy a message on his myspace, we'll see if he gets back to me. Thanks for the lead! Ill follow any lead I get!

12. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

WOW, that is a very simular car, no doubt. I wouldnt expect dads car to remain in a time capsule for the last 34 years. I'm sure that who ever got their hands on it tried to do some kustom work of their own. Possibly changing some of the features of the car.

The good news is that our Dad did such a radical job IE, channel, cutting the fire wall, bobbing the doors, pushing the motor back, repositing the insturments...that these kinds of things will be great markers in helping identify it. Even if most of thoes original things were reworked or altered there should be at least a few hints that the car is his.

I hope the guy from that shop will allow you to look the car over so you can see it with your own eyes. It would be great to get it back after all of these years.

13. williebill

williebill

I keep coming back to this one,too..Printed all the pics last night,and thought about the original building of this car.Love the overall shape.
    When I was building models back in the 60s,I radiused almost most of the wheelwells,and lowered the shit out of everything.Somewhere in the attic is an AMT 49 Ford that kinda looks like those side views

14. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Not so sure that would be a good (safe) idea.

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

fully how many old custom shoeboxes are still out there. Given the coast you are on, there is a high probability that car could still exist. If it sat out here in the midwest, north, or east...it would probably have rusted into nothing by now.

16. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

very good looking car, hope you find it.

17. roddinron

roddinron

Sorry, I thought she was too young to be your grandma, but the picture's fuzzy, and your dad seemed too young to be married in those pics. Does she still smile like that?

18. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Dam! I love the tough look of that car! The stance, wheels, tires and radius wheel wells make it remind me of an old stock car! Hope you find that thing in tact!

19. The_Monster

The_Monster

My mom not only smiles like that to this very day, shes the most cheerful, bubbley person youd ever hope to meet. :D My dad and mom got into brittish bikes and riding all the time when they first were married. My mom loves cars and bikes and going to shows. Shes been to EVERY Portland swapmeet since I was 5. My brother and I have attended for 30 straight years! Its been a family of car, bicycle, motorcycle and model car building memories, and lots and lots of great times! :):)

20. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

Okay boy, here are a couple things.

First off, you really should be cautious as to who you say isn't doing well when you aren't around in the least bit to see how we're doing. But nice try.

Second, you really shouldn't give people false hope about finding something like this as the car in our shop is not even close to the car in the pictures apart from the fact that it's a ford coupe with radiused wheel wells. Please note the difference between channeling and sectioning. And apparently you either completely forgot or weren't listening when I gave you A COMPLETE HISTORY on our ford and who owned it and worked on it... unless his father is Dick Page then we might be onto something.

Third, I want my fucking nailhead back. How bout getting back with me on that? Thanks.

I am sorry The Monster, but the ford I'm working on and the Ford you're looking for are not the same but best of luck and I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  21. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

22. the b.c.b.

the b.c.b.

That's funny because that is the story I told EVERYONE because that's where it came from. Ken Engle owned the car, Dick Page did a lot of the work, then it went to Grimm, and now it's at our shop. End of story.

Sorry, not trying to thread jack.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  23. The_Monster

The_Monster

bttt for saturday :)

24. madwrencher

madwrencher
    from ohio

I was at the store the other day and in street rodder (i think) they was a simular car featured not saying it was that car but simular I didn't read the the mag I was just flipping through.

25. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

Good Luck with Finding your Dad's old car. I understand where you are comming from. I would love to find my Dad's old car also...

It was an original 63 1/2 Factory Lightweight with 427.
    [​IMG]

26. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Man, ain't I in the dark? I can't see any pics at all, just some ads saying "Bandwidth exceeded, Upgrade to Photobucket Pro" so I try to click on the ads to no avail...Any ideas what I need to do???
    After reading this entire thread, I just GOTTA see it!!!

27. thark

thark
    from Oklahoma

28. The_Monster

The_Monster

thanks a lot!

29. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I found my 53 ford convertible custom through the HAMB after 30 years, so it does happen! Good luck on your search, that is one cool coupe!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  30. lil' Dean Jeffries

lil' Dean Jeffries

monster any time you want to come up to my shop and see this car you can but this is not your dad's car . my dad work on this car at dick pages when he was a kid .

user63810_pic67883_1239859995_thumb.jpg