Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are you bringing to the drags???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Aug 28, 2009.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I hope you do cause your car is bad ass and fun to watch.

I know ya'll run 1/8 at Ardmore and a few other places. Maybe some exhibition 1/8 mile passes at Little River?

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

from what I understand, they got rid of the curved shut down.

3. 4speedman

4speedman

that would be a very good thing, wild ride a left banking turn for a shutdown area...otherwise I liked coming down there, lotsa good folks and always a good time

4. 4speedman

4speedman

and thanks for the compliment Buzzard.

5. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

I forgive you. Just getting the truck back together after tearing everything up at the THAW. That was too much fun. I'll let you see what the tail lights look like this time. See you at the drags.

6. I dont have anything to run yet, hopefully someday. Until thenl, I will be there with a beer and smile cheering on the locals.

7. Rusty

Rusty

Looks like ther are still a few out there that dont have there priorities in line

Support the local events that will support you, DOTD drags is a yearly event that you just cant miss, good poeple, good times, and good racing

Rusty

8. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Let's do a test and tune before. You guys going to Hill Country 100 ? Tail lights, what you want me to spot you a couple of lenghts?

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

they have been running 200+ m.p.h. cars out there this summer. I haven't heard any of the usual "that scared the hell outta me" banter from the go fast guys.

this should be really good for the locals. I miss going to the river and getting a real good case of sunburn and mud butt.

I don't know about the pit side bleachers. rumor has it they are gone, and they are building a new set on the spec side. seems Hutch didn't like having the spectators so close to the cars, as accidents can and will happen in the pits. (which I agree with. nothing like coming back to Your pit and finding someone has set up a barbecue pit right next to 20+ gallons of c-18.)

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I wont be running but I will be there in the 52 with some cold beer and a grill and (and a tent just in case) stop by and say Hello. Im looking forward too some kick ass racing and good people sounds like great times!!

11. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Big maybe, but I could be rolling in the newest member of the family... Brutus!

[​IMG]

12. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

[​IMG]

one of theese, except with wheels and a motor

13. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

I will be there. Probably drivin' bessie, my ol' blue 51. Can't wait, this will be my first time at day of the drags. I was supposed to go last year, but my ol' lady had other last minute plans for me! Come hell or high water i'm gonna be there this year.. Hey javier look me up, i'll jump in on some $1.00 bets.

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

I bet it runs 11's.When did you repaint it ???

15. Anglia Racer

Anglia Racer

Looks like the guys from G&M Motorsports will be bringing at least 2 cars. We will definately bring the 1948 Anglia (the quarter pounder)even if it's not completely painted. Also bringing the chop top 1928 Ford coupe (prehistoric mouse). Can't wait to finally "get down" on the Anglia. No short passws this year! First showing for the coupe. Hope to see ya all there !

16. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

I think it needs an alignment

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

Got any picts of the anglia or coupe ?

18. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

yeh that things all over the place. i need to get the smell out of it though.

19. moter

moter

That thing is HUGE!!! Wonder how many mexicans you could get across the border in that? :D:D

20. The Shocker

The Shocker

It looks like a handfull to say the least.Almost brings a tear to your eye running it out the back...

21. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

ill be posting some pics tomorrow of the 57. pops is going to bring it over and im gonna do some welding. and maby even a quick vid.

22. pacemaker

pacemaker

It's actually bringing me. Z Stock ?

Attached Files:

23. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pops 57 we just got on the road. still got alot of thrashing to do. 406 sbc edelbrock rpm heads strip dominator and s&s performance carbs 850 crane solid cam 4000 converter and 355 posi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this hot peice of tail....

[​IMG]

24. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man ,that 57 is a real sleeper .Other than maybe catching a glimse of the ladder bars ,it would be hard to tell from a glance that is fast.I cant wait to see it run ...

25. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

you cant even realy see them unless you kneel down. hopefully we can get the front suspension knocked out this week. dad is 64 but he works on that thing all day and i do what i can ive been working nights for almost 120 days straight now.

26. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

27. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

28. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

29. Wesley

Wesley

I probably wont make it this year. I am in the process of buying a farm and selling my house in town. I am about used up. No time to get the car ready, much less get out and play.

30. senior fried

senior fried

Might bring the 55...

Attached Files: