Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPDATE**6th Annual Leonard Stockers Rod and Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pushrod_mike, Sep 14, 2009.

1. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

OK we are doing this again this year on OCT 10th and I hope we have some fun. We are moving it into October because it seems September is too crowded. Come out and hang out on the historic Leonard Texas square. You can even park up on the square on the grass under the shad trees or park on the brick street. Go to the drug store and get a malt from the soda jerk. Dusty Harmeir will have his shop open all day and you can check out what he's up to on several builds. Pushrod and Transylvania Holehot will play some music as well as Fakie. Pinstripers will be out and about. We are hoping to get some pinup girls out here. Lots of food around. The host hotel is Five Rivers Motel in Leonard. (903)587-5555. Rack off competition is always fun and trophies for you trophy whores. Host club is the Leonard Stockers who have been in going since the 50's. My dad has been involved in it since the inception of the club. Hope you will all come out and hang out.
    If you don't know were Leonard is its north of Dallas about 50 miles between Greenville and Sherman on Highway 69.
    If you want a spot for your club just let me know and we'll block it off. This is a very low key event and we don' t bother with registration fee and stuff just donations. If you want to pre register just PM me and and I'll add you to the list.

One the night of the 9th we will have a cruise and party. We will start at the Leonard Sonic at 8pm and cruise through the hills and end at the Leonard square. We will then proceed to throwdown at Dusty Rods shop with Pushrod playing until we get too tired or the cops come. (they won't mess with us really) Come on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. scrape

scrape

looking forward to it......

pecker head likes this.
  3. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Hell yeah!

pecker head likes this.
  4. Rusty

Rusty

sweet, thanks for moving it! always like visiting d-town lenoard

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

sounds cool If im not at work I will come check it out.

pecker head likes this.
  6. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

man that flyer sure is awesome. i might be there if im not in china.

7. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Never made up to your show but would like to.

I'll check the schedule.

Bart

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

This is always a really bad ass low key show that is a whole butt load of fun. Leonard is a small town but is perfect for just hanging and enjoying time with friends and others with similar interest. Dusty Rods has a cool place and its all within walking distance...can't wait.

Count us in for a club pic troff

9. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

I hope I'm not in china also.

10. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

there is a good chance we both could be in china.

11. bigken

bigken

I ain't goin' to F-in' china, I'll be in Leonard...........it's an awesome show folks. I always take a magnet to disqualify the plastic cars........hehehehehe
    And ya wonder why the Vette's never win anything?

12. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Holy crap we have just had an idea and an update. We are going to have a cruise on Friday night October 9th in conjunction with our show. It will leave from the Sonic in Leonard at 8pm. We will gather up there starting at 7pm. We will cruise some really cool backroads through the hills (paved). We will end up on the Leonard square and cruise there for a little bit and then park. We will then mosey over to Dusty Rods which is on the square and have a throwdown party with Pushrod playing until midnight or until the cops come. (they won't give us any trouble) BYOB or BYO whatever you want to drink. OK its not exactly the A.S.S. party but its more like the really white trash version of that party. If you want to come and need a place to stay due to adult beverage consumption the Five Rivers (903)587-5555 is just down the road and we will have people to shuttle you there to keep the law from getting your hot rod.

Come on now get over here and lets do this. Jimbo will not be in China but he will be performing nude...........

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  13. Big Tony

Big Tony

Who the hell is PUSHROD...i bet they play music that the fart tube cars dig....I might need to grab a luxary motel room in the big city of Leonard..save the 1 1/2 drive home. Can't wait

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  14. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

See the new dates. We as usual didn't do a thorough job and scheduled our show at the same time as the KKOA. We got it fixed now for the 9th and 10th of October. Come on,........

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

That's kewl...now i can do this and support 29 Jay on his scout show on the 24th...

16. scrape

scrape

"OK its not exactly the A.S.S. party but its more like the really white trash version of that party. "
    yea,,, i heard JJ is gonna be there..... lol...jk...

17. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

No we have no celebrities lined up......the only people who have been on TV in Leonard were on the Jerry Springer show......and thats a long story.......

18. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

im calling it right now.

this WILL BE the best crusie night of all time, maybe even all of october 2009. here is what you have to look foward to if you dont believe me. enjoy.

1. pushrod playing music in a shop. why is this important? because you can work on your hotrod during the show and listen to some tunes for free.

2. we will have a tool orchestra set up to accommodate us as we play. this will be a 12 piece section, equiped with an actual engine as a musical instrument.

3. you will get to hang out in leonard, tx. this will literally blow your mind. i have actually seen "out of towners" come here and watched as thier heads exploded due to the awesomeness.

4. we have TWO dollar stores that are accessible during the cruise. family dollar, and dollar general (which i perfer for thier wonderful selection of cologne)

5. we are friends with the cops so we may be able to crusie a cop car. (im working on this at the moment, and if we get it, we are chopping it period)

6. for crying out loud people we have a hotel called "5 Rivers" the closest river is 25 miles north of us...you do the math. needless to say you wont need a boat to cruise over to it after your night of drunken debauchery.

7. i will play nude.

basically, if you dont make this show you will miss a historic night not only in hotrod history, but in world history. the very exsistance of the hotroding depends on this one night, the stars are alligned my friends, the prophets wrote of this event, nostradamus even mentioned pushrod, stockers, leonard and hotrod in one of his writings. its is here friends, the time is now. THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE UNBELIEVERS!!!!!!!!!

your son,
    jimbo

rat rod

visit leonards website for more details at-
    http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Leonard-Texas.html

19. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

get up there

20. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Dang! I actually will be in China or somewhere there about -

21. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Transylvania Holeshot is a go!

22. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

I miss Jimbo! boo hoo :(

23. scrape

scrape

dude,,,,, bimbo got banned!!!!!!!!!! (cause of the donk post) THAT AINT RIGHT!!!!!!!

24. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Leonard texas is calling

25. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

26. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Hello this is Daddy-O and I will be there.Please don't let that keep you from attending though!

27. Big Tony

Big Tony

Wonder if i can blow up the six banger during the cacklefest leonard style. Is the naked drummer gonna be there...i heard he is famous now :~))

28. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Looks like great weather Saturday

29. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

30. Big Tony

Big Tony

Funeral for a friends mom on the bike in the morning, honey do's on Thursday and PUSHROD party Friday night...show on Sat-day....CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!