Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not Real Cool, but still Real OLD.. What is it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

It's a rat rod! Quick! Somebody offer them a million dollars for it before somebody paints it! You just can't find original rust like that anymore.

2. Those pictures were taken in the Netherlands. The first one says "Small Brockway bus, from line number 2, starting in year 1930...archive of Haarlem".

Neat old pre-WWII pics there!

3. Lots of 4x2 Ramchargers around, as there are Blazers and Broncos of the same era.

4. Looks to be a 318 Poly, , but what a heap! However the pic's posted by Pipes the pre- war Brockway Bus' are cool/interesting

5. yep. painted one in '99. Sucker was a wee bit quick too...

6. I'm surprised no one's accused it of being an early Boyd build. If anything it's something to show kids when you say "Don't do drugs" ...

They had 2WD Ramchargers, I had one for a while myself. It got worse milage than a full size Chevy Suburban even though it weighed like 1000 lbs less, so I got rid of it.

7. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I think this was the concept car for Monster Garage

8. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

The parts donor ramcharger is right next to it! i'm smelling a package deal!! and alot of rodent urine.....

9. looks a lot like one of these,, it was called a Fageol, no kidding

Attached Files:

10. Great pics, nice find!
    Thanks 4 Sharing 'Em,

11. Thats the kinda car you see at a car show with a bucket hangin off the back and plastic rats and spiders all over it, with a bunch of other shit hangin off of it. Probably best left there to die.

12. I gotta agree, this is the end of the line for this heap!

13. I think it looks most like the one in the lower corner, the '29
    I think if you could get it for very little, I would pull the cab, fenders, lights and other related parts off the mess under and behind the cab and take it home. you might be surprised what it could become.
    The biggest problem with the craprods isn't the parts, it's the execution. their goal is for it to look like a POS, and they accomplish this very well,
    something like this could be an interesting project not like all the belly button rods out there. I think most of the people on this tread that are jumping on the RR jokes are just wanting to be one of the crowd, cause sometimes that is more fun than being an individual.
    Or you Could get it out and flip it to one of the RR guys if it really is that bad and make some profit. but hey it's your call, to far away for me to be interested. just my opinion. last for me here...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  14. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

I'm trying to stay positive here. If you take it home I gotta know more about it...

15. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

It was a drier sheet delivery truck...........DUH!

16. hemi

hemi

I think it's a 70's Tweakerbuilt.

17. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Too true.:D

18. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

It might be a promotional/boutique delivery/courtesy vehicle, one of those things designed to look "antique" to the untrained eye, though based on a then-modern chassis. The radiator position suggests it: too far forwards; though a lot of early commercials had radiators well ahead of the axle, which gave them a pig-like look (only a different kind of pig-like look ...)

19. So it's a pig rod, then? I hope that doesn't become a trend.

20. jloktalgst

jloktalgst

Crossley had a truck model called a Beta that had the extra glass around the windshield, and Bickle did too, (they were really known for fire trucks). Lots of coach builders doing strange stuff back then. Anyway the scariest thing about this truck is someone was driving it after 1966, and 40+ years just does not seem long enough for this thing to have been retired, whatever it was!

21. llonning

llonning

About 20-25 years ago, my brother brought home a 40's Power Wagon that had something similar done to it. The story was that it was special built for use in Africa. Don't know if it was true, but, it was built very similar to this one. Apparently they took the doors off of the cab, extended the cab width and went from there. Darned thing had a complete camper set-up on the rear. Also has a huge PTO winch on the front.

Ugly looking thing, but functioned very well.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  22. I never met a Power Wagon I didn't like. :cool:

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The dropaway headliner is a nice safety feature.

24. The giveaway on the head liner was the dome light!

25. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The cab is likely 25-27 TT Ford Closed cab by the steel constructed doors and outside door handles, can't tell if the windows are pull-up or windup. The cab as everyone has noted has been split apart and morphed into uglyville with the weird additional slant windows and funky camper top windshield.

Might have been a truck chassis of some kind with all that late model garbage glued to it but who can tell with the limited scope of the pictures...and who cares.

Let this one die a peaceful and well-deserved death and move on.

26. f100kid

f100kid
    from So-Cal

ther was a truck like that in the movie changeling. minus the weird thing over the bed. the weird window in the ront gives it off. im still not shure what it is though. sorry

27. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i would call that a VICTIM !!! take what ever may be usable.and knock it in the head,before we see it at a car show......

28. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Whatever it is it's haunted. This thread came back. Again.

29. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

Hunnert car pile up here we come. This 'ill make 'em start givin' out trophies!

BOW DOWN TO THE ULIMATE RATROD

Attached Files:

30. rick goetz

rick goetz

I don't know what it is but try to imagine it with a 4 inch chop and a set of chrome reverse wheels with wide whites. Coooool