Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's hiding in the 5 block radius from your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAWS, Sep 12, 2009.

1. teddyp

teddyp

on my block there a 54 ford 2 dr a 64 chevy ss ,and a 55 linc hardtop around the block is a great old guy name herb simms he has afew great cars there a 1904 olds, a 1917 plamer singer, a 48 ford conv,56 t-bird, and a few more

2. Sorry - got to watch that font stuff...

3. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

5 country miles...It would boggle your minds. A buddy of mine visited from FLA just a few months ago. I took him for a 5 mile tour. His wife told me to take them back home before he lost his mind. I called him the other day and told him the garage I thought had cars in it ..just had parts. 1918-1960 parts.

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Six years ago my next door neighbor came over to tell me that he was broke. He was a doctor and lost his license in a prescription scandal. He said he had no choice but to empty the garage. In seven years, I never knew he had anything in his garage. Turns out it was just one car. A 1969 Shelby GT500 with a 428SCJ, four speed and drag pak. It was special ordered in Copper Metallic and had 42,000 miles on it. Perfect to look at but hadn't been driven since 1979 when he parked it. He wanted $40k for it. Seemed cheap to me but I didn't have it. I told my dad about it and he was going to look at it that weekend. On friday a trailer came by and was loading up the car when I got home from work. I knew I was too late.

"Wow" I said, "somebody came up with $40k pretty quick huh?".

"No" Jim replied. "He gave me $25K cash and said that if I ever got back on me feet I could buy it back from him".

Yeah, sure that would happen. How do you drop $15k in a week???? Jim killed himself the following year with a drug overdose. Complete shame all the way around.

Now, in my immediate neighborhood there was the 29 Model A that my neighbor just sold here on the HAMB. Another 30 Model A one block from me that I can't ever get info on. A 69 charger, a 70 nova, a 63 nova convertible, a 69 GT500 Fastback, a 48 chevy delivery, a 69 Camaro SS, a 67 Firebird convertible, a 65 corvair convertible that I just bought last week, a 69 Cuda sitting behind a barn that "isn't for sale ever" but continues to sit outside of a perfectly good barn.

There as also a really nice 57 cadillac two door sitting outside for a long time and then Kool1 came down to buy an olds from me and ended up scoring that Caddy for $700 on the way home. I was sick to my stomach for never asking but glad for him that he did.

Down the road there is that dream garage with a 57 chevy convertible, a 65 corvette, a 57 chevy fuelie, a 57 chevy nomad, a chopped and channeled 36 Ford five window with a fully dressed Edmunds Olds engine, a 67 camaro and a 69 camaro. NOBODY knows about them and with the exception of the two camaros, they haven't seen the light of day since 1969.
    I'm SUPPOSED to be buying the 36 but it's been four months now and it still hasn't happened yet. It's been a nightmare but I'm not giving up. We agreed on price and it's just a matter of dealing with the estate now. The other cars there were out of my price range by a LOT.

There is also another barn down the road that has three 61-64 Galaxie convertibles, a 53 plymouth convertible with a fully dressed Tattersfield flathead six, some old cadillacs, and a model t. It was all for sale but his prices were sky high for what they were. Shame. Funny thing was, he said he was going to crush them all if he didn't get his prices. I'm guessing that's an idle threat since that would make no sense at all given current scrap values.

I also just got wind of a 55 chevy drag car that is missing everything mechanical but still has a nice body and fiberglass front clip. I'm supposed to look at it Tuesday. Supposedly a real deal 60's drag car.

5. ...and then there's the guy just the other side of the hill with a nice restored 57 Olds Fiesta, copper with a white top. He's got another rough one parked in his front yard under a tarp. I almost forgot the old guy 2 blocks down the street with a real nice restored 36 Ford convert. He takes it out once in a while. Almost forgot the guy in the next block who is the original owner of a 55 Chevy 4 door sedan in Seafoam Green or Split Pea. Chevy folk know the color.

6. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Neptune green.

7. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Besides of my "stash" only real thing of any note is a 64-66 vette that the guy will not get rid of and will never....never do anything with.

"Nope... been offered 90k.!"

Ok, yea right... it's about a 10-12k. Oh well....

8. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

This is down the street...walking distance:

[​IMG]

And this is even closer:

[​IMG]

9. budhaboy

budhaboy

my next door neighbor has a pair of '57 Bel Airs -he's had them for about 29 years. Both are just rotting(one sits in his driveway, the other one the street in front of the house). Both are insured and tagged, never ever ever driven - the one in the driveway had no brakes to begin with(and still doesnt) and the one in the street, was driven ONCE. He just had a neighbors son do and estimate, and the resto was out of his price range. Told me he might sell and buy another in better shape(duh, if you had done something with these two years ago, they'd be in fine shape!) He'll prolly want too much money for them(I've been bugging him about them ever since I got my DL)

Family a block away has a '61 Corvette, '61 Impala SS, pair of 62 Impala Converts(one is original owner, showroom fresh, never restored), '57 Chevy Bel Air, '64 Chevelle SS, and a '69 Camaro RS.
    all of them are award winners. With the exception of the original Impala, and the Bel Air, all of them are painted arrest me red with white trim.

Fella up the road, last I checked had a '57 4 door Bel Air with the entire rear door/seat section cut out, and made into a short wheel based two seater- weirdest lookin thing ever, body work rather poorly done, sadly.

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I live in the hinterland in the tucson area.
    Man-o-man the junk around me.
    5 miles, you cant handle whats within 5 miles.
    I cant handle whats within 2 miles.

11. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

nothing amazing for me- i know of an 82 280z turbo and that is it. stupid boring suburbia.

12. two police car "owners" within half a mile that I know of, and I now even finished moving...
    Looks like a really secure area ;-)

13. 31fordV860

31fordV860

33 chev 3w

Attached Files:

14. von zipper

von zipper

This is down my block! cool guys garage! 72 Riv gs,62 gal convert,67 camaro race car, 63 split window coupe! I know they are under those covers plus a real cool garage!

Attached Files:

15. My neighbor peeked over the fence one day and asked me what the engine was in my T roadster. I told him it's a flathead out of a '50 Mercury. He says, That's gotta be the same engine that's in my '49 Ford. I asked where his '49 ford was, he says, in my garage, come and take a look. I go in his garage, and he lifts up a car cover, I'm looking at the cherriest fucking '50 Mercury coupe I have ever seen in my life. He told me his grand parents or some shit bought it new and it's been in that garage ever since. less than 20,000 original miles. He said it's only been out of there a few times. This car is completely buried in shit, you can't even walk around it, motorcycles leaning up against the sides. He's a younger guy and has no idea what he has, but he knows it's a family heirloom and he will never get rid of it. I try not to think about it too much.

16. This used to be !! But now it's mine !!! >>>>.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  17. dodge 70

dodge 70

i found this in front of my shop his son has a hot rod for sale also a austin healey

Attached Files:

18. markjenks

markjenks

Okay neighbor. Where ya hiding! I'm down Cty Rd Y.

19. Brahm

Brahm

nada zip, nilch. Used to be a guy down the street with a nice 50's pickup, and his son had an elky but they are gone. All that's left is some really shitty mid 90s mustangs, a crappy 93 firebird with a terrible sticker stripe job..a whole bunch of green trucks of various years with the last name of the owners in old English written across the rear window, on 20s that get washed way to often, and a bunch a ton of Subis. Now if this thread was about cool Snowmobiles hidden around your area.. there are a few of those stashed here and there.

20. Actually Frank, it's a great neighborhood, as is Most of Old Town Orange, which he is kind of on the fringe of. It's just the garage is an old thing that is not in very good shape. i never said he was neglecting or abusing the car, in fact he keeps the car covered and in very good shape, quite meticulous about it really. But the garage is still pretty bad.

Jealous, no not really. Love the car but certainly not jealous of it or him.

21. JF

JF
    from Utah

46 or 47 Chevy Cabover good body hasn't been moved in at least 8-10 years. 1/2 mile away.
    used to be a 51 F-7 truck but I parted out some stuff I need on it and resold it 1/3 mile away.
    a few other's but not sure? (I'm in the farm country being invaded by subdivisions)

22. roadwarrior32

roadwarrior32

This one is two blocks away. It never is out, except three years ago, when I took this picture.

Attached Files:

23. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

There is a particularly cute "crack hoe" in the project around the corner. If I didn't spend so much on parking, parts, and beer, I think I could bring her home.

24. I know one neighbor has a Model A tudor, streetroddy, in primer, once in a while the garage door is open. Another neighbor has a trophy-winning restored '66 Charger, he shows it at most of the shows I sell stuff at. The folks who had a Shoebox and a '54 Chrysler moved away. Used to see them out once in a while. But beyond that I don't look too hard. I figure I don't want them peeking at my stuff any more than they want me peeking at their crap.

25. Hey skwurl,
    My pile of old bikes is just a bunch of old, mostly '70's Jap bikes I've accumulated over the years. Not much to crow about, all outside under the carport waiting for their turn to be restored, chopped or parted out. I keep the good stuff locked up but I don't like other people poking around in my toy box anyway. I hope the guy got the message.

I don't remember ever meating you in person, we'll have to fix that some time. I sure didn't know I'd ever raced you but I'll take credit for the win if you say so:D.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I had a newspaper route in 1965 and every day I would throw a paper at this one house and the garage door was always down.
    One afternoon the garage door was open and an older women was inside along with this...

[​IMG]

She said it was her late husband's and, yes, she wanted to get rid of it.
    I asked how much and she said $15....

three years later...street legal and a daily driver

[​IMG]

27. I dont know where to begin,nest door is a 67GTO collector the two that are in his garage the beater is mint and the "show car" is concours - two doors down is a widow with her first of four husbands boardtrack racing harleys,two more down is a guy with a building full of chryslers-the best is aChrysler Town & Country wagon with matching Chris Craft boat -across the street is Norm who owns Norm's Antique Auto,

28. then farther down the road have a 36 ford pickup and a shortened 57 wagon that just got on the road Sunday

29. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

I've always wanted a cutlass like that, what's that "thing" on the trailer?:D

30. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Here are some by my house.

Attached Files: