Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Old Sh*t

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Deadbird

Deadbird

I seem to have a thing for old fans these days. Oh well, I think they're cool. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Deadbird

Deadbird

Some more stuff.

Always need a fire extinguisher around. Old surveyors tripod makes a nice plant stand. Barristers bookcases for the Rodders Journal collection, etc. Old book press for squishin' stuff. And an old South Bend lathe, just in case. There's an old ash tray waiting for paint (maybe next year's HAMB Drags auction). Oh yeah, there's another fan. I'm sick.

Attached Files:

3. jms

jms
    from Chicago IL

I found this package of fossilized weather strip in the basement of my house when we moved in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. I dunno, maybe I'm way off here, but I envision either a leather or older paper shade with a 1940's embossed/litho (maybe hand painted and embossed if a suitable one can't be found) "western/rodeo" motif...I used to have a little three legged folding leather seated stool that would go well with that lamp.

Wish I would've known this about six months ago...saw several GE desk fans sitting out by the curb...and a lot of parts with 'em. I've got ONE 1930s *judging from the font on the id plate* smallish shop fan that we've had since buying at a junk sale in Galveston back in 1975...needs a resto though, arkansas weather is hateful to old metal stuff :(

Most of the old $hit I have consists of brownie or other old box cameras, and vintage zebco fishing reels (other than the bicentennial 202), mostly old 33's and 606s, transparent fishing rods with real cork handles...I should probably keep them put up...just happened to have one out in the rain last night, dragged a couple of 8 lb blue cat and one 15 lb longnose gar with those delicate old pieces. Dad used to own "Bill's Super Baits," and traded for stuff a LOT...I probably have more old eagle claw hooks on cards than there were on the racks in that "liquor store" on American Grafitti when toad went in to get old harper. I still use them...the ones with deteriorated and moldy cards, the pristene ones are put up with the GOOD hand carved lures from all over the world. Oh yeah...old guns too, mostly stuff that most people would use for cowboy action shooting...I hunt with them though.

I don't really get into other stuff that's newer than the 1920's, Rockabilly is okay I reckon, and the "country" music folks let me sing on stage, but I like big band era and earlier stuff more than anything.

Guess I'm not alone in my psychological "need" to have old stuff around me :p good to know!

5. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

more stuff

Attached Files:

6. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

$217.00 straight out.

7. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Not too much really old stuff around here. if it doesn't work and couldn't be fixed it got tossed. One of the folks's favorite old relics is a tube type am radio that used to sit in the lobby of a nice hotel. I have a tube type 2m6m ham radio set that needs worked over. sold my old hammerlund with the vfo long time ago wished I hadn't.
    Have an antique Buddha incense pot, original model kit of Buck Bakers 73 transam unopened, and part of an Oakland Roadster Show trophy.
    BuckBaker.jpg
    I like this old sign, found it in a cluttery furnished apartment I rented that was full of junk from previous tenants.
    MrInside.jpg
    Oh yeah, My house is a Sears Kit bungalow built in 1914

8. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

I can't stop collecting stuff LOL flashlights,hammers,glass bottles...

Attached Files:

9. Bitchin55Merc

Bitchin55Merc
    from Dallas, GA

Seesko, Sweeeeeeetttt model collection. I could really have some fun with that!

10. Here's some sweet old matchebooks and an old painting of someone from the 60's with an unknown identity.

Attached Files:

11. Attached Files:

12. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

A lot of my stuff is old tools and such. Apparently, it's still packed from the move since I can't seem to find them tonight.
    My favorite's a Snap-On wrench that appears to be nothing more than two sockets welded on a stick. Until you realize the sockets aren't broached and Snap-On made it this way! I think it's from the '20s

Also got a thickness gauge that works from the late 1800s. Measures paper, hair, etc... thin stuff.

Lots of old meters and stuff too. I should set up a display around here.

Sure would like to stumble across an old gas pump from the 40's or 50's!

13. 1952henry

1952henry

[​IMG]

My small collection of vacuum top cylinder oilers. The Allstate, White and the smaller skinny one are NOS.

14. havi

havi

My family is about to be going through my grandparent's old house and all of their stuff. Talk about old sh1t, I think I'll be getting the Victrola and 660 ADF Ray Jefferson. Not to mention he has a garage full of antiques from his old flea market business. I had a metal desk I got rid of a couple years ago just like the one pictured earlier. Otherwise, my wife is not a fan of old shit, so I make up for it with rusty yard art, lol.

15. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

more junk

Attached Files:

16. agentwaldo

agentwaldo
    from Ventura

Money[and time] well spent ,congratulations on a beautiful piece.
    Waldo [​IMG]

17. solid

solid

that old station is cool...

18. solid

solid

My new deal is old pop, and beer signs. I think i need every damn sign i see. It's ridiculous...

19. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

You like old telephones? Here is an image of an old phone I still use. The ringer, of course, consists of a pair of real bells rung by a solenoid driven clapper. That's what I like about it most. Well, that and the fact that it is rotary dial and weighs about 6 or 7 pounds.

[​IMG]

Sorry about the crappy image quality. I don't have one of those new-fangled high-res digital cameras.

20. Sando

Sando
    from Burbank CA

Here is some stuff around my office...

The clock is a old school clock that I had striped and painted.
    The chair I had Downtown Willy upholster in red and silver zodiac.
    The phone I had striped at the mooneyes x-mas show.

Attached Files:

21. warpigg

warpigg
    from gypsy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and way too much of this crap:

[​IMG]

22. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Is there any New Sh*t worth lovin'?
    Paul

23. Heres some of my old shit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

There was an old guy in the neighborhood that had over a thousand dress patterns that were his departed wifes from the 40's through the 60's. I haven't seen him around in a while.

25. russ1403

russ1403

i love my "new" glock:) 6210_1130242030586_1663307343_302455_7302305_n.jpg

oh and beer,,old beer dosent taste that good:p

26. EPeters85

EPeters85
    from No.VA
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

My dad said that I have more crap from the 40s and 50s than he did when he grew up back then...
    Some old firecrackers and salutes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I sure do love flea markets

27. skyrodder

skyrodder

28. I like old Hawaiian shit

[​IMG]

29. airbrushguy

airbrushguy
    from NJ

Love this stuff. I have an old payphone, probably '40-'50 era. Worked well but now it just goes back to dial-tone when you get done dialing. Anyone know where I can get it fixed?
    Thanks

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm a sucker for bins, these are sweet Chris!

Wow, these are awesome! I've been looking at the re-pops, cheap by no means :eek: