Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Any other 1961 Fords out there??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, May 21, 2009.

1. E Burfield

E Burfield

phartman, sorry not real hip on the computer yet, haven't any idea how to post pic's. I'll have to work on that this weekend.

2. mongo4u2

mongo4u2
    from sparta

I got a black 2 door 47k unmolested 6 stick car, was going to put a fastback roof on but , going to do an old merc, so I just put it on ebay in parts cars today !

3. gritybyte

gritybyte

heres my 61 with a 352 and a 2 speed auto with a floor shifter

Attached Files:

4. devilleish

devilleish

A friend of mine has a '61 Starliner. It's not the nicest car out there (neither are mine) but it's badass and he drives the tits off of it.
    Dad had a '61 Falcon Tudor wagon when I was a little kid. Traded it for a year-old Datsun B210 in '79. He's been kicking himself since.

5. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

my baby is a '61 t-bird... i have changed the wheels & tires & waiting patiently for her to be lowered!!

Attached Files:

6. 61TBird

61TBird

Cut new coils when you lower it.
    I cut 1 1/4 coils off of mine to get it to sit "right" up front.
    [​IMG]

7. Verminator

Verminator

Saw the most BEAUTIFUL Starliner ever at Island Dragway, NJ last sunday. Black on black, 427, 4 speed, Ansen Slots and Kelly Super Chargers. Said he's had it 25 years and never takes it out. Had no camera in the pits...Damn

8. kustomkool

kustomkool

61 ford falcon. 170ci with swapmeet headers and 2.25 inch exhaust a 2 bbl carb from a 65 chevy and a 4 speed.

9. teddyp

teddyp

61 ford from north jerzey thank i always like

Attached Files:

550Coupe likes this.
  10. tbird61

tbird61
    from Norway

11. creeder

creeder
    from Pa

61 Falcon - 302, c4 trans and 8" rear. Lowered 3". Needs some more work but that can wait while I drive it.

Attached Files:

12. C,

Falcon looks great! Wanna wagon?

Murph:cool:

13. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

my old 61 comet and new 61 f100

Attached Files:

14. eddiescustoms

eddiescustoms

Bobby Alloway just built a beautiful 61 for George Poteet and as I understand is building a matching sunliner for him. We are building a 61 sunliner for my wife with a 4.6 mod motor ,we had a 61 starliner when we were dating.They are ugly but cool.

15. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

This post must stop -- I think 61 was the best year Ford had stylewise..... Rare gems --don't wanna give anyone else an idea they are cool

16. Decided to try an old time custom trick and paint the connecting bars on my grille black. It makes the bullets look like they are floating. Turned out pretty good. Easy way to add a little subtle custom touch to your '61. Get out those paint brushes and give it a whirl. :cool:

[​IMG]

17. Skip, love the car. What's under the hood?

18. Crap,

I started this thread and never put up photos of my 61.....DUH!

Murph:cool:

Attached Files:

19. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

<<< 1961 Falcon Wagon, rebuilt 260 V8 (from 64) gets around 20 mpg, will do better with the 5 speed, still currently running on the 3spd from 64. Originally a six car, but the engine was worthless when I got the car. The body, though, was in rather excellent shape, just a couple of spots I had to fix. Still looking to lower it some, and do some other custom touches and a two tone paint job I'm keeping under wraps until I've completed them. I was never a ford guy but dad said get a falcon because they're cheap. Now I'm a ford guy; I think he might be ashamed. Oh well!

20. It has a 351 2v and C6. It was basically a field car that I started on 2 days before the Billetproof drags. Not the fastest, but we had a ball! I've kinda fallen in love with it since.

Also looking for '61 front fenders/hood for another 61 that I have, if anyone has a set.

21. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

My friends kept telling me how Grandmas Ford Galaxie was sitting in the garage since the early 70's and they thought it was maybe a 63...They hadnt seen it in years and didnt recall...I kept bugging them to drag it out or at least go check it out to find out what exactly it was..I get a call to help them tow it to their house and this is what we pulled out of the 1 car garage in So. Cal....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very dirty but all original 26k orig. miles if I remember right 61 Starliner...
    The car now sits waiting for drivetrain as a family member pulled it because they thought they should rebuild it since it sat so long and the motor never got finished or picked up and disappeared years ago..its originally a 292 auto.

550Coupe likes this.
  22. teddyp

teddyp

just wonder if this is it

Attached Files:

23. krave

krave
    from Ca

here's mine but i finally got it painted and am planing on new wheels next week.I'll have to get some updated pics..

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      366.1 KB
      Views:
  24. Northern

Northern
    from Chico, CA

xcen > it[​IMG]
    Here's my '61 Ford P400

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

The first car i ever owned was a 61 Ranchero my grampa gave me when i was 15, it was a fun car! Ive always wanted a 61 Starliner there so hard to find and so expensive when you do find them hah

26. Squatch

Squatch

That would be badass with a cammer!!!!!

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

The connectin bars trick is neat, !
    But what i really like is the louvred hood, really sets your car apart! love it!

28. ocamocam

ocamocam

I got a 61 fairlane 500 with a 1957 lincoln in it ,check pics at OCAMOCAM ,also looking for good right headlamp door,side 1/4 and door stainless Cliff

29. ocamocam

ocamocam

I got a 61 fairlane with a 57 lincoln 368 with 2x4s,5 speed,20s etc..