Register now to get rid of these ads!

48HEMI'S 48 HEMI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48_HEMI, Oct 19, 2004.

1. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

thanks to Loudpedals tour photo's there is no stopping me now [​IMG]
    I have the motor set back as far and as low as possible.

Attached Files:

2. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

while the body is back on I'm going to tack together my combo dash/firewall [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

these front mounts might be overkill but I had some square tube laying near that car [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

about time to get this back on the road again [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

the old photo [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I've widened the doors 8 1/2 inches, moved the engine back 14 inches and am moving the seat back 10 inches.
    Things are real busy under the floor. I'm building a double firewall with swing pedals with hydraulic clutch.
    I still have the starter,steering,exhaust all trying to share the same space on the left. the Hemi oil filter makes the right side starter tougher.

Attached Files:

7. trey

trey

aint progress great? looks nice, keep us posted.

trey

8. Hi Jim. Hope your keeping that 331 warm & dry... 48 looks like it's moving forward...

9. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

glide you better stick to your cool custom furniture lol'
    It a 354 and its ready to fire as soon as I build the headers [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Looks just like it did FOUR YEARS AGO when I saw it! [​IMG]

Not true... you've got the motor in it now. Keep it up mate and keep us posted.

11. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

it been 4 years? another 4 years it will be in a container heading for an Australian vacation [​IMG]
    I didn't make it to the shop last night I'll post the updates tomorrow
    How the rambler? trying for my record for down time?

12. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Wideglide I just re-read your message, Sorry you can stay a hot rodder haha! you were interested in that 331 cad I have with 120,000 original miles. I have had more people try to buy that motor and trans.
    My machinist just offered to build my 270 dodge hemi in trade. I did sell the four barrel manifold and carb, knowing that I would need several more carbs if I ever get around to building that one [​IMG]

13. plmczy

plmczy

That looks nice sittin there. What kind of starter can you use with that adapter? stock chrysler? If so I think you might be able to use one from a newer dakota. They are just like the mini stater that Mopar Performance carries. I have one on my 383 and it works very well. You can change the starter without having to remove the headers and you don't get the dreaded heat soak that plagues mopars. later plmczy

14. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

that transmission is a clutchflite, that came out of an A/Altered Fiat that ran at the drags and Bonneville which is a modified 727 torqueflite, the size of the input shaft has been increased from 7/8 inch to 1 1/8 and is rated for 1500 HP (I'm no where near that) I know I answered a question that wasn't asked. [​IMG]
    the scatter shield has two starter pockets on it and the bottom one is a chevy unit that I'll probably end up using.
    main problem is exhaust, this car ran fenderwell headers for years,major steering restriction.
    I have two options that I can see. a tri Y with only two pipes thru the frame or individual pipes with the rear port going over the frame rail then to a collector.

Attached Files:

15. Rocket88

Rocket88

Looking good!
    I was just about to ask about the tranny.
    You don't see many clutchflites or turboclutches any more.

16. plmczy

plmczy

Cool, you don't see many of them being used. Good luck with it. later plmczy

17. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

the last time I had this car on the road I went from Oregon to the Jim Davis Memorial Drags at Sears Point then continued south to L.A. then Arizona,Nevada, Idaho,Washington then Back to Oregon and the trans starting leaking bad 10 miles from home. drove it to the shop and it hasn't run in 11 years [​IMG]
    The trans had got so hot with 2200 miles of highway on a loose convertor. there had been so much heat that we couldn't even reuse the case.
    I decided that I was going to put a 4 speed behind it when I found not one but two clutchflites and my mind was made up. If I could find a Hemi to Hydro adapter I would still use my Brand New Never Installed B&M Hydro-stick transmission [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

Have you tried Wilcap in CA for the adapter? and Hot Heads makes an oil filter adapter to relocate it wherever you want...

19. dehudso

dehudso

The hot heads oil filter block, works great for me. I will be paying attention to your header fabrication if you post it. I'm in the same boat, as I'd like to get rid of my stock manifolds and let this thing breathe someday.

20. Glad to see you're back on it again. But Brootal is right. Looks like it did 5 years ago....keep strokin Jim-bob.

21. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

made a template for the firewall tonight. I've got some idea's rolling around that big empty space between my ears [​IMG]

22. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Your going to have it ready for the roadster show in march right??. should i stop by with my whip to keep you going?? or just chains to keep you in the shop 24-7??.
    Bill

23. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Don't laugh I've got the entry form on my desk as we speak and it's right beside the Americacruise entry that I paid a 100 bucks for (Jacket included) in 1995 [​IMG]
    Hey it could happen!!! If they will give me an over sized space so I can leave it on the trailer with a big crown on top and gold chains hanging on the rear view mirror [​IMG]

24. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Hey, i'm not laughing, i just want to jab you in the ass to get you going. i'll stop by one of these day's and see how your doing, then give a HAMB report. then maybe others will jab you also. i may put the modified in it again next year, but i gotta flush all the salt out first.

25. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

first a little jabbing and now you're going to pour salt in the wound too! [​IMG] I haven't had time to work on the coupe for the last 2 days. I'll have new pictures monday.bring your work clothes when you stop by [​IMG]

26. [ QUOTE ]
    it been 4 years? another 4 years it will be in a container heading for an Australian vacation [​IMG]
    I didn't make it to the shop last night I'll post the updates tomorrow
    How the rambler? trying for my record for down time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... 3 years and 11 months, but who's counting! [​IMG]

Rambler? Yeah, slowly... waiting on a stainless bolt kit to come from the US. Just found a house with a garage too, so after 3 and a half years of apartments, we've finally got a place with some privacy and a double garage! WOOHOO!!! [​IMG]

Don't worry, when something happens, everyone will hear about it! [​IMG]

27. edsel

edsel

Awesome Jim, when I last saw your beast just a few weeks ago you sounded like it would spend at least 25 years waiting like my old high school ride, but since your on the move with her I'll start carring some grubbies to work with me and stop by to give you hand after work here and there!! I would love to see out and about terrorizing all our local YUPPIES!!! [​IMG]

28. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Brootal.
    How many days in an Australian year. I'm on my 5th year since I gave up the old barn and moved to this small shop. I have a two car garage attached to the house that I can't get a car into. with the pool Table and all.
    Glad to hear you finally have a space to work.

Edsel,
    My cell number is 503-519-3443 leave a message as I seldom answer it (People keep bothering me, trying to give me money to work on their cars [​IMG]) I'm home and working most evening unless I'm at a business meeting somewhere

Attached Files:

29. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[ QUOTE ]
    If I could find a Hemi to Hydro adapter I would still use my Brand New Never Installed B&M Hydro-stick transmission [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

impossible! impossible!

sell the trans to me instead. thats atleast Possible

[​IMG]

30. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

possible but not probable! It was given to me for a birthday present many years ago. I have several engines that it would fit behind. but I still seek the impossible [​IMG]

Attached Files: