Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is the best color for a Roadster??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAKERSFIELD, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1, That is about as good as it gets.

I'd have to say that outside of painting a car some color that just doesn't fit the all over theme of the car. most anything goes .

That blue on your car is absolutely timeless. while fad colors come and go it will never be out of style. Also it isn't a bellybutton color so chances are you won't be parked in a line of roasters the same color at a major rod trot.

We see cars all the time that were painted the hot lick color 2, 3 or 5 years ago that are tired looking and don't get noticed much because they are "last years's color". They often have disgruntled owners because the car isn't getting attention from the public or the judges at events like it did when it was fresh.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. McFly

McFly

Yeah! Are you sure you don't like purple? This changed my mind. But it all depends on the "look" your going for.

Attached Files:

3. Here's a couple of ideas.:D
    The Denim blue is pretty nice. Looks good with some tasty pinstripes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree, except Fords had black fenders through '33........Rick

5. McFly

McFly

You can't beat this look either. Perfection!

Someday this is what my 29 will wear. Paint & Interior.

Attached Files:

6. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

Cream, or an off white color with red and white interior. I have always loved that combo. You can even put on ghost flames. That would look so cool.:cool:

7. Jingles

Jingles

"Your favorite color" is the best color for a roadster.

8. Jingles

Jingles

Not all of the Fords had black fenders through 33. There were many different color combinations; we old guys know that.

9. 29 de soto

29 de soto

the best color is what you like!look how many different suggestions you have already gotten.if you are looking for acceptance from any one group,than do it that way....or do it your way and have the group dig it because you did it YOUR WAY..my 2 cents

10. Ok my votes black - BUT... I had a buddy with what he called a "Primer Pink 40 Ford no-wait with R/T Interior" This car was pretty cool. 40 Ford 4 door with Rip/Torn interior and yes primer pink, the car got a lota looks and was fun to cruz in - im just say'in...

11. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

I hear yeah! It's nice to have guys that are in to the stuff you are dig your stuff but at the same time I really don't care what people think. I just keep getting pulled back to the blue on the roadster I posted that I saw at the LA Roadster show, I loved it! If I do anything else I might regret it!

Thanks for the help guys any info is good info! I just want to do this paint job once!

12. Andalucite blue would be very close to the roadster you posted. Andalucite blue is a Ford stock color and potentially the roadster could of came off the assembly line with that color also. Andalucite blue is damn near black also, very dark blue. The oxblood interior color would definitely set it off.-Weeks

13. Midnight blue, Read blue/black, with a Dove gray int. Powder blue, gray and teal green stripes and your in there

14. My Fav....Dearborn Blue. :)eek: sorry about the dirt!)

Attached Files:

15. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Black, blue or Red but SHINY not flat.

16. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

metallic brown

17. That doesn't look any where near dark enough for Dearborn, which is darker than Washington.

18. banjorear

banjorear

If you go to a good paint shop, you'd be surpirsed how many of the Ford colors (or very close to original colors) have been reused throughout the years. Especially in the '80's & '90's.

Good news with this is that the paint is readily available and generally cheaper than buy it from a speciality house.

The guy by me has the original Ford chips with late model paint codes/numbers cross referenced.

19. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

another good source are the early Mercedes and VW colors

20. banjorear

banjorear

2nd that. Some great colors, plus if can get in in Glaserite paint you'll get some high quality stuff.

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

If it was a forever keeper I would paint it GMC Wheatland Yellow. But in the world of selling a roadster, BLACK has been the most successful color for me.

22. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

I know! I love the VW "Reed Green" from I think 1953, great color!

23. BAKERSFIELD

BAKERSFIELD

Here is the Reed Green. I have thought about this color for something.

[​IMG]

24. bscottstudio

bscottstudio
    from Kansas

How about blue that looks black? I kinda like red too.

Attached Files:

25. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I'm a big fan of orange......

26. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Personally, I have always liked plaid. You know, a nice McGregor pattern. Although, you cannot put the paint can in a shaker or stir it. And you have got to be extremely careful not to shake the paint gun as you spray. Those darn lines just don't stay straight.

27. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

oh really?
    [​IMG]

28. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I love this color on a roadster:
    [​IMG]