Register now to get rid of these ads!

motor mounts..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbdogs, Sep 14, 2009.

1. curbdogs

curbdogs

got a 62 galaxie 500 2dr hrdtp and im looking for engine adapters to put in a 327 with glide any suggestions ??
    thanks for the help..

2. Put on your hardhat so you won't get hit by rocks from all the Ford nuts.:D

3. Snake9t9

Snake9t9

You shouldn't need an adapter to bolt the powerglide up....? SBC motormounts are simple to make if thats what you are after. Why not put a ford in that thing?

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

A 302 or 351 will bolt in. There's no good reason to put a Chev in that thing, even if you have one setting around. Get a Ford, it'll be WAY less hassle. Please note that I could care less what you put in it, and I like SBC's, but that's a dumb swap.

5. slepe67

slepe67

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????????? blasphemy!!!!!!!!

please oh please don't do that!!!!!!!

6. lowelife

lowelife

I couldn't agree more. BTW I was checking out your ride Flynbrian at Kalamazoo this past weekend, very cool.

7. Drive Em

Drive Em

I believe that the oil pan to crossmember interference will keep you from doing this swap.

8. 73RR

73RR

Uh, that car requires a 428...IIRC there is a little known federal law against doing a swap as you suggest..federal witless protection etc...

9. Not to mention the Ford guy to Chevy engine interference.

But seriously, if those used a front sump oil pan on the original motor, you're going to have big problems with the Chevy.

10. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

Try and find a nice 390! they drop in nicely!

11. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Get hold of a 390,bore it to 406 and try to duplicate the 1962 406 Ford they were badass in Super Stock back in the day.Google 1962 Ford 406 and do some reading, there is tons of info on these cars,here is a pic to inspire you! The 327 has almost 140 less ft.lbs of torque than a FE Ford and with the weight of your '62 would be a real slug.

Attached Files:

12. let me guess: flat black, red steelies, and a barb wire/spider web grill

13. X426X

X426X
    from OhiO

I've installed big block Chrysler engines in '61 and '62 Galaxies.

The biggest problems would be the tubular crossmember and steering linkage interfering with the oil pan with a Chevy engine. Doubtful any kits exist for this swap. But, it would not be impossible! The crossmember and oil pan will require major modifications to allow the Chevy engine to be low enough to close the hood. If I HAD to use the stock Ford front clip and steering, I might run the center link thru a tube in the oil pan like the Pro Stock Mopars did, and fab a different crossmember. Engine and transmission mounts would have to fabricated also. A bunch of room under the hood though, and the steering box is not in the way.

Probably the simplest way would be to install a Camaro/Nova style front subframe! Then its all bolt together. And you can piss both the Ford and Chevy guys off! Go for it, dare ya...
    :cool: