Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seeking 235 chevy engine rebuild & repair manual info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Sep 15, 2009.

1. The_Monster

The_Monster

Im looking for two things, and Im amazed that Im having such a hard time finding either of them. Im just looking for someone that offers a full 235 engine rebuild kit. Im also looking for a 1953-54 chevy repair manual. Ive searched all the popular parts stores and book sites, but Ive came up with nothing.

I looked on ebay as well. Nothing but 55-57 chevys or corvette repair manuals.
    I looked on ebay for rebuild kits and found a few, but theres no list of whats included or where the parts are made and has a generic pic for parts that are for a V8!

I must be missing something. I thought these were fairly popular engines/cars. No?

If you have any links or advice pointing me in the direction of where I could get these, Id appreciate it.

2. Kopperhead

Kopperhead

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Go to a swapmeet and look for a motors manual and you will be covered,they usually cover a 10 year period for all the cars made.

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

5. The_Monster

The_Monster

Thanks a lot! Those were just what I had been searching for.
    Cheers!

6. Snarl

Snarl

Any website that has parts for a 53-54 car is going to have a new paper copy of a shop manual.

Patricks, Tom Langdon, Larrowe & Sons, Northern Automotive, Egge, Kanter and probably many more can get you any parts you need. You might have to pick up the phone instead of using the internet...

No point in ordering parts until you know if the engine needs to be bored or have the crank turned.