Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "Social Parasite" Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Black*EyE*Bandit, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Black*EyE*Bandit

Black*EyE*Bandit

With some extra time this labor day weekend I was able to finally get rolling on my project.<O:p</O:p
    Got the glass all pulled out hardware and other items all stripped from the cab. And finally conquered the mice hotel running rabid through the body.
    <O:p</O:p
    So I did a quick mock up while I was drinking in the garage on Saturday and this is what I came up with.

DSC_0097.jpg DSC_0105.jpg

Build Specs

Power plant: 300hp turbo 2.3L
    <O:pDrive Train:T-5 trans.<O:p
    Rear End: 8.8 tru trac w/ disc brake and 4 link
    Front End: Drop axle with suicide. (Digging allot for new idea's in this area.)<O:p</O:p
    Body: 39/40 dodge Channeled 4" (not painting the body!!)
    Steering: Something Cool. Looking at an Old sprint car setup!!<O:p
    <O:p
    Frame: Double Z 2" in front 15-20" in back (2"x4" tubing)

More to come later
    Tires are not staying on this. I need to track some down some cooler looking tires to help give me a better visual.<O:p</O:p
    Anyone know of a cheap place to buy "Pizza cutters"?

<O:p</O:p DSC_0099.jpg

Still playing with the "Rake" . I like it were its at but I need to stare at more!
    Plan is once I get the look of the truck right I can then start my frame.

DSC_0102.jpg DSC_0112.jpg

Thanks for the looking and feedback is always welcomed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. Black*EyE*Bandit

Black*EyE*Bandit

Tried out a different wheel base on this one. Went from 120+ down to about 112". Truck would look better after a chop with the stance it has now.

I'll run with this and see what demons come about from it!
    CSC_0100.jpg
    basephoto 2.jpg

The front axle center line is about as close to the engine as I fell comfortable with!
    CSC_0103.jpg

Going to draw up some plans off this setup for the frame dimensions this week and start a material list next. More to come later.
    CSC_0106.jpg

Thanks for looking~

4. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Great truck. I love it.

5. Black*EyE*Bandit

Black*EyE*Bandit

Not a huge update today but have a pic of the CAD layout of the first frame.

I just put some basic clearance dim on it. Once I "get it right" I will render a 3D model to help with the build.

Need to stop playing with drawings and get to the really fun stuff like bonding metal!!!

CAD layout 1.jpg

6. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

2.3 x 61 = 140.3 CID 300 HP / 140.3 = 2.1 HP per CI. WOW! Love that lil blue oval OHC but 300 HP WOW! Love the rest of the truck too, but having a Dodge Cab why not a slant 6?

7. Black*EyE*Bandit

Black*EyE*Bandit

I like the mix of old Vs new. I always had a thing for these little 2.3l. They make great power with just "junkyard parts" .
    The dodge body was in such great shape it was hard to pass up for the price. Always been a ford guy, but felt fot this project I wanted to use peices I had around to try and make something different.

I have not seen a truck like this with a turbo 2.3 so I thought it would be cool!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010