Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Econoline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FONZI, Sep 27, 2004.

1. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

my boss has one of those Chevy vans with a 327 in it. He use to drive it and tow his race car with it if I remember right. It is just sitting there rotting away now.

2. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Chevy had the greenbriar, GMC had the HandyVan.

You guys findin those panel Econo's suck. I'm talkin total inhale type suckage.

I gotta lead on a Dodge A-100 panel. Those are cool in their own way, they came with smallblock Mopars in em, and of course there's the Little Red Wagon....

3. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Here's another one. It belonged to a friend in Michigan. I believe it had a V6.

Mine was sky blue with aluminum slots. It was my work truck and daily driver. 170 cu in, 1 bbl, 3 spd. We called it the pig van 'cause it was so slow. Driving to the NC mountains once and was passed by bicycle riders going uphill. I need to dig up some pictures of the beast. If you ever had a front seat passenger that hadn't riden in one before you could scare the dog out of them. The view out of the windshield was very different from what most folks are used to.

4. Scooby got new shoes.
    Speedypete and I got it all ready for the road.Its been sitting for about 3 years,needed a few things.
    My son just loves this thing......Shiny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I just realized I really need one of those to get boxes to the P.O. Always fighting the humidity or rain when it is time to ship. If I have big stuff to go out and it's raining it has to wait.
    There is one setting across town with the back windows broke. The tennant said he thought it got parked because the water pump was out. I was going to get it to pilage the axle, steering and pedals, maybe I need to look at it a little more lovingly.

6. layinrocker

layinrocker

I own the yellow, gray, brown, rust, and "holey" 1965 Ford Econoline Van. I bought it dirt cheap, the body seemed trashed so i cut it up and layed it out on 17's and 20's. I know a nice set of steelies or chrome reverse wheels would have looked good, but i wanted to go crazy and hide the lugnuts on the rear. (you can see this van in the december issue of Street Trucks in the ITB show coverage) [​IMG],

7. Hey layinrocker...first...if you haven't already done so...please feel free to post an intro. 2nd...let's see some interior shots of the van. Did you have to modify the wheel well/seating? How low can you drive it and still turn the wheels? Just curious.

8. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

AAAAGGHHH! Quit showin the panel econo's, I'm jonesin for one now. Hell I'm thinkin of sellin the Byooik off to get one.....

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you have to modify the wheel well/seating? How low can you drive it and still turn the wheels? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessin' he drives it funny car style, from the middle!

10. repoguy

repoguy

Great post!

Those vans are killer.

Personally, I really dig the 60's Dodge sportsvans.

11. layinrocker

layinrocker

The van has had monstrous modifications made to the interior. The body has been dropped over the subframe eight total inches. The wheel wells in the front go well into the doors, the seats are still on top of the wheel wells... so head room is next to none. I am 6'0" tall and barely fit to drive on top of the wheel tubs (with no seat in place). With 17x8 boyd wheels up front you cannot turn when it is layed out. As long as you go straight you can roll it all the way down and it will grind the rockers off. When fully layed out you cannot see any of the lug nuts on the twenties out back. To do that I installed a custom 5 inch bridge and fa our link to tuck the 9" ford. The truck is far from done.... i will send some interior pics soon, van is tucked away in my barn right now because we aren't getting along.... i am tired of working on it and tryin to find parts. Here is a pic of the rear from gauge magazine takin at Indy Truck Bash [​IMG]

12. Spedley

Spedley

Theres 2 econolines at a dealership here in Moose Jaw. 1 pickup, slammed, sbc in the box, the other is a basket case van, no powertrain. Pretty sure they're for sale.

13. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think that van is sweet. Mr. Rocker, you need to do an intro on a separate post and put up plenty of pics of that thing. I happen to think the big wheels look good on there.

I know a kid that was over there at that same show in Indy. My buddy just subframed his S-10 blazer and bagged it for the kid. The kid drove around scraping the ground so much that he wore off the 1 inch skid plates. he told my buddy that his welds must have broke on the suspension because it was handling funny and it wouldn't drive over 30 mph without getting out of control. He looked underneath (which the dipshit kid never did) and the kid and wore completely through the lower knuckle of the 4 link so only the 2 uppers were holding it in. Dumb ass.

That said, I want to do a bagged dragger one of these days!

14. Jeem...I knew that wasn't an option...thats where the motor is. [​IMG] (unless it gets shuffled back).

15. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

16. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Econolines rock...