Register now to get rid of these ads!

Line Locks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SquigMachine, Sep 13, 2009.

1. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

What to use? there is about 10 kits to choose from with good info on them BUT i have heard from others to build them yourself?...i was thinking just plop the cash on a Hurst or B&M

Also where can i get a activation switch thats old school or something along those lines, man i hate that stupid little red button

2. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I have a Hurst and love it. go with the kit and you shouldn't have a prob.

3. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

I have a Jegs brand and its works great, as for a switch, anything you like should work.

Duke

4. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

use b/m or other shifter handle with button built in

Attached Files:

5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I use a Hurst on the 55 & the button is in the ash tray.

6. kevinc

kevinc
    from highland

my brother has a jegs one on his car, works pretty good. your not gonna get very many miles outta your tires though .

7. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

The Hurst is the best, highest-quality one out there. It's a little more costly than the others but it's money well spent. Have you ever been to the drags and seen a car fail to emerge from the soapbox after it's burnout and the track starter has to put a floor jack under the front of the car to jack it up and roll the car out of the way? That's because that car had a poor-quality line-lock that stuck shut and kept the front brakes locked up! Don't want that to ever be me!

8. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

hurst kit check....heard they can be rebuilt to if needed

i swear i have seen a lever type switch you turned from the top to the bottom on an ol' gasser somewhere just cant seem to find it again to see how/what he did would love something older but if i have to then a button it is

9. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Use a inertia switch wired in series with with any of the kits you choose , will prevent forgetting to release the button

10. 69fury

69fury

You thinking of the dune buggy hyd parking brake?

i've thought about these when i ponder my falcon gasser. I'm starting from scratch with brake pedal, master cyl, plumbing-so i can install anything that suits me.

http://www.mooreparts.com/store/category/17/267/Hydraulic-Park-Lock/

11. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

Something like that yea....would that work?

what i really had in mind though looked like the old electric chair switches but smaller and on the dash i believe

12. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Hurst works well and can be rebuilt. Good value for the money. Mine was good for 20+years being used in two different cars. Any momentary 12v switch can be used but the one on the stick itself is the best position for quickest reaction release.

13. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Mico brake Lever lock still available new http://www.mico.com/products/displaysubinfo.php?id=43

Attached Files:

14. granny

granny
    from WA state

Here's the switch on my street car...

[​IMG]

It's just a Radio Shack HD momentary contact switch mounted in a drilled-out NAPA skull knob.

granny

15. I had 2 tow trucks with micro locks one manual & one electric The manual never failed me The electric had to replace 2 solenoids B4 I went to manual

16. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

enjenjo has the idea....that thing is perfect but i see everyone's point in it being close at hand for quick on/off