Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wildwood N.J. Boardwalk Show Sept.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Koz

Koz

I'm posting again like I do every summer and I know the bitching will follow! On Sept. 24th to the 28th The Wildwood Fall show will again happen. In spite of opinions to the contrary we always have a killer good time at this show. Last year it had to be one of the highlights of the year.

Our club, (Aces & Eights, Pennsylvania), is taking about a dozen cars this year and as usuall we are staying at the American Safari on Ocean Avenue. HAMBers are welcome to drop by and say Hi or just join us on the boards.

I realize there is a large muscle car showing which seems to dampin' the fun for some people, however, these folks are into the same thing we are and some nice people to boot. ( They also give the cops somebody to chase so they leave us alone). Last year a Wildwood policeman actually kept an eye on our cars while we were in the dance. How's that for cool!

Plus it is the best time of year at the shore.

Maybe I'll see some of you there? Look us up.

2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Can't wait to hit the boards Larry!

3. synthsis

synthsis

Hey, this seems like the perfect place to post. I've got a thread started here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377294

Basically, my girl and I are getting married IN wildwood at the end of October and we're looking for a nice, shiny car to use to go from the ceremony to the reception. We're actually getting married in the Wildwood DooWop Museum, an homage to the 50's. The reception is about 10 minutes away at the Country Club. If you or someone you know have a car you're willing to let us use PLEASE pm me. We're going to have an afterparty at the Starlux Hotel and there's always room for car people, especially for someone who lets us use their car.

4. Koz

Koz

"Shiney" kind of leaves me out. Congrats on the nuptuals. I wish the best for both of you, I'm sure someone will step up here.

5. synthsis

synthsis

yea, I've got a nice and rusty AD truck but it's not exactly wedding day stuff, even though the misses loves the truck. I think we've come to terms that is no one offers a car the truck will due, since it is ours, so it's fitting. She just doesn't want to get her dress too dirty.

6. Koz

Koz

Sounds like something my wife would have said OK to!

7. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

I have been to the Wildwood, New Jersey show in the past, and I can vouch for just how fun and incredible of a gathering it truly is... I love Wildwood for its "period correct" 1950's-1960's era hotel and motel design/architecture... And when the hot rods his the boardwalk, the "old skool" feel all comes together in harmony... Lots of folks aren't aware of this show for reasons that I can't quite understand, but I assure you all, if you're able to make it to Wildwood, you'll have yourself a g*sh d*rn d*ndy time!!... Oh, and yes, the scenic shoreline and the beautiful Atlantic ocean add an extra heaping of enchantment to the whole thing... This show comes highly recommended by yours truly... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I would not waist my gas going there ..just my 2 cents..

9. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

muscle and billet abound, but if you live within a 2 hour drive it's a good day trip.

10. sewanhaka62

sewanhaka62

hi i stopped going about 5 years ago for the sole reason of the "rent a pigs "busting balls over the smallest things .. at that time there was talk of the show moving to a new location because of this - don't know if things changed - just be carefull and enjoy

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Can I just say that Wildwood and Cape May are amongst my favorite places on this earth??? I grew up going there for summer vacations so I would make the trip just for the food and vibe. The cars show would be a bonus.

12. Koz

Koz

About eight or ten years ago some asshole in a VW Jetta, (not in the show by the way), took it apon himself to do a one wheel tire fire and ran up over the curb an hit the front of Schellengers Restaurant while it was full of people. Anybody whose been there knows the streets and sidewalks are absolutly packed and you just can't do shit like this and expect the cops to look the other way. There was talk of sueing the city and council and the show promoters. In short, they came down on everybody.

Since then things have mellowed considerably and the cops for at least the last two or three years have been amazingly cool, especially toward the hot rod contingent. If somebody's doing something stupid it's usually one of the muscle car guys and they are busting them, and should be.

Dispite all the grumbling this is still one of the best times we have all year and anybody not going is missing out on some real good times. I'll post up some pics after and you can make up your own mind. Any HAMBers there, look us up, American Safari Hotel on Ocean Avenue, Aces & Eights Pennsylvania. By the way we are anything but a billet, poser or gold chainer club in any way.

13. Koz

Koz

Less than a week to go! We'll be "down the shore" on Thursday afternoon in time to register and get to the kickoff party. A reminder, if anybody else is coming down for the day or whatever, we're at the American Safari on Ocean Ave. Look us up.

Aces & Eights, Pennsylvania

14. synthsis

synthsis

If the weather is nice I'm gonna ride the scoot down.

15. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

A show in Childwood ,,hmm

16. Koz

Koz

Don't know about you but I can taste a tail and some sour creme and baked potato at the Lobster House in Cape May already. Oh yeah, some time at LaPiazza on New Jersey Ave. Joey M. singing some Sinatra and some hard cheese and oil. Need I say I rate car shows by the munch available. Maybe a little Cindi Raymond Band at the Oceanic Bar. Best party band at the shore! Stop by and we'll discuss the Lez- thng from last year.

17. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

18. Koz

Koz

If Wildwood sucks whats a good show to hit?

19. Koz

Koz

Just back from the shore and just wanted to let you guys know what a great time we had! To top it all, the club I'm in, Aces & Eights won the Club award. A cool plaque for the clubhouse!

I left on a 400 mile round trip on a car with just a few miles on and the only problem was I lost a set of points about fifty miles out. A quick replacement set from Reider Auto Parts on the Red Robin lot and I was on my way. Jerry, (Hardtop57), left a nice oil slick from a blown valve cover gasket and Yankee Dave blew a tire on the Atlantic City Expressway. With help from Jersey DOT he was on the way in 15 min.

The cruising was great, we met a load of HAMBers, and people couldn't believe we ran open cars that far without roofs, (why not?).

Great time and we're getting ready to run to spring Ocean City. Check out the pics on our site- acesandeightscc.net

Until next year.......

20. 270283

Koz,
    Enjoyed talking to you on the Boardwalk as you were leaving on Saturday. Aces & Eights had a nice lineup of cars. Your roadster and that bad-ass blown black 55 Chevy were my two favorite cars of the weekend.

21. Koz

Koz

270283- Thanks for the compliment! I might add I thought the bagged, super smooth '48 Buick or whatever it was had some of the best bodywork I've ever seen. A tad modern for my taste but the build was beyond belief. Hope to see you again at our run next week. We'll have more time to yack.

acesandeightscc.net Check out the pics from the weekend.