Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs It appears to be a 49-50 Chevy ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Sep 12, 2009.

1. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

NO! it's a piece of shit now, just because it has'nt been done does'nt mean you should do it, that is some gold chainer, street rod, piece of doody. the top looks cheesy as hell. Thats my opinion, but the body work looks good though.

2. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

i think the essence of this this thread is to appreciate the craftsmanship that went into creating this chevynashboatdoodynonhambrelatedorangebrick!! a few of you that are beating it up like some part of it so why all the fuss?? big dad didnt ask you if you liked it...in fact he dosnt seem to care for it either but really wanted to know more about it and so far no one but rikster had anything worthy to contribute....

3. and another

what jumped out at me was the pattern down it w/ pinstriping, I dig that, it looks pretty spiffy and that is all I guess. I dont like the car but can appreciate the assloads of hours into it.
    None the less, looks like super smooth work and talent, wish I had the money it took to create that critter.

maybe he has a v-50 under hood and needs the room....just saying

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  4. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

that car is horrible i cant understand how one would defend it and be a member on this board

5. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

If the owner likes it, more power to him....kinda falls in the "modern art" category to me. Deep in pockets, short in looks...personally. I know, I know....."to each his own". But just like the golden mean is scientifically proven to be the most pleasing proportions to most all human beings, the same goes for cars and women. Sadly in this case, having the first will pretty much deny you the latter.

6. Big Dad

Big Dad

exactly .. !

Lots of work and planning , not my kind of deal but then ..neither are 80% of all Customs , still bow to the efforts it takes to build them

7. lorodz

lorodz

wasted talent and time and money...just my to centz

8. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I'm going to have to give props to a chick on shamholio. It might have even been from the hamb. A girl made it to use as her avatar. I don't remember her name but it's all hers

Why all the fuss about the car? you asked us all for an opinion, I respect you enough to tell you what I think whether it be right or wrong it's what I think. I could have lied...
    heres an example of my honesty:
    !B,LpC1!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DQEjlLlu3hQBKqUM!igHQ~~_3.JPG ronaldmcdonaldrod.JPG

9. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

no torchmann this is what big dad asked for.."Lots of custom work here, Not my taste but,none the less ..work looks extreme for whomever did it ..any one have more info ?"
    not an opinion

10. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, hovercraft, that's the ticket.

11. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

It's a 53-54 monstrosity.

12. First thing I noticed was the transition from the stock hood to what it needed to fill from there to the cowl... The transition could have been done better... I'm all for cars with wheel pants, and skirts, but it has to work on some level.

Fioto's, while not everyones cup of tea, works.

Attached Files:

13. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

one rather large orange turd.

14. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Hey, at least it's not "The Homer"

[​IMG]

15. retromotors

retromotors

Man ..... I love that!

Does it come in a four door?

16. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Looking closer at the tangerine turd, it sure looks like it is on a later chassis. With that length it has got to have trouble making a tight turn without a major tire rub.

17. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

the car is a disaster... that is a fact- not an opinion. why would anyone need more info than that?

18. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

that poor car,....less is more

19. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

...and that's your opinion
    not my taste? that's an opinion! work looks extreme...that's another give one get one free:) I have absolutely no disregard for his interest in the work on the thing and have not disparaged the good man in any way.
    I have opened my mouth of my own free will giving my opinion and now I have yours as well thank you sir.
    Hey...where's Elvira
    Thanks for sharing big daddy I will remember it always and it was alot of fun photohacking it

20. Big Dad

Big Dad

I never had anything to do with the build ..just to be clear, someone sent me that pic and I posted it .

Just thought it was a odd custom with allot of work performed and wanted to show it

No more , no less ..the person who built it? , I have no idea who ?

21. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

I second the just because you can doesnt mean you should comment.

That top looks like a badly fitted toupee, not that there are any well fitted toupees.

22. bubba57

bubba57
    from k

All I see is patch panels for other cars to be saved.

23. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

^^^^this is the best response so far to all the guys whining about "craftsmanship" lol:D

24. TJratz

TJratz

I agree!

25. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

rrrrriiighhhtttttt

26. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

27. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Maybe they couldn't decide on a wheel and tire combo and just filled the holes. LOL

28. DrJ

DrJ

That Orange car would look 1000% better with a stock style (but reworked to fit) Chrome front bumper on it to hide the lack of compound curves look on the area below the headlights and make it not so Pug faced.
    As it is it looks like one of those paper fold up and insert the tabs in the slots cars you get in children's books (and adult ones too) some times.

And lose the graphics...

And, just so the still just learning get the right idea, I'm pretty sure the Red car on page 3 is a Cadillac, not a Delahaye. But it is a French body.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  29. Verminator

Verminator

Could it have been patterned off the kid's meal "burger &fries" car box at the drive in??? So that's what happens when you take that box home......

30. Hack Attack

Hack Attack

It'd be pretty crazy seeing that thing coming down the street.