Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coolest thing that ever happened to you because of the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Or just blew you away?

When I first joined, I couldn't believe the HAMB relays or the reaction to HAMBer Down! posts, or the HAMB auctions. That's a tight community I've rarely seen in real life, much less on the internet.

Probably the coolest stuff I've had happen to me were the guy (can't remember his name dammit) that hooked me up with a $10 steering column and wheel for my shoebox at like 10:00 at night when I was in a jam, he busted out the sawzall for me in the backyard and got er done!

Another guy offered to yank a suspension part off his project shoebox to help me get back on the road when I was broken down in the street. That was super cool, didn't know the guy, never talked to him before, but I was new here and he was willing to really go out of his way to help me out.

There's tons more people that have answered my questions and held my hand through lots of different projects.

Thanks to you all!

2. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

I bought a transmission 2 years ago from Don Moyer, never met him before. Since then Don and the rest of the Slick Devils have become great friends and mentors to this FNG.

3. Gigantor

Gigantor

The people I've met. Some in person and some through a computer monitor. Salt of the earth, every one.

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

5. cruzr

cruzr

I got to meet a lot of folks from here. My circle of friends has gotten much larger! Its the people that counts the most.

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have met a shit load of HAMBers and not a single one has been a douche. What other group of people can you say that about??

-Abone.

7. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

you know what? I was just thinking the same thing, I went to a BBQ in '06, not knowing what the HAMB even was, just tagged along with friends. Never met more people, especially at a car event, that were so down to earth and not uptight, no attitude.

8. edweird

edweird

Every body here thinks like me, damndest thing i've ever seen!!!! I LOVE ALL OF YALL!!

9. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Met a lot of cool people, and a lot of great friends.

10. All the great people I've met, and all the GREAT help and advice I've gotten...that say's it all...:D

11. Meeting folks I'd probably never have met otherwise.

Learning all kinds of new shit to cram into my cranium; because frankly, I thought I knew a lot to start with!

12. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

My cousin. I have a cousin that I used to be close to as a youngster. We grew up and apart. At our last family get together before Christmas he was there proudly wearing his Lonestar Roundup T-shirt. I asked " Are you on the HAMB?"

Since then he has gone out of his way to school me on traditional hot rodding and offered me so much help and I have been grateful to him. We have kept in close contact.

13. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I have met alot of people here and call them freinds I met a real good freind here he's in Tn about a hour from here he goes buy GRUMPYONE cool Cat

14. Met a lot of good folks and had a really cool parking place last year at Turkey Rod Run .. Thanks Gregg ...

15. bohmer2

bohmer2
    from Thayer, MO

HAMB and the drags have led to my wife getting off my back about buyin parts. About the coolest thing that has happened in my opinion.

16. dolsen37

dolsen37
    from Nebraska

Buying a Henry 32 roadster body from a fellow HAMBER. Can't thank him enough.

17. i was going to another country for work, so i posted a thread to meet some hambers in that area. work was very busy but imet some hambers and found time to hang with em. best part of the whole trip. great guys who i will one day, go back and visit.

18. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

I've had the greatest fortune of meeting new friends,lots of you! All good people!

Recently,I've had the great luck to be invited to join a club of like-minded folks who are a blast to be around.Good times every time.

Two dealings with companies listed here on the HAMB,great customer service and good products.Hurst Racing Tires and Rebel Wire.
    All good-A+

It's an awesome thing!

I pity those who don't have hot rods or don't know of the HAMB.
    Selfishly,I am very selective who I introduce to the forum.Maybe that's not good,but some of them ain't like us?

19. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

My Mom and Evil StepDad met because of a hamb relay.

This site for all its faults is an amazing place.

20. FONZI

FONZI

Well for me. I got to know Neil aka Radshit and he came out here on vacation, brought all his tools, and proceeded to graft 56 olds headlights and fender tops into my 51 Chevy!! I was blown away by his generosity and will never forget it. His work on my car is still my favorite mod on my car!! Thanks again Neil!! I was also treated to some Texas hospitality from Geeman when I visited complete with a great shop tour and an awesome junk yard exploration.

Fonzi

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  21. DMFB

DMFB

Lets see, I met some super great people...some of the greatest people I have ever met. Hanging around those people led me to a guy that gave me a Super solid 54 Chevy 2 door. The same group of people, come to find out, did the same type of work I do......so it landed me a sweet job. The H.A.M.B. is the shit. As soon as I catch up on some (more like a lot) of behind bills from relocating to Texas, I will become an Alliance Member. That is the absolute least I can do.

22. Denise. We are an "item" you know.

23. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Been to the Roundup the last two years. Bought a deuce frame off of Eric; never would have found him, otherwise. Bought an A roadster body and a Columbia rear end off'n Hambers. Got lots of good information from Squirrel and others.

24. 63Compact

63Compact

Getting a ride on the salt in a hoped up a roadster, and all the really cool people I,ve met when traveling.

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad this is here. Can't say a coolest thing. Actually these few years it was all goin fine. Then I was at Billetproof Det 08, and there's that Safari-wagon dude, gotta say it's been downhill since :D :D

Seriously he and I have been friends for 30yrs and we lost touch. Go figger he'd be here too. Then there's Denise...can't say better than has been said before. Everyone I've met personally has been great. Lookin forward to Hershey.

26. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Raefel Shields,the guy that originally built the Funny Car contacted me on the HAMB.I've gotten alot of great info and build photos of the car.

27. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Finding some history out on my 51 Merc(thanks to 00 MAC),Invite to the Merc Gathering and photo shoot with Pat Ganahl(thanks to axle) and meeting some cool people.

28. brady1929

brady1929

saved money from vapehead AND am saving money from coker. one more tire to buy.
    and all the great people.

29. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i bought a 36 banjo rear end from 47chvy here on the hamb. he is in Kentucky. and I'm in Florida. and he had it delivered via relay in three days!!!!! that is pretty cool

30. yekoms

yekoms

Gettin' connected with a bunch of like minded people. Findin' Parts,ideas and info,helpin' others with parts,ideas and info. We have alot car stuff around our area within a few hous drive but, The HAMB opened up the world of car stuff.
    When I get the coupe done I have a bunch of HAMBers to visit or meet up with along the road.
    For me I think that the best is yet to come when the coupe is on the road with some HAMBers.
    Smokey