Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG With 53 buick

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by hemi_kory, Mar 31, 2009.

1. hemi_kory

hemi_kory

Hello from wv. I picked this 53 buick up cheap. It needs a lot of work. I cant decide on what to do with it. Should i go the custom rout, turn it into a gasser, or turn it into a unsuspecting slepper. The motor is junked. So im gonna up date the drive line. Any tips or suggestions are apprciated. Also if any one has pics of buicks post um im looking for ideas.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      116.9 KB
      Views:
  2. welcome from oregon i would slam it...i have a 53 OLDSMOBILE

3. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Kory, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas. Get any Buick engine, don't join the 700 club.

Lucky667

4. hemi_kory

hemi_kory

So is their any pics out their of 53 buicks i'll be fished before i get any ideas lol

5. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Welcome, love the old buicks, long and low. Good luck with the project.

6. hemi_kory

hemi_kory

Does anyone know of an easy frame swap for a 53 buick?????

7. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

kory, no such thing as an easy frame swap, but I might be looking at the G body GM's. '78-'86 Monte Carlo, Cutlass Supreme, El Camino, Malibu, etc. If it were mine, I might be more interested in doing a front and rear clip swap rather than a full frame swap. That way, I could set the ride height by "Z-ing" the clips without using fosdick dropped spindles and cut coils later to drop it.

8. len_m

len_m
    from wpg,can

heres one my buddy owned..still had the original straight 8, had bags in the rear. we did the chop and paint over about 2 months. the car is in austria now i do believe.

[​IMG]

9. skyrodder

skyrodder

Custom all the way..

10. hemi_kory

hemi_kory

Thats a sweet buick...hope mine looks half as good

11. hemi_kory

hemi_kory

120807MooneyesXmasParty123-vi.jpg

120807MooneyesXmasParty169-vi.jpg

31_1.JPG

11270804BuickKustom-vi.jpg

S5031580.jpg

buick.jpg
    Im starting the chop on mine i thought i would post some pic that i found on the web. Anyone else building a custom buick??? Post some pics on her if u are.....and also do any of you hambers know wear u can get buick repair panels? The bottoms of both rear quaters are rotted out on mine.

12. the-lowrider

the-lowrider

Here is one pic of my ex-car...also a 53`:

[​IMG]

13. 343w

343w

Cool Buick man, keep your original chassis if possible, it's hell to change a frame if you don't know what you're doing it will turn into a nightmare, I'd find a doner buick from the 80's and swap running gear and suspensions, interior stuff, etc. Take it slow till you've gained experience buddy.Like (fridaynitedrags) advised.