Register now to get rid of these ads!

Side by side 94s with progressive linkage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HR Classic Cars, Sep 11, 2009.

1. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Anyone ever done this before? any ideas on how to do it?

Want to put 3 94s in a row, side by side, not back to back and use the outside 2 as primaries and the middle one as secondary.

If I use them all as primary I could extend the throttle shaft, any ideas how I can make it progressive?

2. Terry O

Terry O

before you go to far in this direction, you may want to think about the principals involved with distributing fuel to the cylinders unless of course your intending to mount the motor sideways............

Terry

3. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

It's a straight 6, the intake manifold is made for 2 weber/SU sidedraft type carbs, I want to convert to 94s and a log style manifold using the outsides carbs as primaries and the middle one for the extra umph.

I'm afraid that if I put the carbs sideways, a 90 degree angle to the engine, that the fuel flow will be uneven between the two barrels of the carb. Putting the carbs side by side will put all barrels of all carbs at the same distance of the intake manifold runners and the cylinders.

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

i'm guessing it would flow as good as a 750 four barrel adapted to a 4-2 barrel addapter....not too good! Plus it may look like ass.

To setup you progressive linkage for sideway carbs it should be similiar to 3 in row. use shorter arms on the secondaries. you will have 3 rods tied together to one cable. you would have to put the stop on the rod farther back for your secondaries also. This probably sounds confusing but it makes sense if you look at a progressive linkage and picture 3 carbs in row sides (which would look like ass and probably not run too swift).
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Oops i just saw your reply. so you are talking about the manifold still facing the right way, but the carbs sideways. The would be a bitch.

Why not run webers?

5. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Webers=$ (as I don't have some laying around that aren't spoken for)

Holley 94 = ~Free.. as I have a box full of them.

Think I figured it out, I'm going to run a shaft parallel to the mounting of the carbs (between the carbs and the valve cover) with the levers attached to that, shorts and longs for primary and secondary.. similar to how webers on italian cars are linked.