Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hollywood knights anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustomline54, Sep 8, 2009.

1. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Not sure about that.... I had heard that it was actually Tony Nancy's Cobra and it had a SOHC 427 in it.

65pacecar likes this.
  2. After reading about it for years I finally bought and watched HK. Stick to AG!

3. Not sure about that.... I had heard that it was actually Tony Nancy's Cobra and it had a SOHC 427 in it
    Nope I'm pretty sure the old Oriental owned it. Ask DeuceDaddyDon He was there. And I said it had a 427 in it. Not a cammer. This car was all original.

4. I've said many times that they should have taken Harrison Ford from AG and gave him that role in HK and stuck Danza in the Black Chevy.:eek:

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The Hollywood Knights Who Say Ni is a good flick too, hard to find though.

6. MarkT

MarkT

Yeah not bad, but the 'Hollywood Knights of the Roundy Round Table' is better...:rolleyes:
    At the Gorge of Eternal Peril...
    'So what is the weight of a '64 Nascar prepared Impala?'
    'Is that an laden or unladen Impala?'
    'Err...I don't know that...:eek: AAAHHHHhhhh!!!!.....

7. yeah that reminds me of someone else

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

At least I kept it to the car and not personal to someone.

Glad you got your chance. I bet you've been waiting a long time for that.

9. lorodz

lorodz

mrs's freeman......kiss my asss,,,,,lol that was the greatest..gto was one of my favorites..of the movie got it on dvd watch it once a year along with all the other must see car movies

10. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Fran and Michelle -- man what a scene that would make!!!!!! Give me a moment.
    Lundy

11. Saw it when it was on HBO years and years ago. Love it and will watch it anytime it flashes on tv

"That Pussy's lookin for me"

12. perk30

perk30

One of my wife's and my favorite movies. I love the 40 and Project X
    "does have a little wang in it":eek:

13. 408 AA/D

408 AA/D

So whats your point?

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I must have saw that movie 5 or 6 times at the theater. And at the time I was driving a yellow 57 2 door sedan that had a gasser stance with heavy duty coil springs instead of a straight axle upfront. It had a 265 with 56 Corvette dual quads and a 4 speed. I had Fenton mags in front and a 15 x 10 Cragar rims out back. I have seen a store online that sells custom 50s car parts and they were selling Hollywood knight plaques. I'll see if I can find it and post the site on this tread.

Ok the website for the plaque is www.wirthscustomauto.com

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. Great movie, I can watch it over and over :D

16. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

The 61 Starliner is really nice, I wish there was more of it in the movie. Great movie though.

17. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

If I'm not mistaken that '61 Ford runs a SOHC cammer 427. I think I've seen it in some magazines. It is one sweet car. The race scenes were hokie but still fun to watch. All those great movies score a 10 but I think Hollywood Knights edge the others out with a 10.1, heh. "Yes, just drive across the yard, it's OK, they're ripping it up tomorrow." Mark L

18. Super442s

Super442s

Been a few years since I've seen it, but I remember the scene with Project X and the Cobra as being one of the best scenes in the movie. Not to hijack the thread, but speaking of Project X, I've seen references to PHR really messing the car up in this and other threads. Can anybody fill me in on what they did to it?

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]Chopdtop, thanks for posting the photos back on reply #45 ! That '40 is one of my favorite movie cars, wouldn't mind having a clone of it.

20. Algon

Algon

I second both!:D

Great movie but who calls a Fad T a rail job?:D

21. rcr81

rcr81

Me too...one of us has an issue...lol...my favorite movie by a mile.

" ...it looks like a penis only smaller..."

22. It was completely redone a couple of years ago and updated...sponsored by GM, so it has a GM crate engine, etc. It looks as if Boyd Coddington had built it, for better or worse. http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0801phr_1957_chevy_bel_air_210/index.html

Considering the original concept of Project X- a ongoing magazine project car undergoing constant evolution- by those standards, the current version is fine (if you like that look). Apparently some of the work done in the past was fairly ragged and was causing some issues.

To many of us, the car as it appeared in Hollywood Knights (and for much of its life) is iconic, representing our memories of the '70s & '80s. By those standards, the current look is sacrilege.

(shrugs) To each his own opinion...

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

For those interested, (and I didn't read the whole thread so don't crucify me- I apologize if this is already been mentioned) Hollywood Knights is available to watch on YouTube. I think one of the parts has no sound, but the entire movie is up there for those who haven't seen it or would like to see it again.

24. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

He's playing it with his DEEEK

25. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I don't think Jimmy Shine actually believed an Army guy named Grease took one of these engines....

[​IMG]

and put it in one of these....

[​IMG]

The sad thing is I've actually heard old guys tell the same story. :confused:

26. chopdtop

chopdtop

The37Kid, You are welcome. I finally finished my clone of the 40. It's in 64th scale though .:D
    I finally found a good picture of the VW's body color and started to redo my VW in my die cast set now.

Attached Files:

27. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Loved the movie think it was a little underrated...except as already mentioned the elec fan

28. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

But being from Tennessee....Fran Drescher would nave been 1000X hotter with a southern draw. I had forgot how hot she was till I watched it again lately. If only I could have had a shot at her in the back of the Pie Wagon! :eek:

29. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

lol Mitchelle looked the hottest

30. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Frans Hot alright, until she speaks and that horrible voice comes out....