Register now to get rid of these ads!

slightly off topic... bicycle cruise in vegas sept 12th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lardcore, Sep 10, 2009.

1. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

anybody in vegas that has "cool" (a very relative term by the way) bicycle come ride with us... like the flyer says 5 mile ride, 4 stops with 1 at the vegas sign... bicycle club is for beach cruisers, stretched cruisers, lowriders, choppers, vintage, customs and whatever... please no 10 speeders, road bikers, mtn bikers or the like... it's blast come out and have a good time with us... we should have 50 people...

www.HAMMERANDCYCLE.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Great logo! Great cruise idea. Please post pics when it's done (if ok with mods) I like hand built board tracker types.

3. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Lemme tell ya, OT or not, watching 50 plus vintage pedal bikes roll down the Vegas strip is something to behold!!

4. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

this is ride #4... we've been doing it for the past 3 months... we even got a write up in the Las Vegas Weekly... it's been a blast... first month was (22) and then the next two were (50) bikes... i'll post some pics if the mods don't care...

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs...orches-gnomes-and-bit-organized-chaos-vegas-/

5. krome

krome

I better hurry and get the wife her lowrider bike.

6. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

7. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

8. Spike!

Spike!

Wish I were there! I have a few old cruisers, a 1945 Rollfast is my latest build. love those old bikes!

Spike

9. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Ok, I was gunna bust your balls for a 5 mile ride that needs 4 rest stops, but damn it,... just looks like too much fun.

10. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

That looks like fun! No ten speeds? I kinda like my '72 Schwinn Continental in yellow! (I'll just take it to the local rails-to-trails path)

Looks like it will be a blast.

Edited: after looking at the videos, I can see why 10 speeds, mountain bikes, road bikes aren't in. That looks very cool! Perhaps I need to swap out my Chinese Fiore tandem bike for a Schwinn tandem. That trailer with the tiki lights was cool!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  11. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

hahaha... yeah it's not about pulling some long miles on the bikes... it's just about gettin out and having fun and trying to get hit by cars... hahaha... cruising down freemont street was a lot of fun... we went to a "biker bar" and there were 4 harleys and 50 bicycles... pretty funny...

12. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

Good luck on your ride. It will be fun and we've been having fun in our town with the same type ride. Can't always be in the 4 wheel mochine. I don't have a link but Owosso Bike Fest 2009 had about 200 and some. Good time and glad you're doing it ......2 wheel on

Michigan Rick

13. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I wish we had something like that here in Orlando. The only groups we have are into fixies and emo type stuff. I'm the only Old School bicycle guy I know. I haven't taken any of mine to biker bars, but here's a shot from Billetproof earlier this year.

Attached Files:

14. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

freakbikemilitia.com

15. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

They definitely build some cool stuff, but they aren't in Orlando that I know of. That and I'm not really into art bikes (tall bikes, short bikes, theme bikes, etc.), just straight up cool bicycles. I like bikes that blend function with style without a bunch of extra added on stuff or weird configurations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on it, just not into it.

16. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

it was a blast on saturday night... 50+ people riding down las vegas blvd to the strip sign and then off to a couple bars... hopefully we'll get the pictures from the lady with the camera that actually knew what she was doing... hahaha...

[​IMG]

17. lardcore

lardcore
    from sin city

Hammer & Cycle ride Friday October 30th - 7pm @ Dino's... We are gonna hit up the Tiki Room and prolly the Aruba on the way back to Dino's... It's been decided that it's gonna be a costume ride... We'll have a costume contest and the winner can get a free Hammer & Cycle logo tattoo from Sexy Rick of Iron Horse Tattoo's...

[​IMG]

18. Looks like a blast! Wish wwe were there.

19. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

That's cool that you guys are bringing some soul to Las Vegas.

The next best thing to driving a prewar hot rod is riding a prewar bicycle,
    well kinda, they're both time machines in a way.

Here's my '37 shelby, almost all original except paint and tires
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my '37 shelby hot rod, lotsa old stuff but not original.
    [​IMG]
    I love riding this one on the local "critical mass" rides,
    most of the people ride mtn bikes or fixies.

TP

Oh yeah,
    here's how they do it in santa barbara!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4xH1JM3sOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4xH1JM3sOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>