Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage speed/vero beach

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whiteyford, Sep 10, 2009.

1. whiteyford

whiteyford

Mornin all, i just wanted to post a positive experience i had on EGAY.

i purchased 3 carb risers from vintage speed out of vero beach fla. the other nite (buy it now) as soon as i hit the button, it dawned on me, i need two runner type not open plenum, i contacted seller and asked if he could just give me store credit in the amount of my purchase and not ship an item that i could not use. His response was, "dont worry about it, i will void the sale on my end and leave no neg feedback on ebay." He said he didnt want me to buy something that i couldnt use.

maybe i ve just become accustom to some sellers unwillingness to help out in situations like these, but i was pleasantly surprised by this response. Total class act in my book, just trying to pass along the good report. :)

2. 50shoe

50shoe

yeah that is charlie price. he has a website too. he has a bad rap from some folks but I've always had good dealings with him too. great source for intake and carb parts.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

His response was, "dont worry about it, i will void the sale on my end and leave no neg feedback on ebay."

gee what a swell guy. to bad sellers can't leave negative for buyers at all, add to that the fact that negatives on a buying account never meant shit anyways, and then lets not forget that a buyer can neg and ding the stars of a seller who pisses them off which in turn will impact where thier items end up in search so no one will ever find them. then lets not forget the pissed off vengeful buyer who can destroy your business with a few clicks of a mouse

yup. swell guy alright. you don't want it and there is not a damn thng he can do about it that makes a stick of difference. buyers have sellers by the balls the minute they win.

don't know the guy or have a clue about his business practices, just a little ebay edjumication for anyone who may think that line makes him some sort of stand up guy.

4. whiteyford

whiteyford

interesting,didnt know that. Just to clarify, i was the one who said "i dont want any neg. feedback",thinking that was a possibility,he never said "i wont leave neg. feedback" he seemed to just want a happy customer, thats al, fwiw.

5. I can't say anything bad about Charlie, ordered three holley 94 kits and they came lickity split.
    later, bought a lifter valley cover for an Olds thru auction and had no problems.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

He's been great with me over the years. Most suppliers that rebuild items don't want to help the DIYers with parts. They want to sell the rebuilt unit for more money.

He not only sold me the parts to make my end Rochester carbs into dumpers on a progressive 3 deuce system but he gave me instructions on how to do it. Explaining how to lap the butterflies into the carb bases.

All of my experiences have been pleasant.

7. Nerner

Nerner
    from New Jersey

Charlie built my stuff and shipped them a lot faster than I expected.

8. 6inarow

6inarow

I'll bet his wife is a princess now too

9. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Charlie Price, Vintage Speed, is OK with me..Charlie will call me if there is an issue with an order. I've been dealing with him for years and really appreciate is customer service..
    Duane.

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Never trust anyone in Florida!:D

11. 31modelo

31modelo

Noone from the central Fl. is trustworthy at all.The rest of use just have bad taste. Never had a bad sealing with Charlie but have had buddies here who have. Seems to have problems with whole units, but parts he's good with.

12. I am 10 miles from Charlie, he is a good guy, with some very cool old stuff. Check him out, on E-bay or his web site.

13. I got a complete triple set from him and they were not only a matched set, but quality built. I have to admit he can be a tough guy to get a hold of but every thing I have bought from him has been good quality, and delivered promptly. And like said above he is more than willing to take the time on the phone to help the DIY'er.

14. Could some one post up his web address.
    Thanks in advance.

15. whiteyford

whiteyford

vintagespeed.com

16. Adam F

Adam F

I recently ordered some power valves from Charlie. Having heard lots of negative stuff I admit I was a bit hesitant to place an order. The corrrect parts arrived, well packaged and in reasonable timeframe.- I was happy with the service.

Later
    Adam

17. millersgarage

millersgarage

I too bought something that I wanted to return, and he was very nice to deal with. I bought from his website, not from Ebay, and he said almost the same thing to me---I don't want you to have something you don't want.

I would buy from him again.