Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barrie auto swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyway Hauler, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Anyone going to the Barrie swap meet on Saturday?

2. screwball

screwball

We are having a flea market here in Ottawa as there are at least 70 vendors who have given up on the Barrie flea market. I and a few others were Barrie vendors going back to the Molsen park days . I also heard Barrie was down 800 vendors in the spring.

3. NOT going to Barrie Flea anymore..Gave up several years ago,when the None auto shit took over the flea market.
    Gave my space to the neighbour (brown field),and never been back.

Rick
    1939fiat

4. screwball

screwball

Rick need any more vintage hot rod mags?

5. Tell you what....This past spring Barrie I had one of my best years yet! I sell only vintage car parts in the brown field and made over $1300.00 for the weekend. Bought what I needed,paid my next springs rent and had enough to buy 5 cars when I got back home.Yes they were down on vendors,yes the guys buying parts were scarce but....the guys that were seriously looking for stuff were there and buying!I,m going this weekend to camp for a couple of days and to get a chance to buy what I need. In the spring I,m too busy selling to go looking.....

6. screwball

screwball

ITS cool if you live close but its a 7 hour drive for us and the Sunday thing sucks if you need to work the next day after 5 days living in a field.

7. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'll be there for the first time. I'm coming up with a trailer to pick up other stuff so I thought it would be good to do it the same week.

8. I had a great time this spring. I bought lots of stuff and found many good deals. I have a few friends going this weekend. I don't think I'll make it this weekend, too many things to finish and put away at home, before I bring home anything else!

9. i might show up, i have found little things here and there over the last several years. but it seems to get less exciting every year with more 80s car parts, socks and mullets

10. roadrash

roadrash

I'll be there! Lots of walkin for a little stuff ..........but I just can't take a chance on missing out on stovebolt goodies !

11. Hey screwball...LOL.

Always looking for vintage mags.

Rick

12. RacerRick

RacerRick

I will be there. Hamb shirt and all.

13. 57dodge

57dodge

Ya I'll be there, selling some vintage junk. Blue Field 1E6
    Looks Like its gonna be a good weekend Weather Wise.
    I can see why people are getting tired of it.
    If I dont sell much this year perhaps next Fall I'll Set up a Sock, Fleece Blanket, Croc, Crappy T Shirt,Sunglass Booth.
    They Seem to be everywhere.........

14. Got your hood trim and a few grill pieces. "No charge!" I,ll drop by Saturday....

15. =================================

Our deal was the same..drive 160 miles each way ,in an RV that gets 10 mpg.; pay Hanney 125 bucks,and then get "nickel & dime'd for 4 days..
    Yep,the fun soon goes out of it..
    Buyers didn't want to buy,and then have to lug their shit a mile back to their truck..
    Unless there buying socks and rugs..

I prefer the smaller swaps now..Ancaster ,Waterdown,Lambeth..even Bothwell..

But thats just me.

Rick

16. 57dodge

57dodge

SWEET! See You Saturday. Hope You'll accept a liquid Payment......:D

17. Ferguson777

Ferguson777

Screwball,

What's the details on the Ottawa swap meet?

Where ?

What time?

What day(s) ?

Thanks,

18. screwball

screwball

tomorrow Sat Sept 12 8:00 AM Rideau Carlton Race way on Albion R.D. There is also one comming up in Renfrew in a week or two.

19. biscaynes

biscaynes

screw haney and barrie, i don't need any new/used socks, when's waterdown's fall date?

20. screwball

screwball

save all your stuff and support a fellow HAMBER pistinbroke"s new event at Shanonville Race way in July its a great venue and we had a good time this year.

21. Ferguson777

Ferguson777

Screwball,

Thanks!

22. Shannonville was cool. [​IMG]

I met Screwball, and still had fun.:eek: :D

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

Went today and was the worst "automotive" swap meet I've ever been to! Looks more like people cleaned out the house...even had beds for sale! Giant yard sale. Car stuff was 70's and newer stuff. You northern guys heads would pop off if you ever got to Carlisle or Hershey!!

24. chad

chad

Waterdown is Sept 26,27

25. Yep. That is exactly what happened.

26. ThePuck

ThePuck
    from Ottawa

That's the great thing about Ottawa. You NEVER hear about these events until they're over.

27. screwball

screwball

Ottawa"s a tough place for a real car guy as most people dont know dick about the old cars they own except how much its appraised for.

28. screwball

screwball

come out SAT and you will meet the real gear heads in town there arnt alot of us wrench turners and knuckle busters but we are around.

29. meteor

meteor

I'm there all weekend, there is a lot of krap. Look for my art stuff, Brightwork Auto Art, spot 1H7. Weekend Special, $5 off all posters for my HAMB pals.

Matt

30. DHD

DHD
    from Ottawa, ON

Ottawa was pretty good for a new swap, got to meet Screwball, enjoy the rims hahaha.
    Its funny, I've been going to Carlisle for the last 10 years, but I've never been to Barrie mainly because I never seem to hear anything good about it.