Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Throttle - The Complete Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Sep 5, 2009.

1. The mailman just delivered my copy of

Throttle.jpg
    January - December * 1941
    THE COMPLETE COLLECTION

I (obviously) haven't read through all of it yet ... only browsed through all the articles and checked out all of the photos & adverts ... but I must say it was well worth the wait (I pre-ordered it back in June).

At just $40, I would definitely recommend ordering a copy from the folks @ The Rodder's Journal.

Here's some excerpts from the book:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can order it online HERE.

NOTE: I'm in no way affiliated with TRJ ... I just think it's a worthwhile book for HAMBers to have in their library.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

:D hey... remember my birthday is in January.

3. and mines next month!!

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

God damnit, I'm still waiting on mine! I ordered it the day I got the e-mail saying it was available. I think I've been to the mailbox about 50 times this week.

5. autobilly

autobilly

Looks great Todd, I'm glad to see they've started shipping. Can't wait to get mine!:)

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Cool!... looking forward to receiving it in the mail, maybe Tuesday? I also ordered it right after the email from TRJ was sent out...

Malcolm

7. I am ordering mine as soon as I get home to Bako from Dove Hunting. Read the article in TRJ and this is a gotta have for Dry Lakes history buffs.-Weeks

8. RAY With

RAY With

Looks like a great book to have. Thanks for posting

9. :D I've already had mine - but hey what the heck - as long as we are putting in requests here...Looks nice - enjoy!

10. That looks sooooo much better than the crapy photo copy ones that were being sold a few years ago. Coonan does great work.

11. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Well said....same here :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

12. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Mine's at the post office, got the notice when I got home. My first stop on my way to work!

Tomorrow's going to be a lazy day at work. ;)

13. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Dave,
    Your going to buy me this for your birthday???
    You are the kindest man I know!

14. twofosho

twofosho

Mine was waiting on the porch when I got home from work today.

15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Got mine yesterday as well. The shots of Tony Capanna driving the Nobile/Harrell modified are big inspirations for my new project...Now to pick up my copy of Bob Eames Strother Mc Minn book and my Fall Reading Schedule will be complete...

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Mine just came in the mail today -- looks like it'll be fun to read through!

17. cruzr

cruzr

Got Mine!!! Read it cover to cover!`Its a great chronicle of the beginning of our thing we call Hot Rodding. The word Hot Rod is not mentioned once in the book.

18. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Finally got some ass time in the shitter and read it cover to cover. My legs fell asleep.

19. TexasHardcore ... uh, TMI

:D

20. rooman

rooman

I got mine yesterday too. I also ordered it as soon as I got the e-mail and managed to get number 0089. #89 was my license number when I raced back in the 60's and the Aussie drag racing sanctioning body first went national with licenses.

Roo

21. Just an FYI that a couple of other threads on the same subject have been started:

- LOWCAB's "Throttle Book fromTRJ" thread (click HERE)
    - Barn Find T's very humorous "I'm Throttled................" thread (click HERE)

... and back in April, TRJ auctioned off Copy #1 to benefit the H.A.M.B. (click HERE).

22. You can buy me a beer when we see you in Vegas...hows that sound?

23. yep ... and I believe it's the big FIVE OH !!!!

... time for you to join the H.A.M.B. Old Farts' Club

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  24. Finally finished reading it from cover to cover last night ... it's so good, I think I'll start re-reading it tonight ... i.e., it's more than just a nice "coffee table" book! :)