Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a little chop...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HBKShopMonkey, Jul 26, 2009.

1. picasso

picasso

Hey 49ratfink, my chevy is chopped six inches in the back and four at the front. Does that make me old skool or old fart?
    I love the chop by the way,kinda looks like my car did when it was chopped the first time.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

old school fart.:D

3. 1950jax

1950jax
    BANNED

Chop it till you hit your head on the roof....then chop it some more. Hey cat whatever floats your boat is cool by me. It's your ride and your style so enjoy and have fun hot rodding.

4. AD

AD

the 4 door chop don't look bad,, the paint and grill kinda kill it for me tho'

5. roddinron

roddinron

I think it's a little over chopped for my taste, it just doesn't flow to my eye, and really does look a little "squished". But I think you're going for a whole different look , so if you like it' it's cool.
    I can't believe the statements I've read here though. Every car is different, no one can say they all need to be chopped, or how much. You have to study the lines of the car, then enhance them, sometimes it takes a heavy chop, sometimes light, sometimes none at all. You don't just chop just for the sake of chopping, or outdoing the other guy.
    Customizing is an art, art for shock value soon fades, but "a thing of beauty is a joy forever" (or at least until the putty cracks:D).

6. I'm liking it better after seeing the 2nd and 3rd pics.

A little too much for me, but I can see the car at Bonneville.

Get an SCTA rulebook and see what the records are for six cylinder inlines in the class the car will fit into.

It doesn't take long for a cop to look up a rule, but if you drive sanely you shouldn't have any problems.

7. Hal_396

Hal_396

I like different and I like the chop.

8. J's on squares

J's on squares

9. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

It does not improve the look in my opinion.

10. skwurl

skwurl

What does that mean?

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Just cos you can doesn't mean you should.

12. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Amen to that!

13. Since you asked. I don't care for it. Over done and in the Green pic it actually looks like it rounds off at the front, might just be the photo. Regardless, it doesn't improve the lines of the car, it only adds shock value. But if you're happy, then that's cool.

14. looks squished... if you like the long flat look why not build a 60's car.... just my .02

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I like understatement and you've hit a home run with your thread title. That said, IMO (remember that) you'll have to beat the 5'7" guys off your porch if you ever try to sell it.:eek::D

Frank

16. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

wow, another ruined one like the others said

17. Brahm

Brahm

Look at the photo, attached.

18. doctorZ

doctorZ

too heavy a chop for my taste, but it looks like it was well done.

19. Ok so for the it looks squished crowd...
    Picture One - A direct side view for you to ponder.
    Picture Two - Even if its squished it still hauls arse.
    Picture Three - Who cares if its squished :) she likes it!:D

Attached Files:

20. roddinron

roddinron

Picture one- Thanks for the side view, it doesn't look as bad as I thought, but the pictures a little dark.
    Picture two- Not really turning me on under the hood, I just never liked tunnel rams
    Picture three- If you have the right cam in that thing, you're never gonna get her off that cowl!:D

21. BISHOP

BISHOP

Picture three- There is a kid inside the car, wondering what the hell Mom is doing.

22. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That windshield is plastic, isn't it? Definitely not legal, advisable, or acceptable.

23. Ya our sons giving us a pretty funny look through the window huh? The windshield is 3/8th Lexan. Same as the rear window. Even safer than glass, it an antique vehicle so anything is legal and a heck of alot cheaper than buying the front windshield that we didnt have and then paying for it to get cut, hopefully only once....Just FYI

24. Bigjake

Bigjake

I like the chop. I think with a hood on it would flow just fine.

25. Hood With A 3inch Pancake and Hinged Like A Packard Anybody?

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      478.4 KB
      Views:
  26. Wow, I take back what I said. It looks totally sinister in the side view pic.

27. i think it would work with a smoothed out body and gloss paint.

28. I think itll look pretty awesome too if I even get going on the body work. I love playing with metal, but I HATE Bondo with a passion, but I've done the entire car myself and hate to turn it over to a body shop, but well see I'll post more pics when it ever gets straight and shiny!!!

29. [No way to judge the chop from the front. The real proof is how it lays in on the back side.]

Never mid the previous statement. I found the side shots. For my taste you could take a bit more out of the C pillar. Take that hump out of the back side of the lid.

And it does need a mild section. Not major or it will just look like a 7/8 scale chebby.

30. kraka138

kraka138

like this?

[​IMG]