Register now to get rid of these ads!

Save your nickles!! The Ralph Whitworth Collection heads to auction!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragnut, Jun 8, 2009.

1. crackernutz

crackernutz
    from tx

wow that is one awesome collection of cars. dear lord let me win the lottery

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Dad like everything except the trans. I guess that's whats holding him back although I can't imagine it would be that hard to change out once home.

I think I might ask that yayhoo to sign my catalog :p

PLEASE fill me in as they just sold a 47 Olds 98 that I would LOVE to be able to capture the photos of......I'll put you on my list of HAMBers that I LOVE :D

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

OOOOOHHHH NNNOOOO, dont let him change the trans, that is part of what makes that car cool, It is all vintage and just as it was when it was first built.....

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

surely your dad can drive a stick....

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So I guess I'll tell him he's not the correct caretaker for the car :eek:

Driving a stick before you were born son.;).......it would be his legs now not being able to handle it.....kinda why he put cruise on the '56, so he can drive it across country. Without it he wouldn't be able to.

Mom really wants another '49 or '50 ....so Dad's "got it made" ;)

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It is a good historic (at least around here) car, be kind of a shame to change it...

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks for the clarification Mark. So the one in the auction is the REAL wood one, not the one that Steve used to own. The one in the Petersen vault is the fiberglass version and is the one that Steve used to own. Like you mentioned, that catalog description combined with my discussions with Steve prior to this really threw me off.

8. Toner283

Toner283

No problem. Glad to help especially when it is a legend that asks for my help.

When you run across a pic that will not let you right click save, open whatever file you want to save the pic in & minimize it. Then place your cursor (pointer, mouse clicker thingy :D) over the pic you want, press & hold the left mouse button & move the cursor over top of the file you minimized. After a second or so it will open up & you can move your cursor (still with the left button held down) to where you want the pic. Then let go of the left button. The pic should now be in your file.

Please note that I am using windows & I do not know if this will work with mac or not. Also this does not always work, some pics are protected & when you try to save them this way a small window box will pop up & basically politely tell you to piss off you can't save a copy of whatever pic you are trying to save. Usually this is on artist's websites & such.

Sorry to make you guys & girls wait, I was at work. That place I have to go to make money to play with cars.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  9. well since Ive already owned the knots berry farm berry wagon I kinda lean towards the Little Red Wagon,but my sick side says I should bring home Strage fright to sit next to the piewagon......now I just gotta find the cash

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks so much for reminding me about the drag and drop method. The piss off:D box did not appear but another box of options like zoom, etc did. The piss off box did appear when I tried to right click and save as. I could not drag and drop from my work computer. I will try it once I get home from my laptop. Thanks again bud.:cool:

11. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Stage Fright isn't being sold it's in the Storage area of the Peterson Museum.But your still a sick SOB.

12. I have used PrintKey by Alfred Bolliger since 1998 to capture ANYTHING on a screen, copyrighted, protected or whathaveyou. The version I have (v3.03) is very old (1998), but has worked on every computer I have ever owned.

You can go to his site:
    http://www.geocities.com/~gigaman/
    Or PM me...

Cosmo

13. An example of a screen capture by PrintKey:

Attached Files:

14. It is pretty easy to get the actual file if ya have a Mac and use Safari (I only ever download them for personal use and never post them).

15. holy shit I got the catalog today...........this is the coolest book Ive had my hands on in years

16. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

The catalog is incredible! You'd pay a cool hundo for this bad boy if you saw it in person!!! If nothing else you can dig through all the interesting (if not 100% correct) info listed about all the cars. In case you didn't know there is a huge lot of speed parts being sold off also.

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm so excited about this sale! Just had to bring this back this post back to the top :D

18. joebuick

joebuick

I think im going just to watch I don't know if there will ever be an oppritunity to see all these cars in one place again

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not only in one place BUT ever again if they go to a private collection. Thats the main reason we are all heading out....plus we love hanging with our SoCal pals and since they never come see us here in the midewest.....:rolleyes:;):p:D

20. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

WELL?????????????????????

Anyone go to the auction has the collection been sold to all corners of the earth or what