Register now to get rid of these ads!

primer nats will it be back??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynstone, Sep 6, 2009.

1. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

'' And to the wanker that thinks $45 for two days is high> Fuck, we would love to have that caliber of cars and show up in this neck of the woods. And would gladly pay double that!"

Ok come on out and pay for me!! And you dont know me so stfu ASS HAT

<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

2. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Daveyboy56....you may want to back down from this one... it would be like pissing uphill...No one is asking you to come out and pay for anything.

3. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Agreed ! 25 minutes from my house.

4. You people live way too close. If I lived that close, I'd prolly not convince myself to stay at Motel 6, and miss a LOT of fun:p. Shit, who am I kidding. If I lived around the corner, I'd still spend the $$ on the "6";)

5. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Me too.:)

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yea, but, that's not saying much.:) How else are you going to maintain that Groucho-esque look of your's, without the motel bed head helping you?:p

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Ditto.

8. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

I'm afraid I would opt out of a show in Paso on labor day weekend, can you say Freak'n hot!!! Memorial day is perfect weather wise, but that is water under the bridge. What ever Juan puts together will be supported by me.

9. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

i've got love for both sides too.... and i really respect John's for all he's done with the show (just as i respect Jenny and what she's done with her bags.) I've traveled half way across the country with John, and I know that he's a great guy-- and i trust him to make a great show.

all that said......... it's really weird that a bunch of guys are adding two cents on something so personal as a divorce, on the internet of all places. that's personal drama that isn't supposed to be played out on the internet-- because stuff said here can stay here forever.

support the primer nationals. but, i think think this thread should be deleted.

-scott noteboom

10. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Couldnt have said it better myself!! Man you took the words right out of my mouth. I am really good friends with both, and what I am reading on here is slightly appalling. This kind of seems like a private issue, not a HAMB issue? I have a feeling that most people are forgetting the age old saying "there are two sides to every story, then there is the TRUTH". This thread should get shut down..
    Jimmy White

11. 53chevy

53chevy

Hey John, sad to hear your circumstances. This show was/is a blessing for Ventura! It's very laid back here and being a Custom car guy, it was tough to hang out with like minded people. All my Custom/Hot Rod friends live in Riverside and LA. Now we are spoiled with Back to the Beach and Primer Nats. Hope it stays where it's at, cause in my mind, it's the perfect spot! All the best!

Ken

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  12. 53chevy

53chevy

Agree about the personal stuff, don't need to have people voice their opinion. Keep it about John's idea or strive to have Primer Nats move forward!

Ken

13. Juan

Juan
    from Ventura

I could not agree more that this is not the place to get my divorce from jenny! what went on at the primer nationals broke both our hearts with all our freinds .Jenny and I have not spoken to each other in all most 6 months .
    We just spent the afternoon together, we hope to work out OUR problems, move on with our lives AND BY ALL MEANS DO WHAT IS NESSARY SO I CAN HOPEFULLY PUT THE SHOWS ON AT THE VENTURA FAIR GROUNDS IN 2010
    i WANT EVERY ONE TO KNOW IT WAS jENNY THAT MADE THE FISRT MOVE!she wants to see the shows continue and does not want to be the reason they fail
    when this all comes together in the next day or so I hope everyone will give Jenny alot of credit for helping save the show right now it all depends on if she can covince
    our other partners to sell out thier shares!
    I give jenny alot of credit for making the primer nats a go, she wants to spend more time with her trophy queen handbags and if we work it out I would ask all of you to help support her company! please look for Jenny and I to post something together on the Hamb tomorrow
    we both feel awfull for how much trouble and pain we caused all our good frieinds in the car scene. Folks tomorrow is going to be a better day thanks for your time! I hope we both fire our lawyers tomorrow Juan

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  14. 54onflr

54onflr
    from Ventura

It was a good show this year! Lots of cars! Not a lot of bombs and billet here. Just plain old school. Been to them all.. Only 5 minutes from the fairgrounds. Its nice to have a good car show close. They better not take it away!

15. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Thank you John... Thread Closed...

16. That's pretty cool news! Good luck to both of you. I agree on firing the lawyers.

I don't think this thread should close. It's been a fair source for information, that just got better. Looking forward to postive posts from John/Jenny tomorrow

17. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

O.k I have one last thing to say GROUCHO FOR PRESIDENT!!
    Jimmy White

18. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Nice one John & Jenny we all look forward to an amicable agreement from you BOTH you can both get on with your lives & be happy with the outcome. We are here for such a short time it sucks to not get along. Long live the Primer Nationals & Trophy Queen .

19. michael_cini

michael_cini

I will second that! My two fave shows too.

20. Lucky444

Lucky444

That's great news. I'm so far out of the loop, I had no idea what was going on or even that you two were connected in any way. All's I know is that my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our first Primer Nats and look forward to our second. Good luck to you both!

21. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I was thinking it should close and they would make a annoucement in its own post...

22. I know. But, a LOT of people are already watching this one.

23. Juan

Juan
    from Ventura

As the world turns

John and Jenny Parker have taken stock of their senses. We are jointly writing this apology to the Hot Rod and Motorcycle communities, our friends and our families. We have completely lost our way during our divorce and only with the love and concerns that people have for our show and ourselves that we have chosen a path that seeks mutual respect and dignity for us both. We ask for forgiveness for what everyone has gone through and we are both embarrassed that things got so out of hand that people felt they had to choose sides. We feel we mutually need to earn back everyone&#8217;s respect and are both dedicated to making the Primer Nationals a success. Hear it from BOTH of us right now Primer Nationals is on in 2010 at the Ventura County Fairground with the hard work and dedication of us both.

John asks that all car clubs to please recognize that his ex-wife Jenny has shown great generosity and has huge concerns about the long term success of the Primer Nationals. They have put their guns and lawyers away and are working on a peaceful transition with the car show. John asks all of you to show compassion to Jenny and her Trophy Queen business. Please support her by purchasing her products and if you run into her, please take a moment to spend with her and thank her for HELPING to guarantee the Primer Nationals will go on with John at the helm.

John and Jenny would personally like to express gratitude and admiration to their friends Jack Rudy and Joe Fazio for rising up and going beyond the call of duty and helping save everyone&#8217;s favorite show and make things right for everyone.

Sincerely,
    John and Jenny Parker

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  24. nut4vintage

nut4vintage

After reading this thread and determined that there will be some difficulty with the original venue.
    I say SCREW THE LAWYERS. Let the bloodsuckers have it and start anew. Let them have "IT WAS GREAT" What happened? The hell with the beauracratic BS!
    Out with the old - In with the new, maybe this a push to move forward. Look at it as an opportunity. VENTURA NATIONALS! The climate is better than Paso Robles and what actually makes the show? The cars, the people, the music, the vendors and those people who work diligently to make it all happen.
    The 45 bucks covers more than what you see. I am sure it covers the facilities, musicians, security, insurance and other city requirements.
    Like everyone else, I really do enjoy the Primer Nats, but if a new venue is the road to take than John look forward to bigger and better. Let the dogs fight for the scraps.

25. Jenny and John,
    I'm really excited that it's gonna work out for the show and that the "sharks" are on the back-burner. Never had bad feelings toward either one of you,regardless what the personal issues were. Just happy to see it's fixed. Looking forward to next years Primer Nats!!!!!

BTW-You guys don't owe anybody an opology for anything! Divorce sucks,always will...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  26. mrdodge

mrdodge

As someone who hasn't been to the Primer Nats yet and hopes to next year, I can only say congrats to both John & Jenny for the work they have done to bring this event to this point. No one has to apologise for their personal issues because they are just that...personal. I say, support the hell out of both of them in both their ventures:D

27. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

looking forward to next year......

28. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

John, even though you won't let me in with my billet wheels (can't afford to switch) I would not miss Primer Nats for nothing. The cars, the people, the atmosphere is superb. HotRodHotLine got my pitcures of your great event and posted them (I even did a YouTube too). I am glad that an understanding has been made in your situation. We would ALL be the losers if the show disapeered. Looking forward to Back To The Beach and PRIMER NATS. Maybe I will find some Moon Disc tocover the billet next time.

29. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

yes it will!!!!
    everyone should give a great big hug and thank you to jenny for making this happin , THANXS JENNY!!! we love ya !!!!
    and a big congratulations to you john , you had me all teary eyed a few hours ago !!!!!

30. John Denich

John Denich

Glad to hear its a go!!!! Hey Alex what was wrong with the Pontiac???