Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seller's remorse?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuckBetty13, Sep 8, 2009.

1. All the time! Sure wish I had my GTA Fairlane back.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: = dishwasher!!!!

3. Hope it was a damn fine dishwasher. :eek:

4. RoyalShifter, you beat me off the line!

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I agree 110% on that statement ... happened to me again & again :( .

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I have the exact opposite problem, I don't usually sell my cars, and then I wind up with no place to put them all. Ten pounds of junk in a two pound bag.:eek:

7. chitle

chitle
    from ventura CA

I don't like selling cars, but I sure like buying them! sell the car and put the money into that cool 50 Plym chop top you have.

8. bonesy

bonesy

I'm with you. I can't tell you how many times I've been sick over selling a car. Hell, I wouldn't have owned it in the first place if I didn't have a soft spot in my heart for it. That said, sometimes you just have to cut bait. Good luck on your decision.

9. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

lol, remorse selling any of the vehicles I've had?
    Try EVERY vehicle I've had...
    (well... maybe not the '91 Integra... Eh, who'm I kidding? Every once in awhile I remember that 'lousy-FWD' car quite fondly)

But the bottom line is you sell something kinda cool
    and get something WAAAYYY COOOLER/more fun;

I believe in upgrades!
    Even if you just sell to "downsize and refocus", that is still an upgrade.

Remember the car fondly, bid it farewell and move on to the next project!

(NOTE: This is coming from a guy who would sell everything else before his long-standing "project car")

10. '65 Dart GT, cool car !!

OK you said you got a call and you might have a buyer for your Dart GT, I guess you put the word out that it was for sale, Did you set a price, did he offer that amount ? what about the rust at the base of the windshield and the bottom of the rear window, and the doors.
    They are cool cars, but you haven't messed with it in 4 yrs, and it's taking up space at your dad's place, and it's not going to stop rusting just because you have a soft spot for it.
    Cover it up. or sell it, do something. If the guy wants it, and is willing to start on it, you'll be doing him and the car a favor and you'll also be freeing up money for other projects.
    Dad will be happy, the buyer will be happy, the car will be happy to get a new lease on life. You'll get over selling the car...or not, but if you keep it and don't work on it then no one will enjoy it.

11. The problem with selling stuff is you soon spend the money and then you dont have anything. Having said that i sold my 3 56 ford 2 dr sedans a55 ford 2dr sedan and a 70 Z28 camaro so we could pay cash for our house. If you need the money for a priority sell it if not it wont hurt to keep it.:cool:OldWolf

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i regret about half of the ones i've sold.
    some more than others.....

13. A hard choice - I know - but whatever you decide will be right. If you really want to keep it you'll find a way. I sold my beloved 39 Ford Deluxe convert, before emigrating to Australia. Man I loved that car, & I think about it all the time, but the money I got for it helped to put a deposit down on our house. And it allowed me to ship out my Pop/Anglia - in my avatar.
    I sold another car I had for 14 years - an 1971 Opel Manta, before emigrating, not HAMB friendly but a great car that I had a lot of fun with. I'd love to have that one back as well...........

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, once you have put your blood sweat and tears into a car its hard to sell it. Still regret letting go every Hot Rod I have sold. They were my children, but then again I would happily sell my children (If I had any) into slavery!
    Doc.

15. Not true! they go up in value every year, as long as it is not rotting into the ground, it will be worth more every year. if you have a place to keep it that won't cost you anything or next to it then keep it! you will regret getting rid of it.

16. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

My biggest regret is selling my FLHR, for those that don't know thats a big ol dressed out Harley Davidson Road King.

17. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

This thread is hitting home with me right now. I have had my (o.t.) 67 Dodge R/T since I was 19. Bought it in Sept. '77. I have recently been considering selling it just because money is tight now, raising 2 kids, lots of medical bills, and it would probably bring enough bucks to pay off my home mortgage. But then again, after 32 years and lots of fun times, it is very hard to do. :(

Attached Files:

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

Jesus, I wish I had some of the stuff I have sold back in my possesion. Think REAL hard before you let it leave.

19. Mooseandsqurl53

Mooseandsqurl53
    from N.J.

I've been on both sides of this situation at the same time. Sold my '49 F-1 to a guy and asked him if he would let me know if he wanted to sell it. He said OK. Hated to sell that truck. Was a good reliable truck that I used daily for 10 years, 6 volts, flathead and all the stock parts. After 14 years, I get a call from this fellow asking if I wanted to buy the truck as he was thinking of selling it. I asked to see it and he told me to come on out. Went out and saw it. Looked as good as the day I sold it to him. A friend of mine had taken the ride out with me and was talking to the guy about Mustangs. Art (the guy I sold the truck to who was now thinking of selling it back to me) comes over and says "Can I tell you something and you won't get angry?" I said "Sure". He says " I can't do it, I can't sell it. After I talked to you on the phone, I took it out of the garage, washed it, took it for a ride and said to myself, What are you, f'in crazy?" To this day, he still owns it, 5 years after that conversation took place. All I can say is follow your first instinct, it's usually the right one.