Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Luggers Car Club, Los Angeles- ??? need info!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GoesLikeStink, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Hello Hambers, I need some historical help.
    I'm doing some research into a vehicle for my friends father. We are trying to recreate the car he owned in the mid 50's as a surprise gift. I have a few pictures of his from back in the 50's. One of the pictures shows a club plaque on the front of the car. The plaque seems to say LUGGERS Los angeles. There is a car in the middle of the plaque, Luggers above, Los Angeles below. The father does not remember much about the club. I want to try eveything possible to find out some history of the club, get a good picture of the club plaque, and hopefully find an old plaque or have one remade.

Any knowledge about this club would be greatly appreciated.

My freinds last name is Toyama and the car was a 1954 Ford Crestline Sunliner, Black with a black convert top. Mr Toyama was a mechanic in LA in the 50's and used to drag the car at Pomona and Santa Ana drags.

The dream is to track down the car if it still exists before building a replica.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have!

Brandon

2. somebody must have heard of this club!

3. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

A book I have (Hot Rods and Custom Car Clubs) by Fred Thomas lists a Luggers car club in North Hollywood, CA but that's all the info I could find on a club with that name.

4. Thanks, Bullet Nose.....it's a start.

Found out the original car was sent to the scrap heap a long time ago.....just trying to find info about the club now.

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

could it be the "juggers"?

[​IMG]