Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How are everyone's Mercury projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Just make sure you brace it up before cutting ANYTHING loose!!!

2. Bob are you doing a whole new frame or just a front subframe?

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

a stocker, i think he plans to throw a disc kit and stuff on it but leaving the og suspension. i was waiting for him to tell me they accidentally rolled it over the hill when pulling the engine out:eek:

Attached Files:

4. 6berry

6berry

heres a pic of mine:

no i didnt forget the picture

5. budhaboy

budhaboy

no worries, I aint cutting up anything or pulling the body off till its fully braced up especially since the floor pans are non-existant- I know I gots a heap of work ahead of me, no point in making more fer me self...
    *sigh* and I still hafta do the ball joints on the daily driver, and a carb rebuild on the secondary daily driver...

Hi Bob, nice to see ya back

6. CathyH

CathyH

Does anyone know where I can buy a floor pan for my '51 Merc? If not, can someone recommend a shop in the Tulsa, OK area that could make and install one?

7. kruizin

kruizin

8. CathyH

CathyH

9. If you buy something from one of the companies I listed in the parts list, please post your experience/findings in that thread in case you have more info.

10. John,
    How's the paint going? Have you tried any test colors?

11. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Drove my '29 A to work today. Put new Firestone (Coker) 7.50-16s on the rear yesterday - it's like a poor man's overdrive - I love 'em

edit - oops this was a merc thread, sorry guys :)

12. We've talked about that really dark 1964 Corvette blue, as a starting point. Everyone has told me not to be impatient, so I'm waiting for him to contact me. But I'll be out of patience Oct 1.

13. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mines stalled. I need to finish the wiring, get it insulated and fix the hood latch. The hood latch is giving me fits and it's not such a big deal. The male portion is bent just enough that the hood won't release and I end up taking the grill out to get the hood open. This is not that convenient.

More time to work would probably make things go faster - but if I finish this project I won't have anything to do (except all of my other unfinished projects).

I'm sure glad there are cars to think about.

14. LOL keep your chin up John:D

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I am having to sell mine....it is in the classifieds....spam spam....did you hear that gunshot?

16. ratster

ratster

mine's on the way out the door too, i'm js bored with it

17. Mine sleeps in primer, and dreams of being driven all over the North side of Chicago, making girls moist and guys sick with envy. As she glides down Clark Street at midnight, her exhaust ricochets off of the walls and for a brief moment, time slows down.

Yep I'm impatient. :)

18. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Should I start yelling at my body guy? I think so.[/QUOTE]

Man I would have yelled at him long ago, by now I would have kidnapped one of his kids to get the job done.

19. FANTM58

FANTM58

I bought this one about a year and a half ago,havent done much since,
    hope to do somethig this winter???

Attached Files:

20. Cool another Merc in Colorado. What are your plans? Did you find it in locally?

21. FANTM58

FANTM58

No I fought it from a co-worker Dad in OMAHA.
    As of now I want to do a few body mods, round corners frenched head lites, some kind of tail treatment,dont know what yet ?
    It came with a 54 DESOTO grill I`ll be using that,I bought a set of 56 Buick hub caps.
    I want the int to be pretty close to period correct as possible,
    It is sitting on a Le Mans frame, I think ?
    probobly go with a SBC because I have a decent one sitting around!
    Some kind of satin paint ?
    A lot of unknown`s til I get into it.
    What part of CO ya from?

22. It looks like a good start. I'm in Centennial

23. Congrats on the purchase, looks like a great car.

24. John, did you redo the headlights? I need to figure out what I'm doing... Do you know if they used original 49/50 Merc bezels to french them back in the day?

25. Ace, there are tons of options, I used the 52-54 Merc/Ford rings to french mine. They did use the original rings and relocate the buckets to the rear of the fender for a mild french.

Attached Files:

26. That looks great. I think it elongates the car a little with the 52 Merc rings.

27. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

mine has 54 rings frenched in.

28. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

How much of a chop is in yours Bob and Ether?