Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustom kitchens

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shubxdan, Sep 6, 2009.

1. shubxdan

shubxdan

Anybody have a kustom kitchen.we want to redo our kitchen with tool cabinets,or shop type cabinets.we found these retro style fridge and stove,but stove is 4 grand and fridge is 3 grand.plus palleting is another 400.so it looks like stainless.let's see some pic's.and how is the quality of car guy garage steel cabinets.

2. TomWar

TomWar

I build Kustom kitchens, but usually you take the old cabinets out and install them in the garage, not the other way around.

3. 73RR

73RR

I saw this done on one of the remodeling shows on cable. It was definately different. Maybe try searching through some of the various shows web sites.

4. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I did cabinet making for a lot of years . The best way in my estimation would be to buy some standard kitchen cabs with slab doors annd have the doors skinned with diamondplate.

Attached Files:

5. synthsis

synthsis

I can only guess you found either Northstar or Big Chill, and man those are pricey. You should look into buying and refurbishing a vintage kitchen set. They're mostly made out of metal so they can be painted just like a car. We just got done installing a mid-50s Geneva kitchen in my house, completely refinished bubble gum pink. Looks great with the vintage Frigidaire Flair stove.

6. shubxdan

shubxdan

I thought about just skinning what i have,and making steel doors.wife and i like the grinder and clear/coat counter top.the chair rail i think i'm going with a rapped stainless tape.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Don't know why but this reminds me of a kitchen redo I worked on with a brushed stainless steet island top. Looked like autopsy table, but the homeowner liked it.