Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried 10 a decade of decadence

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8769, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Chainshot

Chainshot

Get us some pics. I have empty pockets too.

2. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

True. But I shoot sexy girls as a side job. ;)

3. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Fun with tape and primer, Im just sayin'!

4. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Dixie Fried? How about Dixie Blistered!

5. Just got home, 24 beers,8 Bratwurst, 600 miles, two breakdowns, 8lb's lighter on rubber, and a smile on my face you couldn't wipe off with a chainsaw!!!!

GOOD TIME HAD BY ALLL AROUND ME!!!!
    CAN'T WAIT TILL 2010 !!!!!!

any video??????????

6. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

That damn small block was tristed tighter than Dick's hatband over and over....I have a video of the first two burn outs and I have some night shots of the later ones. You my friend are a crazy sum-bitch!!

7. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

8. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

I got pics and some poor quality short video clips of the burn outs. Also got spots on my feet from flying hot rubber. Ahhhh souveniers! I am uploading pics to the bucket now Ill post the link when theyre up.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  9. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

10. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

600 miles from Augusta to Atlanta and back?

11. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Yea, and three chunks of paint off the front fender of my 39 chevy , real nice, not a good place between the cars to do burnouts ........thanks alot.

12. 300 round trip,,,, 300 in the parking lot!!!! = 600 miles!!!!

13. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

awsome meeting some of you guys finally.

14. [​IMG]

15. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Had a great time saw lots of old friends and even made a few new ones, Car shows are the best way to meet all types of people. Theres always a bitch in the crowd but all in all hot rod owners are cool .

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  16. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

As ALWAYS great show, great time, great people, HUGE thanks to all the Road Kings for putting on the show. Even if they didnt bring any cars! LOL! I think this was the best DIXIE yet!!! If you werent there ya MISSED OUT! :D

17. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Good times great people! Nice picture Josh!! Had fun, see y'all next yr.

18. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Note to self"Stay away from things mechanical whilst sporting flip -flops......"

19. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Umm copy my note to self dont walk towards the noisy Henry J barefooted whilst it is doing a burn out!!!

20. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Thank's Tudor for the great pic's .....and Thank's to the Road Kings i agree this was the best show yet looking forward to next year......

21. StrickV8

StrickV8

Hats off to the Road Kings for putting on another great Dixie Fried! We'll see ya next year...

22. 8769

from kennesaw

Just want to say a great big thank you from all of the Road Kings to everyone who made it out. We didn't really know what to expect and were shocked with the turnout. We printed 200 registration stickers thinking this would be plenty, we ran out.

The Drive In told us that Dixie Fried will always have a home at the Drive Invasion. The only question is if it will be a one or two day show in the future.

I hope everyone had a great time and will make it out next year for DF11.

Troy

23. 8769

from kennesaw

now for the part I don't like.

1. There was a lot of disrespect to people's cars. I'm surprised I have to say this but IF IT IS NOT YOUR CAR DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT. This includes setting your empty beer on it, your ass on it, or any other part of your body on any part of the car.

2. Our trophies are based on the honor system. It's hard to meet the owners of all the cars so we have to take you at your word that you are the car's owner. This year the asshat who won longest haul was a liar. If you see someone with the DF10 longest haul award be sure to call them on it. Also the best custom award didn't make it to the correct owner. I know the guy who won is on here so I just want to say sorry for the troubles at the show.

3. Stewed you need to work it out with 39chevykustom if you damaged his car doing burnouts. We stopped the burnout comp a few years ago out of respect to the people who were killed in tenn. It says it in the packet you agreed to when you payed your entance fee. I just want to know if you were placing all that trust in that line lock before or after your 24 beers.
    Drag strip = safe place to do burnouts
    car show parking lot with about 6feet of room between cars = unsafe place to do burnouts.

39chevy kustom - are you sure the damage was done by the burnouts? I walked past your car when you were talking to one of your friends. I think your exact words were "you've probably never seen my car so dirty" this made me look at your car it looked like a few bugs had been hit on the front end on the way to the show. If your sure it was from the burnouts work it out with stewed.

T

24. Thanks again to the Road Kings and the staff at the Starlight. The F-bombs had a blast and we'll be back. We made it back to Tampa in about 7 hours. Dallas was pushing the 235 pretty hard.

25. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

The best Dixie Fried yet,...................................well what I remember of it!

26. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

I'm kicking my butt for staying home and shoring up an unsafe deck. The show sounds like a MUCH better deal!

27. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I had started a sperate thread, but I'll say it here also. Thanks again for all the work you and the guy's do to put this event on. We appreciate your effort and enjoy the fruits of you labor. :)

28. Great show!
    Thanks for all the hard work the Road Kings do.
    Can't wait for next year.
    Brett.

29. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

Thanks Road Kings. I attended #8 when it was in the upper lot and I can say this year was much better. Good job confining and parking the cars. The stages for the music were more intimate and gave the whole thing a more home town, party feel. My only criticism would be that you guys had the sun on too high. I guess it's a whole lot better than rain. We'll be back. And that gray chopped Chevy is the shit.

30. Troy,
    First of all I would like to say I appreciate the work you ALL did and know it is a huge undertaking. THANKS!!

Second, Apoligy accepted about the Best Custom trophy. I really hated to feal like I was bothering you all even though everyone told me to come back over and over to see if it showed up. It never did and what a bummer. The bag of goodies was cool but for someone to lift a trophy is insane. Worked a good bit to get the Merc to Dixie Fried 10, its first outing, and to get the recognition and responce it got was "priceless".

Thanks again to the Road Kings and congrats on anouther succesfull Dixie Fried!

Chad (ETHER)