Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heyitsnate, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Can this go in Tech o Matic so we can just refer people there next time?

2. CP reminds me of a guy (Marshal) out of Chicago that`s
    allways on E-Bay selling Triumph bike parts.
    There are more posts on the Britt bike forums bitching
    about what a lowlife thief the guy is,then their is on
    Amal carbs.
    Why the FU&K do they keep dealing with him?
    Some defend him that bought parts from him at swap meets
    but most are screamin how he screws them and won`t talk
    to them over the phone.Moral is if you must deal with Charley(or Marshal)it better be cash and carry.

Buyer Beware!

Good Luck..JR

3. That shit about building a house is funny. I'll have to remember that one.

Sam

4. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

I tried to contact him several years ago about carb parts or rebuilding mine. No answer, no email reply, no this, no that. Finally I got him on the phone; he apologized, and said he had been hit by three or four (I forget which) hurricanes in one summer and was pretty messed up. Might be the reason for the decline...
    Fearless

5. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Why has a 5 year old thread been brought up from the dead? Looks like he hasn't gotten any better.

6. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

He is probably the worst person I have ever dealt with besides Stockton Wheel.

7 months for a 3 x 2 setup for a SBC......

If anybody could afford to compete with him and do a good job, he would be out of business in 6 months.

And yes, his wife is a bitch on the phone.

7. chuckbob

chuckbob

Hey guys, thanks for all the info on VS. I was just getting ready to order from them. You all saved me some money and aggravation too. Dealing with poor quality goods and poor customer service just makes me Kirk Out. You all are the best. :D

8. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Funny you should mention Marshal! Did cash and carry with him, walked into his store and bought stainless valves for one of my Trumps about five years ago. Came home to Phoenix, and they were the wrong size (by allot), after the third call he stopped answering 602 numbers! Oh well live and learn, only cost me a hundred! Sorry, that was O/T.

10. greyone

greyone

BBQ? I forgot all about that! (Iguess he did too!) WTF???

11. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

It is typical for people to post only negative stories. I do it too! If a purchase goes as expected, no one says a thing. Usually only people with bad experiences post which can lead to a skewed vision.

I ordered a few hundred dollars of parts from Vintage Speed and they arrived as expected with no issues. I will order from VS again.

Mike

12. 21tat

21tat

Ever heard the saying, "There's a sucker born every minute"? Sometimes it's just a matter of doing some research before making your decision to purchase. Do your research. It's not that hard.

13. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

My experience with Charley was great,, It was 2 Years ago. 3 x 2 Chevy, Up front he stated 6 mo wait time , I was in the middle of the build any ways, so i waited and I was and still happy . He asked a few questions on the motor for set up , I put the car on a dyno right after I installed it and the numbers were perfict .

14. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Thats right do your homework This is one of the ways. Find the happy ones and find the pissed off ones. Maybe moere happy customers posting here would help with decisions. I am glad you are a happy one. At least we find oput how busy he is and maybe what to expect from him.

15. rodncustom

rodncustom

They do...Larry Fulton at Automotion. www.hotrodcarbs.com. He is, IMO, the best!

This set up was a true bolt on, fire up, and go. No issues, no tuning, just perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

Bought a 2x2 Vintage speed adapter off ebay,came quick,put it on and works just find...........

17. D Wright

D Wright

Two months ago I ordered a tri power setup from Charlie for my roadster. He asked the right questions, and delivered the correct product in the time quoted (4 weeks). It bolted on and set up/tuned exactly as designed. It runs great and looks great.

I've spoken to him and his wife multiple times and they have been both kind and accommodating.

For whatever reason some of you may have had problems, I suspect from your attitudes and name calling that you might have brought it upon yourselves.

If you know everything, you can't be told anything.

-Denny

Attached Files:

18. 5window

5window

That one post by a guy with one post on a thread that's 11, no really 16, years old. Good for you, but we're going to need a bit more verification before we discount testimony and experience form a bunch of well known HAMBers. I hope you're right. Post an intro, and welcome to the HAMB

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  19. D Wright

D Wright

Thx Red,

I'm not suggesting anyone discount another's opinions (they are only opinions though, as testimony is for courtrooms). I am demonstrating through very recent personal experience that he is still in business while nearly all of his detractors are not (Northwest Speed, etc.) and my experience was perfect.

Yes, old thread... and 16 years later, Vintage Speed is still in business and my excellent experience suggests why.

I'm not sure what you meant but, I don't need to verify anything. Being "well known" does not make a person right or wrong, only well known. Many well known folks make mistakes too.

Please make your own choices on what you purchase and whom you purchase from.

My experience with Charlie Price and Vintage Speed was perfect in every way.

-Denny

20. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on your successful purchase.:) Even a blind robin gets a worm once in a while.

Tman and Max Gearhead like this.
  21. D Wright

D Wright

So... now I'm blind too, awesome.

22. Yeah no, I have seen enough pissed off buyers from CP in the last 20 years that I will take a pass on doing business with him.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  23. alchemy

alchemy

It seems like D Wright is the only guy to get a good product out of Charlie Price in the last 16 years. I hope his coupster gives him many miles of trouble-free fun.

Max Gearhead and Tman like this.
  24. D Wright

D Wright

Very impressive gentlemen.

I simply tell you of my own personal experience with a product and service, and the result is smart ass and ignorant retorts.

I don't know anything about Vintage Speed except for my own very recent experience and what I have read here.

I'm not trying to convince you to buy anything from anyone.

I was only sharing my experience.

As a new member I have to wonder if this is actually an open forum or a place where you expect everyone to have the same experience as yourselves?

25. alchemy

alchemy

Nope, we welcome anyone's experiences. But we also hate for our members to be "taken". So when an unknown person shows up and his first post is how wonderful a scumbag is, we are kinda skeptical and want to make sure that anyone in the future who might dig up this ancient thread is fully informed.

tubman likes this.
  26. D Wright

D Wright

Thx for recognizing the coupster. Seems you may have jumped to a poor conclusion because of the hate you describe. As I stated, the thread is old but relevant. I just had my experience with Vintage Speed. I made no indication of him being a wonderful scumbag, I only said they were pleasant to me and provided good service with their product. Skeptical people ask questions. Hateful people tend to say hateful shit.

27. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Not sure what kind of a reception you were expecting......with these comments. Seems you could have offered your positive experience without your attempted schooling of members here on your suspicions as to why they had difficulties with this vendor. Are you related to Charlie? Could the member with an attitude here possibly be you?

28. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Don't worry about it. Posters on the HAMB go from expert to excrement without notice.

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Glad you had a favorable experience.
    There has been history over the years of deals not quite so favorable.
    Hateful people don't start out hateful - usually unpleasant experiences tend to sour people is more like it.

This is a completely open forum until members start bitching and attacking each other - then we tone it down and refocus on the subject at hand - Traditional Hot Rods and Custom Cars prior to 1965.

BTW - I've known Jeff - Alchemy for a long time and Jeff is not the hateful type.
    He shares his experiences with all - good or bad.

Again - glad you had a favorable experience

5window, lothiandon1940 and D Wright like this.
  30. D Wright

D Wright

Really? What I expected is to find answers to things like, why I would have such a great experience yet this wonderful scumbag has remained in business with so many disappointed customers for all of these years? Did I get lucky? Has someone else taken up his business? We'll never know because so many here are too butt hurt to be able to talk about it without taking offense.

I rolled the dice on my purchase both because this thread was so old and because the old guy hooked me up with exactly what I needed, and mine was a special case. I got this car with no history and it had been set up with a cheater tri power system. The dumper carbs were fakes with plates underneath the bodies. There were many things to consider getting it back to legit operating tri power. I didn't have the option to properly ID the cam and max intake vacuum was about 10 or 11. It was a tri power noob and he helped me get it right.

These are pics of old and new setups.

You guys are a bunch of jerks.

20200517_154421.jpg

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.