Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Colorado Hambers do the Golden cruise?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Sep 3, 2009.

1. metalman

metalman

Going to Denver to see my brother this weekend. He said I should bring one of my cars and do the cruise night in Golden. Since I'm going up anyway is the show worth bringing a car 450 miles for? Any other car events going on this weekend in or around Denver?

2. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

Yeah, it's a good time a couple more shows is Shifters on Saturday also at 2pm, piflers west colfax on monday and another way up north monday also, so a good weekend to crusie and show off your ride.

B.coupe

3. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

4. 40studedude does I believe. He has posted pics before.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, I do...the Golden Cruise usually pulls in about 500 cars...but this time King Soopers grocery has warned people that their parking lot, next to the Sonic drive-in, is for "customers"...and they will tow cars (they had a few "normal" cars towed last month cuz they were parked in the loading area and the delivery semi couldn't deliver his load)...seems the Kings lot gets packed with hot rods and everyone simply hangs out...

Should be an interesting 'cruise' this time with no place to park...better get there early...

R-

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  6. colorado51

colorado51

http://www.goldensupercruise.com/

As B.coupe said, there is a lot of stuff going on this weekend.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Oh...and there is the Paint n' Primer event in Fountain, CO on Sunday, Sept. 6th from 10-4...it's a "no billet" event catering to whitewalls, kustoms and very trad rods...if you've got billet wheels or billet stuff on your open engine, don't bother to show up, you will be turned away...call Dave at 719-331-5288 if you've got ???? .

R-

8. metalman

metalman

Billet? What's billet? OK, sounds like it's worth it. Might try to get to the Fountain thing Sunday, depends on what the family has planned + I'm staying in Longmont, be a bit out of the way. If any of you see a scalloped 61 Olds with NM tags, stop and say hey!

9. metalman

metalman

Where is the Shifter's show on Saterday?

10. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

The Golden cruise has a large turn out and lots to see, Coys Swap @ Bandimere is usually pretty big. Shifters show is at 58th & Quebec starting at 2:00pm. Could be a full day of car events. Driving your ride up 285 is worth it on any day & if you go thru Alamosa, there is the labor Day run. It's your call.

11. I always like Golden. Great time & its close to home for me, we'll be there.

12. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Golden is a good show - lots to see and friendly people.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I wouldn't call it a "show"...it's not an organized event...it's basically wheeled chaos on the streets of Golden...most people go to park in the business lots and watch than cruise...

R-

14. 1931av8

1931av8

I looked everywhere and can't find my flyer on the Paint n' Primer. Looks like Dave hasn't posted any information. Any chance that somebody has a copy that they can post? Trying to figure out how to do this while supposedly visiting my mother-in-law at the same time! :eek:

15. HD74

HD74

I'll be there and this will be my first Golden cruise, see ya there.

16. 1931av8

1931av8

No sooner do I ask...and I find the f...ing thing:
    [​IMG]

Hope to see some of you guys there. Also means I get a family duty reprieve!

17. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

I have made this trip from dallas and its my favorite event each year along with ft worth good guys . If billet and post 64 is an issue then i wouldnt recomend golden, its just a real good bunch of car folks that do a cruise and get togeather .I went to the sept meet and the drag strip swap meet and just had a blast . one thing i never see in dallas is a 41 willys gasser a 60s falcon gasser along with a blown hemi challenger and thunder bolt in one picture .c:)

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I think you're confusing two different events there, 3in1...there's tons of post '64 stuff at the Golden cruise AND plenty of billet cruisers...

It's the Paint n' Primer event that does not accept billet or late model street machines...dig...???

R-

19. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

I think you need to reread my post . im saying that if 64 and later is an issue then you wouldnt like golden ya DIG .c:)

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, OK...I think...

R-

21. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

Summit Square 84th and federal free event for everyone, 10am to 2pm. "Great Labor day Extavaganza"

22. 1931av8

1931av8

LMAO :D I reread it also...:eek:

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Saturday, Sunday or Monday...???

R-

24. dartracer

dartracer

The cruise is a good time. The swap meet is on the 12th this year.

25. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

sorry, Monday.

26. colorado51

colorado51

I'll be stopping by this one for sure. :D

27. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

The Paint Primer is a good time if you can make, a bunch of buddies are goin there. Im going to try to make it, but Sunday I have to take my girlfriend back up to Golden for school, as she had an emergency appendectomy on Wednesday. I was originally plannin on going up there to see her at school and check out the cruise on Saturday but...life happens.

28. metalman

metalman

Well gotta tell ya, you Colorado guys know how to have fun! I had a great time at the Golden cruise, have'nt done anything like that in years. Only downside was my Olds let me down, guess it got warm enough going up the hill too build enough pressure to pop the heater core. Just left it in a parking lot and hopped into the back seat of my brothers Rambler wagon and kept cruis'n. Lot's of friendly folks out here. Can't wait to come back and do it again!