Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wild Fires inn SoCal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Sep 3, 2009.

1. I hope this isn't a redundant post but hope all are Okay in the
    Station fire zone. Those hills are where I used to live so I'm worried for my former neighbors from end to end. Prayers for those effected.

Got a story? Report in. ( or steer me to a related post...)

God's speed.

2. O.K. Guess everyones alright then?

3. Well its not really affecting me besides the ash and breathing shitty air but california air on a normal day isnt all that great either. Its not too close to me but i can see it burning at night. Its pretty crazy.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

living with this has to be a complete drag..
    i feel for ya..
    I know one time of dealing with that , I would be outa there

6. :(Got a call today around noon and our strike team was on it's way back home.(5 engines) Told 50% contained and estimated 70% by tommorow.Who knows what the wind will bring. Should be leaving to inspect all equipment(post inspection) shortly.It does'nt look pretty down there.

7. Trumped

Trumped

I took this photo a couple of years ago after the fires burned in the Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear areas. This was my real first understanding of what wild fire will do. i got out of my car and looked at this house. The ONLY thing recognizable was the cast iron kitchen sink. Everything else burned beyond recognition. Fire is a powerful thing.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

that impala looks pretty good on the ground though! ahahaha! I'm awaiting a call from my buddy slim to see if his house made it in yucaipa. I suspect it was fine, but he was outta there to be safe.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got a few cell phone photos from my daughter who took them as she drove through it on some interstate, she said it was like driving through Hell. Thoughts and prayers going out to those in the area.

10. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

I'm in Oceanside right now, it LOOKED like it was burning to the east, or on the east side of MCB Pendleton this afternoon when we were leaving.

Don't remember enough geography of the area to know what's out that way.

11. Nice to hear some good news. God bless the fire fighters.
    I heard they sent guys from Rampart dev. (Los Angeles) and they don't
    usually deal with brush fires. Stay safe and thanks for what you do!

12. Yeah from what i hear its a but better. Hope it dies down soon.

13. Retrorod

Retrorod

This is the first day in a week that the air doesn't look too bad, I see blue sky. The ash-fall is still happening, it looks like a light snow fell on my black car yesterday....today it's much better.