Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Alberta Hambers!! Time to pull your socks up!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Myself
    Jalopy Kid
    (Lee)
    "Pariodperfect" (Matt)
    rocket lady 88 (Cassie)
    Gearhead614 (Mike?)
    0rg0 (John)
    FatDave (I think his name is Dave)
    plodge55aqua
    james1savage
    (your on the list, like it or not!)
    NORTH30FORD (Peter)
    Delmo (Congrats, you made the list!)
    George G (George and Gavin)
    "Ted the Rock and Roll Mechanic"

2. I will buy for graham and graham only!! The rest must fend for yourselves!!

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Alright, free meal!

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Anyone else? Did I mention how awesome their Monte Cristo sandwich is...

5. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Stuck near Innisfail that day having copious amounts of alcohol forced into me by a bevvy of near naked young women so it was a hard decision but i'll have to pass

6. KC

KC
    from Calgary

I would love to join you boys on the 12th but my Wife had made dinner plans for her family to come over a month ago.

Hope you all have a blast!

Kris

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Bring the family!

8. Let's go there instead.

9. brad2v

brad2v

Depending how late you all will be there, I may be able to make it in the evening.

10. KC

KC
    from Calgary

Her uncle has a 66 Fairlane, and her Dad is a old school striper, but I don't see the Wives thinking the same as us lol

Can always check though.

11. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I'm not sure how late this will go?? This is the first one, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing after we've all ate and BS'd for a bit.

Always worth a shot man!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  12. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I think it will be a nice drive up there to meet you all..

13. So tonight the rest of the Clutch Poppers and myself tore down the sledsel engine... It's not going to be making an appearance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

15. cactus zach

cactus zach

wats the age limit on vehicals i just dont want to bring the 75 F100 and be out of place
    but on that note its the only machine that i have that still runs lol

p.s. sorry on the late response comp has been down for a while also lol were is the meet?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Bummer Lee. NOW do you want my very generous offer of $2000? haha

Zach, it's @ the Queen Diner. Located in the Burnt Lake Industrial Park here in Red Deer.

Drive whatever you wish, theres no criteria for the meet. It's just a chance to get together with other HAMB members over a burger.

A little over a week away, I'm looking forward to it!

17. For all the Calgary guys heading up there, I think we should meet somewhere in the north and convoy up there? Peter's suggestion of the 2A sounds like a good idea to me. I'm 55mph tops.

What does everyone think of meeting up at Deerfoot Mall at 9am? Any other location a better idea? Gives us a chance to meet everyone, sip a java, and then head'r north.

On a side note, was over at Peter's last night for his pizza-night with the Rollers. The Diablos showed up as well, about 15-20 GREAT cars. I didn't get any pics but hopefully some will make it on here. Thanks again for the fan Peter!

Maybe make this a roll-call for all those here in Calgary that want to head up there....so we have an idea how many to expect next Saturday morning.

18. I'd love to graham, but I cant sell you this old clunker,, not for that much, i mean it doesnt even run...., and the heater doesnt work, nor the wipers. No Graham, this is not a good car for you....
    On another note, I think I found a 68 Mercury wagon with a rebuilt 390 for $1000. 390 should just drop in, however the extra $1000 hasnt seemed to drop into my spending pocket....

19. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

You know me, I like a challenge. And I like over-paying for stuff, so if I were you I would take the money and run! Don't be a fool, Lee. That Edsel is worth hardly more than scrap prices now :p

20. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

21. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Id be in for a 9am run up there with you all. deerfoot sounds like a good spot

22. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

I'm in for 9:00 at Deerfoot Mall.

Mike, we should be cruising throw Carstairs about 10ish if you want to hook-up with us?

May I suggest we head up the Queen E2, then hop unto the 2A just after Crossfield. Head up to through Carstairs and Olds on the 2A. Hop back on the Queen just before Bowden. Then back on the 2A at Innisfal up the Red Deer. Any thoughts?

Peter

23. That route sounds good to me.

24. How about the Edmonton folks? Flying J in Nisku? at 9? My model A runs nice around 60mph

25. cactus zach

cactus zach

9 is cool for me wat day tho? cuz i have a wedding coming up as well

26. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Anyone Wanna convoy with me from the 32 st. overpass? Probably take me...6, maybe 7 minutes to get there. Geeze what a long haul! The things I do for a burger!

27. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

12th of September

28. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I just talked to Scott on the phone and he said that the Antique Auto Club of wherever is also booked for the same day, but he believes they will be there in the AM and gone before we get there. So, as far as he knows we are STILL A GO he just wants me to touch base with him Monday in case any issues arise.

So, Looking forward to seeing you guys next saturday! Don't forget that he is hostin a DRIVE IN MOVIE the night before at the same location, so anyone looking for something to do on the night before, the movie is an option!

29. George G

George G

Yep. Where is the Flying J though?? I didn't find it on Google maps.

30. George G

George G

Duh.... Found it. See you there at 9:00 am sharp!

I'll be the guy in the hot rod.