Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. The Torpedo

The Torpedo

Greetings from VA, had to register here after lurking for a while. I've been into anything with an engine since I was 10 years old. Have owned some cool and odd stuff, '62 Falcon wagon, '69 Newport, '72 Fury, '63 Fairlane 2dr ht, '71 F-100. Then I got detoured in the late 80's-early 90's european world for a long-ass time. VWs, Volvos, BMWs. After getting stale with them, I picked up a '61 Econoline . No wondows on the side or back...(ehh, rapemobile?) It's rough-looking, but it runs and drives. Someone put a later 200ci in at some point in time. Going to get it mechanically perfect and drive it everywhere.

60's vans and station wagons have always stuck out to me for some reason. My dad drove nothing but VW vans back in the day, he played drums in a band, so vans were the obvious choice. He still had them when I was growing up, so much of my playtime was spent in the vans. I also have memories of my dad getting picked up for work each morning in a 60s Econoline. When you are 5 or 6 years old, the front of a van like that is really interesting and really makes an impression!

So I'm looking forward to hanging out online with a bunch of down to earth motorheads, thanks for having me.

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Yeah from Jersey. Welcome.

3. fordman

fordman
    from Wylie, TX

Also from Jersey But now living in TX
    welcome
    Got photos?

4. The Torpedo

The Torpedo

I'm not showing the van to anyone until I get new wheels for it. They current rollers don't belong on it for several hundred different reasons, it's just how I bought it.

Anyone have a set? This is what I'm looking for:
    -5 x 4.5 bolt pattern
    -15x8" would be ideal
    -steel
    -zero or negative offset

Something like baby-moon or rallye wheels.
    Since eBay has turned into a toilet that flushes upwards, I will be asking around...