Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pic request Brian Setzers green roadster - on a mountain pass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Adam F, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Adam F

Adam F

Hey All,
    I am trying to locate a picture that was posted of a green roadster ( I think it was Brian Setzers old car before its roll over). From memory the pic is of the car sitting at a lookout ( maybee in NV somewhere?)

Have spent all morning looking with no luck!

Cheers
    Adam F

2. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

how about this one

Attached Files:

• 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

nice car, , , i'd prefer it without the flames though. .the color rocks too!

4. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

He has a wicked coupe in Minneapolis. Kinda copper colored. Saw it in an inflight mag.

5. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

random question....

would you rather have that car, or be able to play guitar like him?

6. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

That car was built here in Milwaukee by a fella named Brian Schimmre. Around 1994-1995 or so.
    It was sold and the subsequent owner put some diamond plate flooring in it but made the car definitely more road worthy.

When it was sold It had developed a little story with it that it was an original hot rod .. the ususal BS... but it was one of the first built hot rods from one of the somewhat younger guys here in Milwaukee IN a LONG time.

I was in the car for the initial shakedown run. Had as nice 327 in it set back into the cowl and the 32 body was set on top of a model a frame. My brother and I saw the car being built over the course of a summer or so in a two car garage .

The whole floor support was 1/4 and 1/2 inch square tubing triangulated and the body I believe was welded to the frame.

Last I heard it was destroyed in Europe.

7. Spooky

Spooky

Rollover??

Whuh-Happened?

8. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Seeing is I know the car ... Definitely rather be able to play like him.
    You can always build a hot rod. But that guys skill is "Something Else".

Pun Intended..

Rome

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its an OK car but if I could play like Setzer I would have all the money I needed to build what I realy want!
    Doc.

10. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

^^^i thought i took money and talent?

11. rustbucket65

rustbucket65

I saw his X-Mas show a few years back and they had a few cars on display next to all the swag. He definitely puts on an awesome show. Definitely would like to be able to play guitar like he can.

12. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

me too. If you haven't heard "Something's Wrong With my Radio", you should take a listen....

13. Denise posted this accident in Norway a few months ago.........

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258964&highlight=roadster+roll+over

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; WIDTH: 573px; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->From what I read the guy was thrown from the roadster. He's injured but to what extent don't know. Anyone able to read Norwegian?

[​IMG]

Is the current owner a HAMB guy? I guess the past owner was Brian Setzer.
    [​IMG]

http://tb.no/article/20080418/NYHETE...4/1011/NYHETER

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  14. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

I can't read it but my computer can...

STOKKE: A 52 year-old man was at 20.15 o'clock on Friday evening carried away in the helicopter ambulance after running off the road by Melsomvik.
    [​IMG] Lars Larssen Døvle

The man was flown to Ullevål hospital. Friday, he was under intensive care for serious violations of injuries in the chest. The condition described as stable.

The accident was reported to police at. 19.20 from the CP-center. The man, who lives nearby, came running up Storevarveien from Melsomvik in his vintage car, a Ford Roadster 1930 model.

About halfway up the hill towards Master BuilderLittle Hill went wrong. Both the man's own explanation and wheel tracks at the site suggest that he first got a swing to the left, then right, before the car went into the ditch and landed upside down.

The man, who had no seat belt, was thrown out of the car, and thus avoided ending up under it.

According to operations manager in January Birger Stout at the Vestfold Police District is the veteran model is not normally equipped with seat belts.

There was a smell of gasoline in an accident, and then fire people came to, they chose therefore to foam add the wreck. The traffic would be routed past the scene of an accident some time, but there was never queues of significance.

15. HELLMET

HELLMET

is that a 30-31 coupster? just wondering.

16. mcisneros

mcisneros

i pinstriped that thing for joe from the lifters from here in san diego... it was probably 2002... he mentioned brian setzer bought it for his son....

17. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

That's what it looks like to me.

18. MarkT

MarkT

Wow...the power of the HAMB...the life and death of a roadster in 20 posts!... But did it ever get rebuilt? Did the guy recover? We need a happy ending!?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  19. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Play guitar like him fer sure................then you could afford any car !!

20. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

I like it nice simple basic ,,neat lil car

21. guitar for sure

22. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Yeah .... MY bad. Sorry bout that, a 30 coupester.

I do remember he wanted the door hinges blended like some of the old 32's (Tony la Masa).

Even though the doors are apparent I do believe they were welded shut. It had a 58 impala dash or maybe an oldsmobile. I do remember the dash was of that kind though.

The car was VERY stiffly sprung and had a short wheelbase.

Rome

23. Kerry67

Kerry67

Right....I would rather be able to play like him. I have been playing guitar for thirty years and have just started taking lessons again to learn Setzer's style. The guy is flat out amazing. Who else from the cheezy early 80's MTV scene is still out kicking ass the way he is? Nobody. Setzer is the best out there in my opinion.

24. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

BRIAN Schemmeres HOT ROD!!!!
    That car was built in Milwaukee, WI! Just like my bro tells it. As a matter of fact the dude that built it was at Cheaterama this past weekend. The dash was actually out of a 1957/58 Ford, it was a wrap around style, doors welded shut, channeled.
    The dude that the builder sold it to sold it to a cat in California, but I guess he advertised it as a1932 Ford Roadster (I due believe that was the title the original owner.builder used to register it here in Milwaukee so that's what followed the car.) As can be expected the new California owners (at the time) where reported to be not too happy.
    It's kinda funny how so many fake history stories follow some of the cars that are out there.
    The car was very inspirational to myself as a young impressionable youth at the time it was constructed, My brother (CheaterRome) I think went to school w/Brian, I would skate over to his parents garage (that's where the car was built, on KK Ave. like 3 doors down from the old Kohls for those Milwaukee guys reading this) & ask all the normal questions & help out when he needed it.
    Anyway, between Cheater Romes post & mine that's the true history of this roadster.
    The HAMB is magic when it comes to stuff like this.
    I have some pictures of the car in front of my parents house circa 1996, I'll see if I can find them & post them.
    P.S. Personnaly I'd rather have the skill & knowledge to build a car than play the guitar.
    Love,
    Cheatercarl

25. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Joe from San Diego...Badfella is the one who sold it to Brian Setzer...

26. HELLMET

HELLMET

What does a car like that go for? Not being a real roadster and not even being a 32. Cool car has good look eye catching nice driver. Billy

27. Kerry67

Kerry67

The question was not if you would rather have the skill & knowledge to build the car or play guitar, it was if you would rather have the car or his ability to play guitar.

28. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

You dudes ready for this.....

That car sold for $6,500. to it's 2nd owner (the guy who would then sell it to the 1st California owner).
    That was in about 1998 or 1999, I forget, but that's what it went for.
    The 2nd owner gayed up the dash w/diamond plate, put an IDIDOT steering column in it, tightend up some ohter mechanicals & then boom sold it to sunny CA!
    I dunno what those cats paid for it, but what ever right.

Sorry I misunderstood the guitar thing, I'm not a strong reader, but I can lift heavy stuff really good!

Love,
    Cheatercarl

29. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Thanks for the clarification Kerry.....hands down, the ability to rock the axe!

With all due respect, knowing now what I did not know then, that car (at least when Brian from Milwaukee finished it) was less than safe, poorley engineered you could say, but that was only due to lack of experience, not effort. Brian did the best he could w/what he knew.

So sign me up for instant guitar cred cuz I already got a nice hot rod.

Love Carl of the cheaters

30. J.Royseth

J.Royseth
    from Norway

It has been rather quiet about that car here in Norway after the accident. Latest rumor I heard was that the owner would have to pay full tax for the car as if it was a new car,because it was discovered that it had a new-built frame,and not an old original one.
    The frame is considered as the identity of a car,-as most other places I guess.-and you are not allowed to replace it with a new one.:(

As an example of carprices in Norway,-a new Ford Mustang will cost me about 1 million Nkr. In Sweden it is about 1/3 of the Norwegian price.:mad:

Exchange rate is 6 Nkr. - 1$