Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA Kzoo Meet & Greet Saturday Sept 12th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Sep 1, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Per usual the RRT will have their BBQ trailer on the grounds during the Nats in Kzoo next weekend. How about a noon Meet & Greet on Saturday Sept 12th at the trailer which will be located in the same spot it always is, in red on the map below. Lunch will be served shortly after the meet and greet so feel free to stick around afterwards.

Basicly feel free to stop by the encampment anytime, especially meal time:D , as there is always something on the grill and lots of RRT and HAMB folks milling around. Don't forget to bring a chair if you want to sit under the shade and relax abit with like minded folks. There will be both a HAMB banner and RRT flag so the spot is easy to find....plus Big Olds will be close by.

Also, breakfast is cooked at the trailer Sunday morning 9am or so, stop by if your hungry.

[​IMG]

The RRT BBQ trailer is the very first thing I ever welded while I was learning.....and it's still together.:D

Roll call......who's attending and whatcha bringing.......post photo :cool:
    Big Olds, for those that don't know what I will be driving there.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. millersgarage

millersgarage

I'll be at the show, I'll try and stop by to meet a few of you in person.

autorama 035.jpg

not trying to brag with this photo---I was using one that had both me and the car in it. ;)

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

sorry if this is a dumb question.....what's RRT?

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Rounding Roundtable, kinda a G rated version of the RRT. Many members on both boards.

5. troylee

troylee

I will be there fri all day. Lookin for swap meet gold. I will slide in and say hey and steel a cookie.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Small group going this year??? ;)

7. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Also keep in mind the the Funny Car Nationals is going on right up the road at US 131 Martin dragway that Saturday afternoon/night. Is a great show with lot's of hot rods, gassers front engine dragster's and the funny car's. So, If anyone get's bored at the car show/swap meet. Ftroop and I will be there running The Doran Chevrolet funny car. We will be at Kzoo on Friday till noon then heading to the Gilmore Museum for the "1/4 mile at a time " drag racing display then off to the track. Hope to meet some HAMB'ers at some point that weekend. Todd.

8. millersgarage

millersgarage

mmmmm..............cookies...............

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Could be just me and you and a whole batch of coookies huh?:D

10. Chris 50

Chris 50

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I'll be trying to finish up a big flooring project at the house that weekend and won't be attending, but can I say, this is the most beautiful picture of Big Olds that I have ever seen. Did you take that Denise?

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I did not, my pal Mike Hamilton from CA, Buick59, took it one evening while we were out at B'ville during Speed Week. It's now my most favorite as well and is my wallpaper on my desktop at work, home and my laptop. I can't stoplooking at it. He certainly worked his magic.

Gonna miss you next weekend. What about the rest of your posse?

12. cooljunk

cooljunk

Will be running the Falcon at the Funny Car Nationals
    [​IMG]

13. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I will try and get there. Need to find money to renew NSRA mambership first though:(

14. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

I'm sorry to say that I won't be in attendance this year. It's been such a drill with all of these home repairs going on. Sean graduated from HS and is going to college this fall and is living at my place in GR. We've been doing some changes in the upstairs windows and replumbing the house. And "'Da Boss" has kept me busy with work on her farm house's added on in 1950 bathroom. Had some real poor workmanship to deal with but I'm gaining on it.

Taking that weekend off and going to enjoy the music at the Wheatland Music Festival in Remus, MI. I don't know if Red LeClear, aka Red's 29 will be in attendance this year.

To be 100% truthful I think my tent might even be dried out now from last year's monsoon....

Have fun everybody!

Mark aka Abonecoupe31

15. 27Oakland

27Oakland

The missus and I will be there in this ol heap. Lookin forward to catching up with you and the RRT folks.[​IMG]

16. As usual All weekend inspecting on Friday....in see ay there!

Attached Files:

17. 416Ford

416Ford

Friday for the swap meet for sure, not sure on Saturday yet.
    Have not figured out what I'm bringing yet. Won't know until I get there.

Attached Files:

18. Chris 50

Chris 50

The usual group of Vintage Tin characters will be there. I'm pretty sure Cadillac Bob is heading up in the Lincoln with our good friend Jason. Also, I think the "other" Berto will be up in my old So-Cal truck in the car corral.

19. Cadillac Bob

Cadillac Bob
    from The Region

Yea, I'll be heading up if I don't flake out.

I'll keep an eye out for ya.

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I went last year, too much damn rain.

21. I'll be there - selling in the swap meet. A shitload of wheels. Stop by.

Charlie

22. phat rat

phat rat

I'll be there in the swap meet with what I have in the classifieds plus a lot more. Stop by and check it out. gennie 32 shell w/insert, chrome dropped A headlight bar, BLC lights and more

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Weather forecast for the area next weekend :(

Friday high 73 w/30% chance of rain
    Saturday high 72 w/60% chance of rain
    Sunday high 68 w/60% chance of rain

24. Hope the weather pushes through, we don't need another weekend like last year. Will stop over to see who's who.

25. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

I will be there setup in the swap meet.No pics. yet but bringing a few '32 parts. '32 3 window door. 4 speed shifters,gas signs,couple rims and who knows what else I dig out yet :D

26. millersgarage

millersgarage

It can't be any worse weather than last year! No chance. Seems like it rains a little one of the days most years, which I can handle, but the 10" of rain, and the toronado in '08 were horrible. It took a week of sunny days and silica beads to dry me out.

It still worked out for me in the end (StreetScene pick :D) but I had both of my cars there, my Dad driving the '47, and I came home on a wrecker when my alternator failed in the coupe on I-94.

The plan is to bring both cars again this year, with the Mrs driving the '47. The kids will be at home with the Grandparents, so I am hoping for decent weather.

Looking forward to meeting a few folks and enjoying some cookies :rolleyes:

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

We'll be going to the Frankenmuth show on Fri. and Fri evening then hopefully I'll be heading out EARLY sat. morning for Kalamazoo. I hate it when these two events are on the same weekend but if you've ever been to Frankenmuth on Friday night you can understand it's a "do not miss" event.
    Another reason I'd like to make Kalamazoo is this might be the last one for me. There is a pro-street vega right down the road from me, so why would I want to drive to the other side of the state to look at 2-300 of them next year. Hopefully the NSRA won't turn into that but I'm not betting on it. In fact my vision of the whole deal is that they will let the late model stuff get away with things we were never able to pull of just so they don't drive them away. Can anyone say $$$$$$$$$$$$'s rule?:mad:

Frank

28. troylee

troylee

i will be blowin off Frankenmuth. to much to do, k-zoo fri, dirt sprints friday nite, back to k-zoo on Sat. and then of to the funny car nats at 131 dragway. nitro at nite just up the street. gotta go.

29. Troylee:
    Where are the dirt sprints on Friday night?

I'll be in Kzoo all weekend in the old brown Vic. Will try to get to Meet and Greet Saturday at noon.

PHIL

30. troylee

troylee

pprather, Hartford Speedway. 301 Bowie St. Hartford Mi 49057. the adress of the track. good fun hope you go