Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 hudson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Jul 24, 2009.

1. I think its real cool that Kenny told us. Guy was asking 500 for it in his ad in the local auto trader. I figured he would get that with all the calls he was getting while I was at his house. I was the first to look and I am glad Kenny ended up with it he will make it a good cruiser. I pick up a copy weekly as soon as the distributor gets them. I used to deliver them years ago lol.-Weeks

2. When I researched these a while back a decent coupe was bringing $1500-$2500 on eBay. I saw one sell with no motor or trans for $2000. This car isn't that far from a $2000 piece, either, like I said before a decent coat of primer (and a set of right door hinges) would do it.

3. yah man its just a love for the cars thats it.not to many hudsons around these day and saving one more cant hurt I give it that it is a little ruff but if it what u like than build it

4. o yah its a uni body car and if was so rusted out past repair floor wise wouldent it of all ready of fell in on its self dont you think. I have all ready started floor repiir not to bad once u get all the old carpet and seet shit out of therejust a little in each corner in the front from front seat back is excelent didnt expect that but its great and in the trunk its ruff were the tank was but i cut it out and sunk a bug mid 70's cady tank in it

5. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

Keep us informed of your progress, especially with pictures. I'd love to be in your shoes right now, 2 door Hudson, all glass there. Are you going to chop it or keep as is?

7. Looks like you already lowered it! Or did it sit like that when you got it? Always loved Hudsons...They never made a convertable of that body style did they? Carson topped one would be COOL!!!

8. Verminator

Verminator

Must be something about the passenger side hinges on these things. I've got a 50 4 door that the pass hinge just rotted through, and it's not too bad around the hinge??? Mine's better in most spots, little worse in others. It's got a 303 Olds in it that I got to get running one of these days. $850 PM me....30 other projects keep getting in the way......

9. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

LaCarrera Panemericana!! That's a racecar!

10. yah I took out some leef spring and put some blocks in it and took out the front coils out its on bumb stops in front for now

11. elvi411

elvi411

Love the Hudson

12. aussie56

aussie56
    from Australia

I'll second that. Here's mine and a couple others at a show recently. Its good to see the difference between standard and customized.

[​IMG]

13. B1RDMAN

B1RDMAN

does anyone have a pic of what one of these hudson frames looks like?

14. studhud

studhud

First off each quarter panel on that coupe is worth $400 and the doors are about $500 a pair so you made out dont listen to all the negative BS if you bought it build it drive it move on!

Yup I got 2 broughams the new one I have has almost no rust except the hood corners and a small hole in each front floor board. But the passenger hinges are toast I dunno why?
    Dave Hitch

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  15. studhud

studhud

Why would a chop ruin it? If done right its an improvement. You all can be the judge.

[​IMG]

Dave Hitch

16. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

I think it would look better chopped. But...I think most cars would. lol.

Are you trying to sell it or build it? It has potential to be a really nice car.

17. $400 bucks and you got it to fire off wow! 30 years ago i pulled a 50' out of a dairy farm that had been parked because the power brake booster went bad and i was parked. i will admit it took some time to find a rebuild kit for the booster as hemmings was my only resource. the farmer thought he had seen a ghost when it cruised up his driveway with the radio playing! sounds like i was lucky my passenger door hinges were ok. cool ride.

18. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

The '48 "step down" Hudsons created quite a stirr when they came on the scene. For my money, the total appearance -- especially the skirts -- is STILL very "together"!

19. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Brain cells are failing me here. Was it only the '54 that had a wrap-around windshield, OR did the '53 have it, as well?

20. Verminator

Verminator

THANKS !!!! Now ya got me itching to get going on mine. My 50 is a commodore, same tailights, but a bigger 2 piece back window.

21. 54 only.

22. I'm with you Dave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

Glad to see another hud coming together. Studhud and hudsoncustom have put together two beautiful cars and im sure this one will be right there with them. I just passed up a 50 coupe with another complete front clip in about the same condition for $1900. Now im having second thoughts, good luck with this one.

24. studhud

studhud

At least one 53 has one put i put it in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dave

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  25. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

The last several posts (WITH cool PIX) have me reeling. Who needs a Merc when there were Step-Down Hudsons?

Sorry, Merc guys. I love those TOO, BUT HUDSONS JUST COME FIRST!!!

26. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Almost bought a 50 Hudson in high school..... all most. :cool:

27. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Beautiful cars for sure...exception being the grill.

28. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Caddy-O, I actually AGREE on that. I'd look at the stiff, HORIZONTAL grille of my '50 Super, then look at, say, a KEEN '53 and just WISH.

When they went to the step-down designs for '48, that's when they should have lost the '46/'47 grille treatment, fer sher.

29. yah I dont like mine eather looking for something else to put in it nit sure what yet 53 Desoto might look good but then it going in the direction of custom merc's need something different