Register now to get rid of these ads!

new car in the house part II (this one is a keeper)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gorilla, Aug 22, 2009.

1. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

ok so last week I sold the convertible and spent some of the cash on this 49 chopped shoebox...
    chopped in San Ramon in the 60's , bagged at all four corners and sporting the ever popular 350/350 combo rockin under the hood. just been drving it for now , but i am gonna give it a fresh paint job here shortly , gonna leave any major mechanical changes for the winter time... with any luck I can get it painted before B-proof...

Attached Files:

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

very nice. what are the plans for paint?

3. HotRod33

HotRod33

Cool looking ride........

4. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

congrats. i know you've been looking for a shoebox for a bit..... glad you found what you were looking for.

-scott noteboom

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

a very cool ride hope for some more photos when you paint it

6. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

well , that is a secret... lol
    no actually I am gonna paint it a lighter base with crazier flames or maybe scallops... the base coat is for sure the flame vs. scallop is yet to be determined... I gotta fix a few little body issues tho... the previous owners did a skim coat on the roof and it is pretty old and has chipped away in a few spots so i gotta remedy that and smooth out the hood a little and fill the spot in the center since I am not gonna run the chrome strip (nor do i have one anyway). anybody know any good but reasonable body guys in the south bay? lol
    I could just bring my paint to maaco and have them clean it up and shoot it with my paint... lol

7. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

project update!
    ok so me and Scotty (cadillacnut) swappedout the biscuts from the motr mounts today and man did that suck... as is usual for me and a car i own , nothing can be easy... and yesterday after driving down 85 to south SJ to the VA hospital it started running like hammered shit... got home and swapped out the plugs ,all but two were just fine , but two were all jacked up... one had ceased firing due to the wire melting on the exhaust manifold and one other was so completely caked in shite it wasn't working... the sad part was since it's a motor swap and the headers are big , I had to dump 120 bucks down for the high end MSD plug wires so they would be long enough... but i am thinking the motor is on the way out... still smikes on start up and is definitely getting tired. I am in need of a new(ish) one... so off to CL I go hunting for a new motor... for a bargin price of course... lol all of this is eating up my fundage for paint and body work dammit!!! lol