Register now to get rid of these ads!

(ot) how do you keep your beer cold? vintage refrigerators....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have an old fridge out of a mid 50's travel trailer. Gotta keep it turned down to 2 or everything in it freezes. I'll get some pics tonight.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that would be cool, i'd like to see the trailer too...

3. SHOOTER54 and everybody else...there is a growing group of people out there who buy, restore and covet Mid-Century Modern Homes; homes built from 1949-196? or so in that Googie/Jet Age style that evoke the atomic age so well. They even have their own dedicated magazine titled 'Atomic Ranch'...now these same enthusiasts will gladly pay good money for genuine, working 1950s and '60's kitchen and bathroom appliances/utilities, doors, lamps, bookshelves or anything else they need to restore their Mid-Century-Modern home to it's original look. So you can either keep that sweet fridge for yourself, or you can probably make a tidy profit by finding a few more old fridges, cleaning 'em up and selling 'em to a Mid-Century-Modern enthusiast and go out and buy more car parts. It's your call.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  4. DrJ

DrJ

I had an "old" probably '70's fridge that got replaced with a new energy saver type and my Electric bill went down almost $30 a month!:eek:
    I think those old fridges are cool looking but if you don't use the hell out of it, it's probably using more $ than your hotrod's gas tank.
    Just sayin, I know I'm not your mother ;)

5. 61TBird

61TBird

If you have Red Tail Ale on tap(I'm having a couple right now,and I also spot the Black Hawk Stout print on the wall...:rolleyes:),I'm there! :D

6. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

That is one cool man cave!

7. strawberry

strawberry

who has money to buy beer these days..? I can't even pay attention, and drj, are you sure you aren't dr, al gore ?

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

believe me, i know all about the atomic movement....ha, you should see my living room.
    i just like what i like, i don't want to try to make a profit off of it necessarily, i'm the guy wanting to buy the shit, not sell it.
    the whole mid-century modern thing is one of the things my now wife and i bonded on. of course for her, it's the furniture, etc. - for me, it's the cars and everything else.
    either way, it's all cool as fuck. i hope the whole atomic shit doesn't get any bigger than it is honestly, all it does is drive prices up on shit that i'm into.

9. calpyro

calpyro
    from napa

Hombrew currently on tap:
    Fresh Hop IPA (Homegrown Hops)
    Habanero Lager
    Dry Irish Stout
    American Brown Ale
    Fresh Hop Pale Ale
    Hard Honey-Cider-sparkling

In fermentation:
    Hard Honey-Lemonade

Next week:
    Fresh Hop, Double IPA
    Robust Porter.

10. #### Ha Ha !! Defrosting the fridge is like cleaning the coffee pot !! Ya never wanna fuck with a good thing !!! >>>>.

11. doctorZ

doctorZ

i'm in nor-cal!! i'm in nor-cal!!!!!!!

12. lawman

lawman

Heres mine. It keeps me in the shop alot !!!!!!

Attached Files:

13. stomper

stomper
    from SLC

Here is mine, it works great but sure does use alot of electricity. Got it from my grandparents. It was originally white but at some point gramps painted it the 50's green. Even has the original owners manual. Looks like they purchased it in March of 1948. At least thats what's written on the top of the manual in pencil.

Attached Files:

14. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=745292&d=1251713448

Some very cool vintage coolers on here.

In springtime around here, they do a "spring clean-up" on the east & west sides of the city. The old fridges are everywhere (in the right neighborhoods-mainly east) and I've seen several like this one. Even snagged the roller shelves outa one to make a floor-to-ceiling shelf for my house. My dad and I never had the room in the truck to pick one up or else I'd have one in the basement.

15. toxictom

toxictom

not mine, but i did the paintjob on both.....

Attached Files:

16. calpyro

calpyro
    from napa

That's badd A$$. Drill a couple of holes, add some taps and fill it with kegs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.