Register now to get rid of these ads!

6000+miles TOPLESS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oneyellowtub, Aug 12, 2009.

1. 30 replies for 6000 miles? There should be 200-300 post of people all pulling their puds to this...

2. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Way to go man I drive my T-bucket this way through Asia for years.

Years ago I had just put a brand new roll and pleated interior in the car and floor carpet and the rain pissed down and my big tires threw all the dirt and sand into my car on my new upholstery I got home and took it all out as i made every thing removal able and cleaned it let it dry in the sun and put it back in the car.

Here is to not being a wimp cheers !

Oh my latest creation is I bought a huge black plastic garbage bag and cut out a place to stick my head and arms through so when its raining I don't freeze to death in the wind and rain in the tropics because when your wet and driving in a 60 MPH wind the heat gets sucked right out of your body after 4 ,5 ,6 7,8 or 12 hours.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just did a slideshow of the pics. what an awesome trip. thanks for sharing.

Frank

4. phukinartie

phukinartie

5. forty1

forty1

" Professor",.
    Wow ! Excellent Road Trip adventure., especially from the seat of a convert..
    Your slide show worked great. Being from SW Colorado- love seeing the mts & desert, plus all the other States..
    Thanks for posting & sharing..
    -41-

6. rocnroll

rocnroll
    from alabama

Hey man, looks like I'm running into you everywhere I turn these days! (Ardmore, Frog follies.....I'm the guy with the jeep and the Model A phaeton) so I might as well make you my first post here.

I joined a little while back (no, haven't done the intro thing yet but I will) just wanted to say 'hey' from Alabama and looks like a great trip you had.....brings back memories of mine.

See ya up the road somewhere I'm sure!

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

cool man,....ill need to dedicate some time to sit and look at ALL of them. sounds like a blast.

8. murfman

murfman

Where is that junkyard? Damn cool trip my hat off to you

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Best description ever!! I love it, CONGRATS!!

Ian

10. best road trip description i've seen.
    no bullshit.
    no soft fluffy seats.
    no radio.
    good times.

11. Yes Gil the GPS was worth its weight in gold and the Midnight Mass was an excellent experience and an excuse to drive out west.

It is also fun running into Chad and guys like you all over the Southeast, I look forward to future shows and meeting many new people up north next year and out west again. I'm thinking a run to NY, then Billetproof Detroit and then out West-we will see.

Yes the scenary in CO and beyond is absolutely amazing and experiencing it in a roadster is tops. I am glad hear so many of you have enjoyed the photos of my trip.

Hope to see more of you on the road soon.

12. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

13. Big Tony

Big Tony

Congrats on a trip of a lifetime

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

you go clear across country no problems, then you put a tenn poorboy in it,go 200 miles and run out of gas!!!!:rolleyes: go figure!

15. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

that little touring T must have a 100K on the clock. And that little 4.3 just keeps going. At the Redneck Rumble it never stopped riding around all day Saturday, at Hot Rods and Hillbillies it raced all day. I see it at every show or cruise...cool little car !!

16. yblock292

yblock292

The day after i retire , more or less, I'm jumping in the coupe and doing the same thing,wanna go down through Arizona , New Mexico, up the coast high way, what ever i feel like at the time!

17. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

Too Cool. We just bought a 1927 tub for the purpose of building it and then driving it to Bonneville in 2010. Not as many miles but still no top and looks like a ton of fun.
    x3 where is that junkyard. I tried saving the background pictures and blowing them up and I can almost read the exit sign.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  18. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing!!! Only the "Hearty" would understand your list!! In my 5 times across the USA, I cheated---Ran the top!!!!---But had a lifetime of adventure from state to state!!!----------Don

19. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Damn, I need to get out more. Well done.

20. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

NIce trip and pics man! Can you give us an idea of where you started went to and then ended at? Always love a road trip!

21. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Looks like an awesome time. Its on my bucket list for sure!

22. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Let me know when you come to NY i'll get a few guys and we can cruise NYC and I can show you all the worst parts of town.

23. joebuick

joebuick

thats a nice looking tub I would love to build one like that