Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hemi FED video and pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Today I went on a lil rod run put on by a local car club. The last stop was a friend of mine's house Stan. Stan restored this Dragster a couple years ago. The Eagle Electric dragster is a very well know car in this area. It was the first car to run over 200 at our old Deer Park dragstrip Just North of Spokane.
    Funny thing is My Dad got to sit in this very car when he was very small. "Eagle Frank" was the driver back then, my Dad still has an autographed picture of the car from Frank. Well, My Nephew Hayden was with us so he got to sit in the same car his grandad did when he was around the same age! He was a pretty excited 3 year old.

And finally no one can look at a Hemi dragster without firing it up! Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hayden and grandpa
    [​IMG]

Hayden also like this thing!
    [​IMG]

This is Hamber "Payne". His Dad crewed on this car back in it's race days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i307.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/hotrodder_66/MVI_4379.flv">

2. Chris,
    Thanks for letting me ride along with you on the poker run. I had a blast all day. Great pictures and video of the Eagle Dragster. I spent most of the time at Stan's looking through and reading the scrapbook about the car that Frank Rupert dad's had made in 1965. Coolest thing I found in the scrapbook was a hand written side note from when they took the car to Pacific Raceways in Kent, it said.

"The Seattle drag boys were a little jealous of the Eagle Electric car because of how young the crew was."

Red Haugan, Jack Forney, Frank Rupert, Bill Payne were all under the age of 23 at the time, and they were setting track records all over the Northwest with the car. The Eagle Electric Dragster is also featured for July of the 2009 H.A.M.B. Calendar. Here's the color version of the photo.
    [​IMG]

3. Way cool pics !!! >>>>.

4. drflex

drflex

was thinking of selling my 392...guess i'll have to keep it abit longer...
    btw. what size are those pie-crusts? are the recaps?

5. I think 16-1000, They are very old M&H racemaster dragster tires on 16X10 magnesium Halibrand's. Those exact wheels and tires were on the car when it ran back in '65.

6. that is just pure awesome!

7. couverkid

couverkid

That is so bad ass good to see the little ones taken along like we where when we where kids. Get the old car fever in there blood.

8. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

9. Yeah, I saw the pics of your lil boy with your 40 coupe over the weekend. Great times :D

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You've always got something going on up there Chris. Love the pics and I am sure the nephew is going to remember that for a long long time. Best part of the FED???? The stichwork on the seat!!!! Oh and the Hemi is pretty cool too.

11. Always something to do around here! Hayden LOVES hotrods. He likes it when Uncle Chris comes over and he gets to go for rides up and down the street:D